Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    i had the same but they killed him and we continue but i havent got any gear even loot and it saved me to that boss... kinda suck hu ?....

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Not really, but a somewhat humorous story.

Last evening I queued for LFR, and got into Vault of Mysteries, with 1/6 bosses down. Upon arrival, the Elegon encounter was already underway, so I couldn't get into the room. I decided to simply sit and wait, wound up dying to some of the aoe damage that goes out, and rez'ing outside the instance was unavailable to me. So I simply logged off.... the boss was around 50% at the time.

I log in today, in ghost form outside the raid entrance. Hit the portal to clear everything, look in my bag, and behold:

Bottle of Infinite Stars
    You were tagged to the boss, the kill counted for you and you were awarded loot, but because you logged the system sends it through the mail rather than not assign it to you. The system doesn't recognise that you actually logged vs. say a disconnect, but its still fair. This happens all the time, also happens if you have full bags and the system is unable to place loot you one in your bags and you leave the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    LFR purples are indeed soooo endgame stuff.
    They are to some people. Everyone's "endgame" is different... REAL endgame never happens..... as there is always the next raid patch etc. Endgame therefore is relative to when you play and what game you play. Normal mode "whatever" will be a lot of peoples endgame - and for many it will simply be LFR...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Nah he couldn't get in to get his loot.
    I don't normally make a habit of tl;dr

but yeah, happens sometimes. i've had it happen to me when i was locked out on will before

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    i had the same but they killed him and we continue but i havent got any gear even loot and it saved me to that boss... kinda suck hu ?....
    Although... if you HADNT DCd you STILL wouldnt have got any loot.... the system wouldnt have rolled better for you because you were there...

So you got loot even while being logged off AND being outside the instance? That sounds dumb to me, but oh well, nice for you.

They are. For some players, LFR IS raiding. It is the only raiding they are interested in and for them, that is endgame gear. What a pointless post, my man. There's no reason to hate other people for their interests. Perhaps you are just feeling a bit guilty over the amount of time you spend on this game and this causes you to lash out at those that choose not to spend as much time in game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I thought because of BMAH - epics in the mail is already a reality?
    If you're gonna go there, what about buying BOE epics on the regular AH? Or what about just mailing some BOE epics to a friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    So this makes me wonder. When is the loot roll actually determined? Or what the requirement/eligibility for loot is. Not that it really matters, but it's something fun for me to think about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    So you got loot even while being logged off AND being outside the instance? That sounds dumb to me, but oh well, nice for you.
    Like someone said on the first page of replies... The loot rolls occurs when the boss dies. The roll was just designed with some forthought so that if ppl disconnect or crash or something as a boss dies they dont get screwed on loot.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the LF system. You were elligible for loot, but weren't there to collect, so the game mailed your "lost" loot to you.

Turns out you won an item roll.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Pucker View Post
    I don't have mists of pandaria, and skipped almost all of cataclysm. I still like to read the forums regarding a game I devoted 6+ years of my life to
    This is my exact situation. No idea why I still follow it since I have no plans to resub. Guess I just love what the game used to be.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, Mr. Top 0.00000000000000000001% doesn't approve of your loot.

@Melodramocracy: this isn't something terribly new. What is interesting is that you got credit when you were not in the room. Probably because you died.
    Grats on your loot!
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Last weekend we had a LFR boss pulled before a warrior got back from Org to repair. He sat in org for whole fight, and yes, won loot for the fight.

:-/

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Oh no, Mr. Top 0.00000000000000000001% doesn't approve of your loot.

@Melodramocracy: this isn't something terribly new. What is interesting is that you got credit when you were not in the room. Probably because you died.
    Grats on your loot!
    I imagine to prevent QQ Blizz set it up so anyone in the raid not DCed would "win loot."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)