View Poll Results: What are your non-playable races?

Voters
480. This poll is closed
  • Human

88 18.33%
  • Dwarf

123 25.63%
  • Gnome

182 37.92%
  • Night Elf

76 15.83%
  • Dranei

91 18.96%
  • Worgen

94 19.58%
  • Orc

72 15.00%
  • Troll

87 18.13%
  • Tauren

107 22.29%
  • Undead

82 17.08%
  • Blood Elf

73 15.21%
  • Goblin

124 25.83%
  • Pandaren

90 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Post I just can't bring myself to play a ________.

I know we all probably have multiple races that we choose not to play for one reason or another. Which races will you just never ever want to play and why?

For myself, I would have to say Trolls. I just can't bring myself to roll and level one. Never could. Not even a DK. I just don't get the appeal. To each their own, but for me, Trolls get the least amount of love in the game.

EDIT: Allowed for more than one choice.
    Last edited by GnomercyBeastmaster; 2012-11-20 at 07:19 PM.

Deleted
    The only race I'm playing (if available) is Troll. Since Classic.
    I'd never play anything else if I don't have to.

Deleted
    Human, I have no idea why so many people do this, and I dont even speak about character models, but playing fantasy game and pick boring human?

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW. I came here, hoping to be able to openly declare my hatred for the hunter class, and then it's a thread dedicated to fantasy racism? >:O

10+ Year Old Account
    i've played every race at least to some extent.. though i don't think i have any orcs or undead currently.. if i do it's been ages since i've played them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    WOW. I came here, hoping to be able to openly declare my hatred for the hunter class, and then it's a thread dedicated to fantasy racism? >:O
    Pretty much.

OP - While not a race in general the male orcs and tauren I cannot stand due to how massive their shoulder armor is. While not as bad on tauren, the orc take the cream of the crop when it comes to overcompensation.

Any race when the boots do not show properly, like with worgen for example. No idea why, just can't stand it

15+ Year Old Account
    Orcs, closely followed by tauren. I did give tauren a try though, due to wanting a druid at the time trolls could not be one. It didn't work out. Orcs I haven't tried at all.

I am not too found of the camera angle on gnomes and goblins either, but the races themselves I actually like and play as alts.

Deleted
    i used to hate orcs in wow coz they werent as cool as wc3 ones.....but now i cant! so i like em all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot bring myself to play a villainous, filthy Horde. Except Trolls. And Blood Elves. Cuz Trolls are awesome. I don't have a good reason for BE.
    I cannot bring myself to play a gnome. For those that do, it's okay. Nobody is perfect.
    I cannot bring myself to play a DK. Just cannot get into all the mechanics and rune system. Could never get past Outland while leveling like 6 of them.

Sadly, most of my toons are human, but only because I'm too used to the 10% rep boost bonus, makes those rep grinds just a little bit easier. Also ANY armor looks decent on them. They may not look the best, but for the vast majority of the time, they won't look completely shitty either.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

I can't really say, I have a Tauren hunter, an undead priest, a goblin mage, an orc warrior, belf paladin, Troll shaman, Human Warrior, Dwarf Hunter, Night elf druid, Gnome warlock, Draenei DK, Worgen Rogue, and Pandaren Monk...
    I have many more toons but I suppose there isn't a race that I wouldn't play...

Now, I wouldn't play a Female Dwarf, Male Gnome, Male Draenei, Female Orc, Female Tauren, Female Troll, Male Blood Elf, or Female Goblin, but everything else yeah...

Deleted
    I think goblin was the worst for me, I was curious of their starting experience so I had to make one to see it. I made him look as obnoxious as possible since I felt it fitted goblins. I also did Azshara since I had not done it, so got him to level 22. In that time I died 25 times, so think I was starting to kill him just because of sadism. At the end I just threw him off a cliff in Ashenvale and deleted him.

Deleted
    Human - stupid cumbersome animations, disproportionate, no-neck, and cliche.

If i could pick more than one I would say Troll - no armor looks good on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually figured this would be a class thread instead of a race thread too.

I have never played an undead or a gnome. I just can't find any features that I like on them during character creation...gnome would be ok in that respect but I can't stand the character animations.

Night Elf, Blood Elf, Forsaken, Tauren and Pandaren are the only races I can play or ever will consider playing, with heavy leaning towards elves only.

10+ Year Old Account
    gnome/ dwarf and goblin, so damn small D:

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 07:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanaSlave View Post
    Human - stupid cumbersome animations, disproportionate, no-neck, and cliche.

If i could pick more than one I would say Troll - no armor looks good on them.
    shaman does :O !
    dare to say my Akuun doesnt look badass !
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2012-11-20 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    Human, I have no idea why so many people do this, and I dont even speak about character models, but playing fantasy game and pick boring human?
    Aesthetics > sake of being different.

Most of the races are humanoid anyway, and I dont see the appeal to roll a human with pointy ears, or hooves, or tusks, or blue skin. As for other monster-like races? They are too ugly to play seriously. That said, I play mainly humans and midget humans, and a pandaren because they have the advantage of way better models.

I cant bring myself to play most of the horde races. Not a fan of big ugly monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Numbnutt View Post
    Any race when the boots do not show properly, like with worgen for example. No idea why, just can't stand it
    My main is a worgen, so I am constantly shifting back to human. I felt the same way about trolls and UD. I don't like it when the armor doesn't cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    rolled a gnome dk for shits 'n giggles...mainly out of boredom, joined an all gnome guild back before MoP, but only leveled her out of the starting zone and never played that toon again. in general i cant see ever playing a gnome...draenei is close second, with orc bringing up the rear. the latter two is just from burnout having had alts of those races for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Probly a mage that died to a hunter :P
    OT: trolls. overrated, ugly, boring.