Primal Diamond price has skyrocketed (as well as cut metas). Why?

There used to be whole pages of Primal Diamonds unsold at the AH, and the Metas used to go for 85-350g max.

Today I noticed that the AH only had a single (!!!) primal diamond for sale which sold for 750g. I also noted that all meta prices went up by 50 to 300%. Why is that?
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    For two reasons:
    1. Ore nodes have descreased by 50%, which would in theory have an impact to double the price of the mats needed.
    2. Many addons have been crippled by 5.1 and are awauting an update. This means fewer sellers and more hassle selling which means less competition. This mean sellers want more money for the hassle of listing and being undercut. It might stabilise later.

10+ Year Old Account
    People see the patch notes than they try to monetize on it by over pricing affected items. Give it a week, and they will continue to go down; as people unsub and others geared to the point where they dont need anymore primals.

I don't know Laroux, cut Metas have been 500-1k a piece for a few weeks on my server, and some cheaper ones have been rising to 6-7.

Prices fluctuate. I've seen them go up to 2.5k on my server, and now they are slowly going back down. Currently 1.5k and dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    For two reasons:
    1. Ore nodes have descreased by 50%, which would in theory have an impact to double the price of the mats needed.
    2. Many addons have been crippled by 5.1 and are awauting an update. This means fewer sellers and more hassle selling which means less competition. This mean sellers want more money for the hassle of listing and being undercut. It might stabilise later.
    Nope, mats still close to their old price. Crafted items skyrocketed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Nope, mats still close to their old price. Crafted items skyrocketed.
    Aparrt from all servers being different, then you are posting a week after the event. It can only mean the supply side has decreased or the demand side has increased (more people getting meta gem gear) or both. If crafted items have skyrocketed then it will mean there is a kind of understanding from those able to cut metas to keep the prices high and nobody is willing to challenge it or can be bothered to. Eventually someone will unless the ah is camped. the bubble will burst eventually.

A significant trader can influence the price and may have either substantial ore reserves that would mean the price does not have to rise. A botter or several bitters in a server can count as getting their mats virtually free and so may be the ones systaining a fixed price. There are all sorts of possible explanation, but dont worry the price will come down.
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2012-12-10 at 02:25 AM. Reason: updated

10+ Year Old Account
    It probably has to do with the ore spawn rate being halved in 5.1.

Price on my server has been pretty stable, but it was never very low to begin with; pretty much been between 850 and 1k gold this whole expansion.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Just checked my server they go from 200-900, and the two extremes here are people undercutting and overpricing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The spawn rate of Ore would be a great impact on the pricing of an item. Less ore = More time a person has to put in, to making set item.