Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Blacksmithing says lol.
    1 go figure

I really can't fathom the need to drop and re-learn a profession just to get like 1 or 2% extra PVP power, unless you're an R1 player or something in arenas.
    Is the OP's skill level already such that the only difference left to improve is through a profession?

I go and just browsing through some of the top gladiators' armories, I see plenty with Jewelcrafting. R1 gladiators I don't even see many taking Blacksmithing, the super duper profession that everyone's claiming about. Reckful's warrior is Engineering/Tailoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaketh the truth View Post
    We all know what the problems are: it's tax and spend. One profession will tax and spend, the other profession will not tax but will spend. It's both of them together.
    Why don't any of your posts in any thread make sense?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Why don't any of your posts in any thread make sense?
    Because he's a troll, just ignore him and when he gets banned you can get on with your life.

Just wanted to throw in the idea that engineering is better than blacksmithing for the added burst.

Engineer > Smith > All other crafted > Gathering > JC

At least you can make gold with JC, not saying you can't make gold with BS or EG, but if you worked as hard at making gold as a JC you'd be rolling in it :P

And at the end of the day, its only in the very closest games that a matter of 640 PvP Power or Resilience is going to have swung it either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

JC is the worst profession (other than gathering) for everything. Why should PvP be special?

Maybe if there's a class/spec that gems pure str/int/agi regularly (mine doesn't, but maybe some do) it would be 'on-par' with other professions in PvE, (NOT BS or Eng) but that's it. Having to drop a 320 secondary gem for a JC gem makes it a net loss over another profession.

I've been complaining about JC being terrible since Dragonsoul came out with epic gems, and I dropped it before MOP came out seeing they apparently don't have any intention of fixing it. No regrets about that decision.

The thing with JC that's so bad, is that we LOSE PvP power/resi by using our gems. We need to use two gem slots for JC only gems to get spirit, int, Str, agi, sta. While other proffesions gains something without sacrificing anything
    For instance; Enchanting have a 100% stat gain from their "Enchanting Only thing" - ring enchants. And BS get two extra gem slots = best for PvP as that gives them two extra PvP gems.

But does this realy matter that much for PvP? Yes, you get about 2-3% more PvP Power as a BS, but then again - you do get some extra of your primary stat as JC, and primary stats aint all that bad either you know, as pretty much all spells scales from that.

If you want to reroll, just make a new char with gathering and farm away with a profit. Hell, pick Enchanting and do it wise. I lvled it up to 500 and had a 10k profit by only lvling from AH (Buying greens - DE - Sell dust I didnt use, and sell scrolls with some twink enchants etc)
    Be smart, and outsmart the others.

And JC aint all that good for PvE either, because of the epic gems.. But atleast you can earn some gold on having the proffesion :P I know for sure I'm dropping it for going Ench/BS on my main when I'm arsed to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Looks like someone is going to have to spend another 5k+ to lvl a new profession. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I really can't fathom the need to drop and re-learn a profession just to get like 1 or 2% extra PVP power, unless you're an R1 player or something in arenas.
    Is the OP's skill level already such that the only difference left to improve is through a profession?

I go and just browsing through some of the top gladiators' armories, I see plenty with Jewelcrafting. R1 gladiators I don't even see many taking Blacksmithing, the super duper profession that everyone's claiming about. Reckful's warrior is Engineering/Tailoring.
    yea, even R1 players don't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    yea, even R1 players don't give a shit.
    Yeah, BS isnt good for anything except those two extra sockets.. I'd pick Engi over it and have a blast in BGs :P That kite looks so awesome!
    I doubt any proffesion is gamebreaking in PvP, you could probably go with no (or even two gathering proffesions) and do decent, if not just as good as any other.

The only place it realy counts is in hardcore progression raiding where every 0.1% dps counts, to get that first kill
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore