0 0%
  • 81-100 $

1 0.93%
  • over 100 $

8 7.41%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How much IRL money have u spent in the Cartel Market so far?

Yeah, 105 € here (approx. 120 $). Must. resist. arrrgh.
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent ~$80ish (a little over). Why? Because opening them gave me the excitement I had when I was opening packs of Pokemon cards as a child. It was a nostalgic feeling that I couldn't pass up.

Also your character names have me laughing pretty hard. It is 3AM and I did just finish a History paper, but I assure you that me being tired is not the reason.

Deleted
    $200 spent and few regrets here.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    funny to see that it's either nothing or large sum, no compromises.

wow...some sad sad people here lol, either no life or too much money.

Does keeping your subscription active count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    wow...some sad sad people here lol, either no life or too much money.
    Please refrain from making these sort of posts. This will be my only warning to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Please refrain from making these sort of posts. This will be my only warning to you.
    Fair enough, to each his own, my bad mate. I still reckon if EA had gone something like GW2 model, they would have won a lot more fans.

$40 here. Ashamed of myself, but I've been loving the items I've gotten.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Dr. Carl Sagan

Deleted
    none...yet

but that Cartel market is awfully tempting, for spiffy looking matching armour for my levelling alts to the cartel packs, ive resisted so far...but paydays around the corner.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only things that really stand out are the light sabers and the white crystal. But let's be honest with ourselves. Why did we not see this stuff in the game already? Seriously. Almost one year and they have had no unique looking light sabers for raid gear? It's like they refused to give any effort until you had to pay extra money for it. And even then it's been a minimal effort.

And before people jump on me saying to give them time, think about how long we've known about F2P. We all know this was rushed from a system standpoint, but the fact that they couldn't pull some artists to make more items for the Cartel Market is disturbing. So is the fact that so far they are only putting this stuff in the random chance boxes.

I feel that same draw to get coins just to keep dumping them into the boxes, because that mystery and success in getting something good are what compels us to do lots of activities like that. Scratch off Lottery tickets, games of chance at the fair, etc. So far I'm resisting the urge, since it was already against my good will to subscribe in the first place.

(I did use all my coins for subscribing to buy boxes though, because what else am I going to use them on?)

So far none and not cause I didn't want to but I wanted to wait till the, "Buy it now, have it right now." urge subsided before I dropped any real cash beyond my sub fee.

I'm sure I'll drop some cash over the holidays coming up but I wanted to not do it just cause I had a big urge buy something.

It's a nice hobby, nice game, fun to play and there slightly not so F2P game and shop is pretty good and should expand. I have no problems spending on it, I'm just trying to not be too impulsive about it.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-11-19 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    That's so sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    more... and if I had regrets I wouldn't start spending a single dime. People having problems with other people's money spent are always good for a laugh though.

i find the cartel market to be stupid. and a waste of money

Deleted
    Have not, don't plan to. While I purchased many games as collector's editions, spending money directly 1:1 for pixels is a line I'd loath to cross. And it seems I don't have to, as you can purchase most cartel speeders and pets for less than 40k credits. Looking at the AH anything but throne and mask seems to be reasonably common.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    And it seems I don't have to, as you can purchase most cartel speeders and pets for less than 40k credits. Looking at the AH anything but throne and mask seems to be reasonably common.
    Yep. It's a couple of dailies to buy most items already. The prices might go up slightly over time, but I doubt it because everyone will have everything but the sabers, throne, and mask this week.

i have spent nothing cause my download speed is such trash

but if i like the game i might consider subbing or atleast spending the coins for prefered status

Proud to say I've resisted spending any money so far.

Did use the coins we were given to buy a crime lord pack though, a cheap thrill if not a little disappointing. The only really neat thing in the pack was the glowing eyes. However scouring the GTM for deals proved to be almost as enjoyable. Spent about 500,000 credits and got pretty much everything I was really looking forward to. It was really a shock to see the prices drop so far so fast on so many things.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahfireworks View Post
    Proud to say I've resisted spending any money so far.

Did use the coins we were given to buy a crime lord pack though, a cheap thrill if not a little disappointing. The only really neat thing in the pack was the glowing eyes. However scouring the GTM for deals proved to be almost as enjoyable. Spent about 500,000 credits and got pretty much everything I was really looking forward to. It was really a shock to see the prices drop so far so fast on so many things.
    I had a very similar experience.

I was even able to buy some of the better looking weapon shells and outfits for nearly nothing.

and now seeing that you can buy unlocks for credits. Things are looking interesting in the coming months.

However, I'm still resisting the urge to impulse buy as long as I can.