Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    An entire race based on rape is a little too grim if you ask me.
    And yet 'death by snoo-snoo' is found to be hysterical by so many.

why are there still people using swords and shields when theres fireguns?

Quote Originally Posted by baldcore View Post
    Yeah and when she was found she had a seriously frosty disposition towards those who found her. If you think that is bad trying thinking about where the ogre population comes from. Notice you almost never see female ogres or ogre children. My only guess is that females humanoids are typically kidnapped by ogres, raped, and then later the female ogre children are killed while the males are raised to maturity. That explains also why some ogres are of different sizes and characteristics than some other ogres though I wonder if a gnome or goblin could even survive something that brutal. Yikes!
    The ogre thing is just because Blizzard is lazy. Same reason you don't see female Tuskarr, Fel Orcs, Broken, Ethreals, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    The ogre thing is just because Blizzard is lazy. Same reason you don't see female Tuskarr, Fel Orcs, Broken, Ethreals, etc...
    Have you seen an Ethereal without its magical wraps? It's just a mass of energy. I wouldn't be surprised if they were asexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    And yet 'death by snoo-snoo' is found to be hysterical by so many.
    In the source of that phrase all but one of the victims were willing.

''The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak and spongey!''

Quote Originally Posted by baldcore View Post
    Yeah and when she was found she had a seriously frosty disposition towards those who found her. If you think that is bad trying thinking about where the ogre population comes from. Notice you almost never see female ogres or ogre children. My only guess is that females humanoids are typically kidnapped by ogres, raped, and then later the female ogre children are killed while the males are raised to maturity. That explains also why some ogres are of different sizes and characteristics than some other ogres though I wonder if a gnome or goblin could even survive something that brutal. Yikes!
    ogre females do exist in lore, and there are a few ogre children in ogri'la. there's also the female ogre mask from the hallow's end, and a quest that mentions a tribe of "ogrezonians" lol

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 10:47 PM ----------

from WoWpedia: Ogre females have not appeared in the games and only a few have been mentioned in the lore. The few ogre females mentioned in lore include the unnamed wife of Tharg, who died by the claws of the black dragonflight. Chief Ogg'ora was a female ogre sorceress and former leader of the Fire-Gut ogres. One of Gro'ach the Wise's commanders among the Duskbelch ogres was a female barbarian named Vaxar. Both the Alliance and Horde versions of Ogrezonians in the Mood mention, but do not show the island of Ogrezonia, which is inhabited by giant female ogres. In 2011 Hallow's End, new masks were added to the game, including an Ogre Female Mask.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aureth View Post
    Okay, so killing an old god is supposed to mess up Azeroth, so they imprison them. We kill fragments/parts of them. That part I know.

However, it's said...I'll spoiler this because it's new(Dread Wastes Klaxxi daily quest chain spoilers)

that the Titans actually destroyed Y'Shaarj...and his 'last breath' spawned all the Sha. He had seven heads, and it's pretty obvious each one of those heads are one of the huge Sha-Anger, Fear, Doubt, Hatred, Despair, Violence...and there's obviously one more that we don't know about.

Was quite wondering about this.
    My guess... Pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    My guess... Pride.
    Blizzard has repeatedly stated that the Sha represent Emperor Shaohao's burdens and not Y'shaarj's heads. Shaohao had six burdens, so there are six Sha.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Blizzard has repeatedly ... stated that Shaohao had six burdens, so there are six Sha
    Actually it's Seven burdens...

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Have you seen an Ethereal without its magical wraps? It's just a mass of energy. I wouldn't be surprised if they were asexual.
    Ethereals used to be flesh and blood living beings on K'aresh. When they were attacked by the Void lord, Dimensius, his coming caused the whole planet to explode in magical energy that was only barely slowed down by the Ethrereal's advanced technology. Even though the were not incinerated to nothing, the energy still broke through and obliterated their flesh bodies, turning them into beings of pure energy. The wrappings they wear are a method for them to return that energy into their old humanoid look.

It's very likely the Ethereals had females when they were flesh, since they utilize similar gender markers. Example, Nexus-King Salhadaar or Nexus-Prince Shaffar. The fact we have never seen a female Ethereal means one of three things, they were all killed during the transformation and are now extinct, they all became "male" when they transformed, including male voices, or the most likely, that Blizzard just didn't want to worry about making a female variation.

BC was the first expansion that Blizzard just kind of looked at the extra races and decided "screw it" when it came to females, if you datamine the models you can even find an unfinished broken female and a fel orc female file. Both were scrapped sometime during BC development.
    Last edited by Grocalis; 2012-11-22 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Blizzard has repeatedly stated that the Sha represent Emperor Shaohao's burdens and not Y'shaarj's heads. Shaohao had six burdens, so there are six Sha.
    Yeah, except that have never repeatedly stated that.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Ethereals used to be flesh and blood living beings on K'aresh. When they were attacked by the Void lord, Dimensius, his coming caused the whole planet to explode in magical energy that was only barely slowed down by the Ethrereal's advanced technology. Even though the were not incinerated to nothing, the energy still broke through and obliterated their flesh bodies, turning them into beings of pure energy. The wrappings they wear are a method for them to return that energy into their old humanoid look.

It's very likely the Ethereals had females when they were flesh, since they utilize similar gender markers. Example, Nexus-King Salhadaar or Nexus-Prince Shaffar. The fact we have never seen a female Ethereal means one of three things, they were all killed during the transformation and are now extinct, they all became "male" when they transformed, including male voices, or the most likely, that Blizzard just didn't want to worry about making a female variation.

BC was the first expansion that Blizzard just kind of looked at the extra races and decided "screw it" when it came to females, if you datamine the models you can even find an unfinished broken female and a fel orc female file. Both were scrapped sometime during BC development.
    Personally, i don't relate male voices to be a male sex in a fantasy world like this. But hey, we will find out when we next visit the Ethereals. Like you said their physical forms were lost, so i'd imagine that would include their original voices. We could be dealing with both male and female Ethereals.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2012-11-22 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Personally, i don't relate male voices to be a male sex in a fantasy world like this. But hey, we will find out when we next visit the Ethereals. Like you said their physical forms were lost, so i'd imagine that would include their original voices. We could be dealing with both male and female Ethereals.
    Not exactly, otherwise they would likely all carry the same voice because the energy thing would have done the same process to all of them. The fact they carry different voices means that they likely kept the voices that once defined them while they were flesh and blood.

Really, the way you have to look at the Ethereals is like "half-spirits". The body was ripped away, but the soul was infused with so much energy they took on basically a new form of life rather then just becoming a spirit. Souls, in turn, usually keep a memory of what they were when "alive", otherwise people like Terenas, Uther, etc... would all be ghostly blobs.

The Ethereals, like I said, utilize the wraps to help contain themselves while also allowing them to look and move as their old humanoid appearance before the event took their flesh from them. For your idea to work, all the Ethereal ladies would have to be openly wrapping themselves to look male, and then also speak male.

P.S. Not sure why you don't attach gender to voices. With many races or creatures, the only way to even attach gender is through the voice. Voice and Title are always the big ones.
    Last edited by Grocalis; 2012-11-22 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    - If there exist no male harpy, then how do they breed?
    There was a book I once read that answered this. Harpies alternate between breeding with vultures and men to stay in the middle. The vulture generation doesn't care birds is birds. The man generation... well its not rape but no one admits to it once they go home with a hangover.

As for old go death. I think of it this way. They may not be planet wide but they are big and twisty underground. If they die and soften up rotting huge sinkholes will open as tunnels collapse. So it wont destroy the planet but things will shift around.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 07:18 PM ----------

Oh and as for ogre women. Ya check under the loincloth. Some of those are ladies.

Whats the deal with Kara's basement?

Isn't Aviana not even actually a harpy, she just uses their model? She was/is simply the Goddess of the Air and all its creatures, and therefore her model had to be something that flew. I don't think any of the Ancients are supposed to be much beyond Nature Neutral; she's not evil, she's just pissed due to her recent trauma.

Harpies I thought originated with (who else?) the Night Elves much like the Naga or Satyrs. Now that I think about it I'm not even sure on any specifics, but that was always my impression of them. And if they have similar demonic/ritual origins, it's possible you could simply "become" one instead of being born one, which would be another way of replenishing their numbers. They do have those weird Weaver nests though...

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    Harpies I thought originated with (who else?) the Night Elves much like the Naga or Satyrs. Now that I think about it I'm not even sure on any specifics, but that was always my impression of them. And if they have similar demonic/ritual origins, it's possible you could simply "become" one instead of being born one, which would be another way of replenishing their numbers. They do have those weird Weaver nests though...
    The story of them being turned from Night Elves was from the RPG, and has been confirmed non-canon. New sources from Brann Bronzebeard have implied the Harpies as a race spawned from Aviana sometime long in the past, similar to how the Quilboar spawned from Agamaggan.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Why is the Horde still in Ashenvale fighting the Night Elves for wood, when Azshara has been taken (for the most part) by the Goblins?
    Well to answer that, Ashenvele is still the most plentiful land in that part of Kalimdor

Plus, even when the Horde claims Azshara, its not like the Night Elves will give up and surrender and let them keep it, they are fighting their hearts out
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-11-22 at 08:21 AM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    What the heck happened to Gallywix, and how is the leadership of the Bilgewater Cartel affected by his disappearance?
    Is in Azshara.. no ?

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    Is in Azshara.. no ?
    his pleasure palace is in azshara, but he isn't in it. he's just not in-game after the gob starting zones.

my guess would be that they are waiting for siege of orgrimmar to release his personal "obese and filthy rich goblin" model.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    why does a race with a spaceship still use swords?
    This is simple. If you had the option of building a grenade or using a fireball spell, which is cheaper resource wise? Obviously not the grenade since the grenade takes quite a few resources. So, it's a matter of us, why waste resources rather then just use magic?

"yes, but a spaceship helps you travel through planets"
    Yes, we used a portal to get to Outland. It was instant and if someone sabotaged it it wouldn't have crashed us killing a large part of us and polluting the area with corruption.

"but what about the power source?"
    Gnomeregan had a large power source, and it resulted in the almost destruction of the gnome race and fallout, Dalaran used magic as power and when it was destroyed in WC3 it didn't create fallout or kill anyone just form magic shutting down.

"and weapons?"
    If the Tempest Keep had weapons stronger then magic, don't you think the naaru would have went and killed all the demons instead of wasting time gathering adventurers.

Why didn't they make Mogu the new race in mop instead of pandas -_-