Thread: 1.6 Patch Notes

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    Still no class changes or balance fixes. PvP is a mess atm with all the cc's going on, with the Sage/Sorcerer's bubble being the main problem.
    What kind of problems do you see/ have?

The only thing I would change about pvp is introducing the deserter buff and change civil wars canon system so you won't have people camping at 300-320.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You can't assume that the current Patch Notes are finalized. They *will* be adding more as time goes on. It has happened every time something goes on the PTS.
    Yeah, I just hope they do actually add stuff in this patch, or preferably a mini patch before this one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    What kind of problems do you see/ have?

The only thing I would change about pvp is introducing the deserter buff and change civil wars canon system so you won't have people camping at 300-320.
    I take it you dont see a problem that every wz is now a stun fest thanks to the Sage/Sorc's bubble pop fiasco (can click it off to stun people even!), along with damage being higher than it should be on certain classes.

Or do you play a Sorceror/Sage, Powertech/Vanguard or an Assassin/Shadow?

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    I take it you dont see a problem that every wz is now a stun fest thanks to the Sage/Sorc's bubble pop fiasco (can click it off to stun people even!), along with damage being higher than it should be on certain classes.

Or do you play a Sorceror/Sage, Powertech/Vanguard or an Assassin/Shadow?
    I play Assassin, Shadow, Marauder, Sentinel, Mercenary, Commando, Powertech, Juggernaut, Scoundrel and an Operative in PvP, each class will have their own issues with the same situations.

However stuns can be cleansed, stunner can be stunned prior and burned down.. whatever other people can do to you, you can do to them. I also can do very similar damage on each class, again depending on the warzone.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I play Assassin, Shadow, Marauder, Sentinel, Mercenary, Commando, Powertech, Juggernaut, Scoundrel and an Operative in PvP, each class will have their own issues with the same situations.

However stuns can be cleansed, stunner can be stunned prior and burned down.. whatever other people can do to you, you can do to them. I also can do very similar damage on each class, again depending on the warzone.
    I agree, I play most classes in PvP and have fun on all of them. I have no issues with CC and just adapt. SWTOR PvP is awesome, just need more maps (which are coming).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    SWTOR PvP is awesome, just need more maps (which are coming).
    Agree. I'm loving the PVP. Have been doing so for months now.

I'm missing QoL things and other new game systems.

Don't care much for new WZ or FP, it's just more of the same to me; I want new shiny stuff!
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Hmm, had hoped they would have updated while I was gone =/ They have seemed to indicate (in the Live Q&A) that this one might not be out until January so I guess they still have plenty of time to add more things...

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Hmm, had hoped they would have updated while I was gone =/ They have seemed to indicate (in the Live Q&A) that this one might not be out until January so I guess they still have plenty of time to add more things...
    wait, what? I was under the impression that 1.6 was coming tomorrow.
    I should start spending those warzones comms.
    Gratz Arlee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    wait, what? I was under the impression that 1.6 was coming tomorrow.
    I should start spending those warzones comms.
    Gratz Arlee.
    1.6 is still scheduled for Tuesday 11th December.

Oh did they say that >< I still haven't read all the things I missed >< Before I left they were hinting that it might not come out until after the New Year.

Ah found it http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates/1.6-ancient-hypergate

Well.. yay for new warzone then been waiting for that. Had hoped they would add more though. Sorry for the confusion I caused!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    7)...limit the buyout price of Cartel Market items to 350K to go ahead and prevent this stupidity that is playing out.
    I liked all of your suggestions except this.

If you lower the buyout of ALL Cartel items to 350k, then current subscribers will have reduced incentive to buy packs.

Let's face it - a lot of subscribers bought a lot of pack early on trying to get the Tythonian Sabers and the Throne, which they (and I) in turn sold for tons of in-game cash.

I wouldn't be necessarily opposed to capping certain items at 350k, but then again, I would just say that if a subber prices items CLEARLY geared toward f2p players above what they can actually carry, it's their own damn fault for being either stupid or a combination of ignorant and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post

If you lower the buyout of ALL Cartel items to 350k, then current subscribers will have reduced incentive to buy packs.

Let's face it - a lot of subscribers bought a lot of pack early on trying to get the Tythonian Sabers and the Throne, which they (and I) in turn sold for tons of in-game cash.

I wouldn't be necessarily opposed to capping certain items at 350k, but then again, I would just say that if a subber prices items CLEARLY geared toward f2p players above what they can actually carry, it's their own damn fault for being either stupid or a combination of ignorant and stupid.
    I agree that the emperor's chair should not be reduced to 350k cap. That's silly. People would be forced off the GTN and into trade chat.

Things that subscribers CAN'T USE should be capped.

IE: action bars, trade skill slot, hide helm, use artifacts, event gear, section X, ect.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, hopefully some more polish and bug fixes on top of this, off to Section X I go!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post

Oh yeah, I just meant unlocks. Cartel Items should never have restrictions. I don't really want an authority to have communist control over the prices anyways. I did recant and say it would be much better if they lowered the Cartel Coin cost of the unlocks, but I don't think that would jibe with their attempt to make money.

The only problem with placing the burden on the subscriber, and saying it's their fault if they don't want to make credits, is that it leaves a lot of F2P/Preferred players in the cold. Where they would potentially spend money in the future, or on a few things, won't even try because they haven't found anything they can use.

In my case, to be perfectly honest, if I hadn't found the Section X account unlock and Gear Auth for the account for 350k or less I would not have returned to this game at all. Just with those two items I plan on coming back and more than likely giving them money when there is new content that I can't access. I had to look every day for 3 weeks to find that. Most F2P players will not be that patient.

No solution is really elegant enough to fix the sitation, but lowering the prices would be the most ideal for the consumers obviously. Then more people would be naturally inclined to offer the items at lower prices. As it is, most people can do the simple math of how much real money they are translating to minimal credits.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-12-10 at 06:35 PM.

Did anyone hear if they fixed the groupfinder in such a way that it will be easier to find another player in case someone just leaves close to the end of a flashpoint/ operation? I had several experiences and in the end we just did it with a filler companion because though highest priority in chain, we couldn't find another player for 30min +.... . In the same time a player from our guild could have joined after 1 min...

DAAAAAAAAMMMNN just looking at patch notes while DLing and i see that everything for Lifeday is CARTEL purchase. that is so not cool but it is what it is....... kinda makes lifeday for me a lil less festive since not everybody can benefit from the event.

I hope when i get in game i can see SOME things able to be had without purchase. not even subs are getting anything out of this..... i guess taht balances it out between subs and F2Pers but im kinda pissed bout this..... this is starting to look like a wallet warrior type game
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2012-12-11 at 12:49 PM.

Updated to the final patch notes. The Cartel Market, Crew Skills, PvP, Space Combat, and Miscellaneous Bug Fixes sections are complete additions; all other additions are highlighted in green.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    DAAAAAAAAMMMNN just looking at patch notes while DLing and i see that everything for Lifeday is CARTEL purchase. that is so not cool but it is what it is....... kinda makes lifeday for me a lil less festive since not everybody can benefit from the event.

I hope when i get in game i can see SOME things able to be had without purchase. not even subs are getting anything out of this..... i guess taht balances it out between subs and F2Pers but im kinda pissed bout this..... this is starting to look like a wallet warrior type game
    Well HK and I were right about them eschewing holiday spirit for money. What people haven't noticed yet is that the Level 7 starship upgrades are only on the Cartel Market as well. So now this game is literally Pay to Win. The slope isn't just slippery, it's greased with every lubricant on the planet now.

This kinda puts a damper on me defending their model. Do not like.

Edit:

I should also say, most people who tested the new space missions said the level 7 upgrades were required to have a chance to survive in the new missions.

so no nerfs to Smash spec or bubble stun? didnt they say they were going to fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    What people haven't noticed yet is that the Level 7 starship upgrades are only on the Cartel Market as well. So now this game is literally Pay to Win. The slope isn't just slippery, it's greased with every lubricant on the planet now.

This kinda puts a damper on me defending their model. Do not like.

Edit:

I should also say, most people who tested the new space missions said the level 7 upgrades were required to have a chance to survive in the new missions.
    yea i noticed that myself and also you only get 3 pieces per pack of upgraded so for all tier 7 pieces you need bout 1200CCs