Thread: 1.6 Patch Notes

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

1.6 Patch Notes

Originally Posted by SWTOR

Game Update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate - PTS Patch Notes
    12/11/2012

Highlights
    • Ancient Hypergate, a new Warzone, is available for play! Travel to an ancient ruin built around a Gree Hypergate and battle to control the precious lost technology for your faction.
    • New incredibly challenging Weekly [HEROIC] Space Combat missions are available!
    • All new Grade 7 Artifact Quality Starship Upgrades are now available!

Cartel Market

New Items
    • A new collection of rare goods, freshly smuggled in by the Hutt Cartel is now available! The Blockade Runner Cartel Pack can contain Rare bonus items not found in any other Cartel Market Pack! Cost: 360 Cartel Coins.
    • The Grade 7 Starship Defensive Bundle contains defensive upgrades that will protect your ship during the most difficult missions! Cost: 400 Cartel Coins.
    • Purchase the Grade 7 Starship Offensive Bundle to give your ship enhanced firepower! Cost: 550 Cartel Coins.
    • The Grade 7 Starship Tactical Bundle contains powerful upgrades for your personal starship. Cost: 350 Cartel Coins.

Life Day Items
    The following items are available for a limited time only!
    • Purchase the Life Day Robes, an adaptive armor set containing Life Day Vestments, Lower Robe, and Boots, to show your Life Day spirit! Cost: 960 Cartel Coins.
    • The Czerka LD-1 Celebrator, an adaptive speeder, combines the convenience of travel with the joy of the Life Day celebration! Cost: 1800 Cartel Coins.
    • Use the Life Day Tinsel Bomb to spread cheer to anyone it hits with a blast of shiny tinsel. Cost: 300 Cartel Coins.
    • The Life Day Orb is a commemorative orb used to celebrate Life Day. Cost: 60 Cartel Coins.
    • The Life Day Holo-Tree brings the joy of Life Day anywhere in the galaxy! Cost: 600 Cartel Coins.
    • Get the most Life Day cheer with the Life Day Bundle, which includes the Life Day Orb, Life Day Holo-Tree, Life Day Tinsel Bomb, Czerka LD-1 Celebrator, and the Life Day Vestments, Lower Robe, and Boots for the discounted price of 2400 Cartel Coins.

Fireworks
    The following items are available for a limited time only!
    • Celebrate the conquests of the Empire with Imperial Fireworks! Each box contains 10 Fireworks. Cost: 125 Cartel Coins.
    • Celebrate the victories of the Republic with Republic Fireworks! Each box contains 10 Fireworks. Cost: 125 Cartel Coins.
    • Create a dazzling display of colorful sparks with Fountain Fireworks. Each box contains 10 Fountain Fireworks. Cost: 75 Cartel Coins.
    • Complete your Fireworks display with impressive Finale Fireworks and send a series of large, colorful explosions high into the air! Each box contains 10 Finale Fireworks. Cost: 50 Cartel Coins.
    • Celebrate in style with the Fireworks Bundle! This bundle contains all four Fireworks boxes with an additional 2 Fireworks per box at a discounted price! Cost: 300 Cartel Coins.

Bugfixes
    • One-handed blasters and Lightsabers found in Cartel Packs can now be used in both the main hand and off-hand equipment slots.

Crew Skills
    • Players who previously unlearned a Crew Skill no longer lose schematics when learning new schematics from reverse engineering.

Group Finder
    • Added a new Level 50 "Introduction to Group Finder" mission to the Daily Mission Terminal on the Republic and Imperial Fleets. This will be granted when players complete the Advanced Gear mission for their Class.
    • Group Finder categories have been updated with tooltips that provide a recommended gear rating and an outline of the rewards available from the content.
    • Increased Black Hole Commendations awarded by Story Mode Operations in Group Finder from 5 to 10.

Items
    • Elite War Hero Items are now available on the new Elite War Hero vendor. These items can be purchased using Ranked Commendations.
    • War Hero Items can now be purchased with Warzone Commendations.
    • Battlemaster Items are no longer available for purchase.
    • Tionese gear available from the Tionese vendor no longer costs Tionese Crystals, and their commendation costs have been reduced for most items.
    • Ancient Artifact Storage Boxes can now be purchased for 25 Tionese Crystals from all Tionese vendors.
    • Companion gear no longer alters player character stats when modified.
    • A tooltip issue that caused identical items in the inventory to appear to count towards a set bonus (even when not equipped) has been corrected.

Missions and NPCs
    • Added a new Level 50 "Advanced Gear" mission for each Class to the Daily Mission Terminal on the Imperial and Republic Fleets.

PvP
    • The requirements for offense and defense bronze medals have been lowered. Players now receive each medal the first time they receive associated objective points, regardless of the value.
    • New Rated bracers and belts are now available on the War Hero vendor. These items are unmodded items similar to other Rated items. The old bracers and belt are no longer available.
    • Bolster now appears as a positive effect that cannot be removed by the player (instead of as a negative effect).

Space Combat
    • The ammo count for missiles and proton torpedoes now includes the missile or torpedo in the chamber.
    • Imperial Agents, Sith Inquisitors, and Jedi Consulars can now swap Power Conversion Modules by right-clicking them.

UI
    • The tooltips for several currencies will now explain how they can be acquired and what they can be used to purchase. These currencies include: Tionese Commendations, Columi Commendations, Black Hole Commendations, Daily Commendations, and Tionese Crystals.
    • The Flashpoint Commendations category on the Currency Window has been renamed to Endgame Commendations. Daily Commendations will now appear under the Endgame Commendations category.
    • The friends list no longer occasionally shows some friends as always offline.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
    • Players no longer occasionally see other players on their personal starship.

(Source)
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-12-11 at 12:51 PM.

Anyone know if the new missions are free flight or rails?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee
    New incredibly challenging Weekly [HEROIC] Space Combat missions are available!
    Hell yeah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Free flying would definitely be a step in the right direction

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna go out on a limb and say it's the same as always, except it's harder to complete. The rewards system is the only improvement here. They probably made it a little more interesting looking during the missions as well. As someone who was fine with rail shooter, as long as the rewards were upped and integrated, this is looking good for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still no Cathar... FML...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Hey, ya never know! I've noticed they always seem to add to PTS patch notes, since they are never set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I wouldn't count it out just yet. Remember when the 1.5 notes were originally posted there was nothing about the cartel coins in it or the F2P conversion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think that your logical reasoning is going to stop me from blasting Bright Eyes in my room and cutting myself for attention. Life is a dark abyss because I can't play a Cathar Shadow!
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Gonna go out on a limb and say it's the same as always, except it's harder to complete. The rewards system is the only improvement here. They probably made it a little more interesting looking during the missions as well. As someone who was fine with rail shooter, as long as the rewards were upped and integrated, this is looking good for me.
    I'd agree. And I loved Star Fox 64, so the space combat was fun for me (though repetitive, so new missions are a welcome addition!)

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    I'd agree. And I loved Star Fox 64, so the space combat was fun for me (though repetitive, so new missions are a welcome addition!)
    but even star fox 64 had at least 2 "free range" missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I'm going to throw this out there...

New and ACTUAL achievement system!? WTB.

but even star fox 64 had at least 2 "free range" missions.
    Woooow, I totally forgot about those :P Been too long... I'd like free-flight space missions, but I'm not complaining about what we have now (IMO it's comparable to the pet battles in WoW: a little something extra to do with small rewards/bonuses, but I'd rather blow stuff up in a space ship than be Ash - though a PvP component would add better replay value)

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 07:00 PM ----------

Looks like it's already being updated

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Items
    Elite War Hero vendors have been added to the Imperial and Republic fleets, replacing Battlemaster PvP vendors.
    Battlemaster PvP gear is no longer attainable in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    (IMO it's comparable to the pet battles in WoW: a little something extra to do with small rewards/bonuses, but I'd rather blow stuff up in a space ship than be Ash - though a PvP component would add better replay value)
    They are both great side features to a game. Pet battles are actually a great time waster. That's the thing though. WoW finally has all this random shit to do that you can do, but don't have to. SWTOR needs more things like that, but with rewards that are integrated in the game. They could copy a lot of the basic ideas, but tie them in so much better in this game.

Think on these things:
    1)Start with a real achievement system. Make it give you Cartel Coins.

2)Add some minigames/side professions that tie into the achievement system, reward comms for artifact quality loot with a unique appearance.

3)Go ahead and admit that your spaceship should be player housing. Allow people in your party to board your ship. Have a customizable appearance feature tied to space.

4)Have space be co-op at the bare minimum with increased enemies/health and harder objectives. Even space on rails would be 10x more fun with someone else.

5)Integrate every activity together to reward your entire account for whatever you do. Let BH comms buy lowbie epics, allow crafters to learn recipes for these items by REng them.

6)Give class specific dailies from your ship that take more time but reward WAY more BH comms and credits.

7)Loosen the F2P restrictions a little bit, allow purchase of extra character slots, limit the buyout price of Cartel Market items to 350K to go ahead and prevent this stupidity that is playing out.

8) Give us more content ASAP.

9) Hire me, since I can clearly design a better game system than they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kitty... honestly if they did all of that this game would be in an excellent state. Though people would still complain, those are all much needed additions that really would not take that much time.

I read somewhere that extra character slot purchase is coming soon..

I honestly hope they expand space game to at least something like FreeSpace.. That would be friggin sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    I read somewhere that extra character slot purchase is coming soon..

I honestly hope they expand space game to at least something like FreeSpace.. That would be friggin sweet!
    Freespace.

Most like freelancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Kitty... honestly if they did all of that this game would be in an excellent state. Though people would still complain, those are all much needed additions that really would not take that much time.
    I just don't get how they haven't started trying to implement anything like this. They specifically stated they used the beta Hero Engine for the speed at which they could get content out. We haven't seen that utilized...well, ever. The only reason I can think we haven't heard or seen anything like this is because EA has basically told Bioware to stfu and work on cash shop things or they don't have anyone left (like we've discussed before) with the knowledge to make this stuff happen asap.

It makes me sad. I can envision the depths this game could go, and it could really be as good or better than wow, but it won't be.

regarding your comment about EA telling Bioware to put up, you are probably closer to the mark there. Not sure if anyone here watches gamebreakertv but they have several gaming shows and one of them is on the business side of it. This week was about how financing mmos work and the basics of it is that the producer (EA) tells the developer (bioware) that they have this much time and this much money to make their game. If at some point bioware is still not ready with what they have then too bad, the product must be shipped.

This is what pretty much happened, bioware ran out of money and time to make what I imagine they wanted. Right now it just looks like EA is pretty much telling them to make as much money as fast as possible to recoup any losses. If this F2P model stops working (I'm sure it's doing great right now) or doesn't function quite as well as they want, the game will be shut down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    They are both great side features to a game. Pet battles are actually a great time waster. That's the thing though. WoW finally has all this random shit to do that you can do, but don't have to. SWTOR needs more things like that, but with rewards that are integrated in the game. They could copy a lot of the basic ideas, but tie them in so much better in this game.

Think on these things:
    1)Start with a real achievement system. Make it give you Cartel Coins.

2)Add some minigames/side professions that tie into the achievement system, reward comms for artifact quality loot with a unique appearance.

3)Go ahead and admit that your spaceship should be player housing. Allow people in your party to board your ship. Have a customizable appearance feature tied to space.

4)Have space be co-op at the bare minimum with increased enemies/health and harder objectives. Even space on rails would be 10x more fun with someone else.

5)Integrate every activity together to reward your entire account for whatever you do. Let BH comms buy lowbie epics, allow crafters to learn recipes for these items by REng them.

6)Give class specific dailies from your ship that take more time but reward WAY more BH comms and credits.

7)Loosen the F2P restrictions a little bit, allow purchase of extra character slots, limit the buyout price of Cartel Market items to 350K to go ahead and prevent this stupidity that is playing out.

8) Give us more content ASAP.

9) Hire me, since I can clearly design a better game system than they can.
    Nice ideas you got there, most things I hope they can implement in the game. Though I don't think achievements should give you currency, but give you titles, achievement points or vehicles or pets or some on-use item. And about those, implement legacy wide or account wide datacrons, vehicles and pets. I'm looking at you Korrealis commander!!!!

About the F2P model, don't loosen up the restrictions. Rather I would say, complete overhaul of the F2P model. I'm not an expert on the area of F2P, but I'm sure it would serve them better if they have a cash shop selling vanity items, those toy (name of the filter of GTN) items they have currently in the shop, convenience features, armor related items and purchasable content (unlock: Section X). Although it's not purchasable content, but more buying access to the content. And make subscribers have no restrictions, receive cartel coins (like how it is currently) and exclusive access to ranked warzones and hardmode and/or nightmare mode operations. Though I do ask if someone can just show me this noob what model is best. I haven't played LOTR or DCU or DDO or similar games.

There are a number of other things, mostly features I would like to see them to implement:
    - Gief means/ways to Earn cartel coins in-game.
    - Gief more UI-options, gief weakauras for SWTOR!
    - Gief different stances/stand postures to the game, like how they added different moods.
    - Gief moddable waist and wrists for every set there is in the game. For example I like the Sith Inquistor's PvP Dreadmaster look alike gear a lot, but the waist you have to disregard if you power up yourself with better waist. That messes up the entire look.
    - Gief more guild options, cross faction chat, guild instance, calender, perks, weekly guild missions, etc.
    - Gief more diversity between races, now they all run, jump, walk, sit, sigh, kiss, no, etc the same.
    - Gief bigger size warzones, able to use cannons/vehicles to destroy walls/doors/anything!!!! And let me choose when to shoot, not like those silly cannons in FP: Colicoid War Games.
    - Gief a racing mini game with your speeder, solo or grouped with things you can gather/pick up for points and getting a score at the end.
    - And please no pokemon in SWTOR!!!!

Of course I can go on, but they would be more related to the design of various existing in-game systems and the above list would go on and on and on.
    Last edited by mmoc907bd1685c; 2012-11-21 at 03:07 AM.