Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Things I would like to see in WoW

Can you remember other MMO's you have played? Did you remember, that you thought...man, I would love to have this feature in wow?...

Fist of, I like WoW, it has good features, and this thread is not ment as a "I demand this" thread. Just a try, to find a good comination of features, for future mmo's maybe even the future of WoW.

I have played Warhammer, Age of Conan, SWTOR, GW2 and of course WoW. So my ideas come from those games. Feel free to add features of other games, but please explain them, for players who are not familiar with them.

Warhammer:
    The open quests where really nice (kinda like the dynamic quests of GW2, but not that good) Having something that can happen on a spot, where players can work together is great in my opinion.

Colouring of your armor (as gw2)
    Great thing, I am sad it still hasnt made it into wow. I think, that should be a standart optioin. but add weapons and shields.

Guild specific stuff:
    A guild cape, and a guild emblem which is unique on the realm. If one guild had choosen a emblem, it could not be chosen again.

Collision detection.
    It was alot of fun to have it in pvp, although badly implimented its hard (as in Age of Conan, where you could kick players from a cliff, if you positioned your horse right). Also its a hot topic, would not work in every area of wow. But would be interesting in some. Great fun to be a tank and rush to the front lines, to the phalanx and block the incoming dmg and enemies.

A tank useful in pvp
    When you where a tank, you could guard a person, (sharing dmg) or everybody standing in a cone behind you took less dmg.

Age of Conan

Great Grafics. Beautiful characters and a great transmog system. You could change your gear on the run, there was no cost and no need to go to the city. You could hide every gear slot, not just cape and head. You could run around literaly nacked (all but slip). I am no fan of the totally naked thing, but hiding more stuff than cape and head, for no cost and whereever i want would be great.

the you must be 18 to play style.
    More mature theme, finisher and the cutting of of arms and heads was great. It liked it, was more realistic. Also, there were boobs...

Guild Citys / fortresses
    Great way to work together with a guild. Great feature, hoping to see it in wow since I played AoC. Also the PvP Fortresses. Would be nice. Not my thing, but could make world pvp more interesting.

Amulets and Armor:
    They were not just painted on your chest or your legs. They where there. Also amulets could be seen around your neck.

Simpler Weapons.
    I am not a fan of the gigantic weapons., Would like to have realistic weapons. But not need to have only realistic weapons.

SWTOR;

Story
    Great way of telling a story, with having everybody rolling for the answers. Would like to have that. Playing togehter was not as easy as in GW2 but it was nice for the story.

Companions.
    Would also be a nice feature. Maybe in combination of a guild fortress quest where you have to go on patrol with a companion you choose. Also the "let the companions go farm" was nice and interesting.

Guild Wars 2

F2P Model
    Its just great.

Beautiful grafic
    As in AoC. Great places, beatiful armor, weapons and a great character custumization.

Crafting
    Was really nice, build piece by piece. Not perfect, but good.

Guild
    A lot of features, and 4 ways to "skill" your guild.
    Best PvP system I have yet come to see. (my opinioin)

Guildweapons, Guildarmor
    There could be more and different designs. But still, great idea. Same goes for the Armor.

Dynamic Events
    Great. I missed a bit of guidance, would be nice if there would be a rollercoaster questline in every zone, added to the dynamic events, but still very good.

Beeing down leveld.
    If you enter an area you are leveld down on the level of the area. So you enter a level 12 area, with a level 80 character and are downscaled on level 15. great way to help friends, and no need to wait for them to level together with them. Waiting for that since bc in warcraft. one of the best features of GW2.

Buffs, Farming
    They work without a group. Should be normal. No need to create a group. Also you cant steal kills or Ore/herbs. Everybody can loot a mob he attacked, everybody can farm herbs an ore.
    I want to fight for resources against the opposing faction, not my faction.

Active dodge
    I am not a fan of the missing trinity, but I would like to have the way to dodge big attacks, or aoe spells. Also an activ blocksystem (like in skyrim) would be nice.

Seeing something different? Agree? Want to add something? go ahead. Would like to read your thoughts.

pvp balance would be nice

Deleted
    EQ2

The crafting system including crafting levels
    Hands down the best crafting of any mmo i've played

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    EQ2

The crafting system including crafting levels
    Hands down the best crafting of any mmo i've played
    What was it like?

More elaborated stats system. With resistances, weapon/defense/spellcasting/swimming/etc. skills. Downranking. More elaborated item system.

More elaborated system of character progress - Alternate Advancement systems, Runes, etc. More elaborated crafting and questing system.

More RPG oriented combat, away with dances. Less proc-reliant and very long ramp-up rotations, leave those to rogues as it was before. Away with vengeance as it scales in awkward way.

More various currencies, away with lottery system of rewards in PvE.

Put PvP back where it should be, bonus activity, which can never be balanced in RPGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baskrik View Post
    Active dodge
    I am not a fan of the missing trinity, but I would like to have the way to dodge big attacks, or aoe spells. Also an activ blocksystem (like in skyrim) would be nice.
    Active dodge is part of 3D Action/Arcade genre, it has no place in RPG (and Skyrim/GW2 ain't RPGs in my book, especially with all the auto-scaling).

Deleted
    What was it like?
    It was a mini game sort of thing where you'd have various abilities to respond to events during the crafting process

Choosing the right ability and timing it right would result in much better quality gear where as failing to do so would result in lower quality gear

Instead of a crafting skill you had a crafting level similar to your adventure level which you'd raise by crafting anything instead of just specific recipies. I had guildies who were level 70 crafters (The cap at the time i stopped playing) but not above level 10 in adventure level

10+ Year Old Account
    Levels removed & The questing is more adventurous, when you complete a story line you gain certain items you can only aquire from that faction. You can do everything at the beginning, but your like a useless twig when you do it, you would have to be carried, Its almost like Skyrim leveling.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Instead of taking ideas from the mostly failed copycats ... (most of these are boring at best)

Here is a great NEW idea coming from a Non MMO.

Make SOLO content a challenge in WoW ...

How ?

Introduce mobs with Monster Power play (adaptable by the player in 1 - 10 in difficulty).

The bigger the MP number the harder, with anything above MP 5 a HUGE challenge. The bigger the MP number the bigger the possibilities of getting some rare key drops. With these keys you can craft a machine. With that machine you can go kill some solo bosses and then try to craft a bind on pick up excellent legendary item with random stats.

All MP play is related to the drop/crafting chances of that item with random stats...MP1=10%drop of a key, MP2=20%chance etc...

How do you include adaptable Elite Mobs difficulties (MP1-10)? Easy with phasing, only the player decides the Elite mob difficulty...phasing would make it a pure and much needed solo challenge.

For those playing Diablo3 after patch 1.05 ... Yep you know what I am talking about. With ONE patch it made a mediocre game fantastic in adaptable challenge modes. In D3 it takes a dedicated player weeks before getting to a random Legendary item. In WoW it would ensure anyone of playing for months in solo PVE content...

... And it would be a nice added value besides dungeons, raids and pvp...

Why do we need it in WoW ? We need challenge in solo modes in Wow. This adaptable difficulty system set by the players would be an awesome addition: the more challenge the better the chances of needed key drops and a possibility to craft that One perfect Legendary item...

The above already beats anything mentioned in the OP ... And the idea even comes from Blizzard itself...

As I've said it is an addition to the many ways WoW can be played and with the perfected phasing shown in Tillar farming it would be worthwhile as an added solo challenge.

By using the phasing technique it would ensure the fights can still be made in the open world AND NOT be copied by the mentioned copycat MMO's because they don't have seamless phasing.

Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-21 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The bigger the MP number the harder, with anything above MP 5 a HUGE challenge. The bigger the MP number the bigger the possibilities of getting some rare key drops. With these keys you can craft a machine. With that machine you can go kill some solo bosses and then try to craft a bind on pick up excellent legendary item with random stats.
    Would be a cute Idea if Us Druids, Pallys, and DKs couldn't just keep hitting everything on 10. Nice part about being a selfheal tank is "nothing is a challenge" anymore. I've soloed each of the Cata dungeons this week and even a couple in Heroic Mode as a Guardian bear. The concept is cute, but not very functional for the other classes in WoW.

Single player, class/spec training, instances. And award achieves for progressing through those.

the you must be 18 to play style.
    More mature theme, finisher and the cutting of of arms and heads was great. It liked it, was more realistic. Also, there were boobs...
    I like the lower age requirement of WoW. I find that the target demographic tends to be the inverse of the required age: "mature" games are aimed at teens who think sex and blood are awesome and that "grim" themes make a game more grown up, while the games without that age restriction are forced to actually be creative and make a good game. The latter tends to be more appealing once you've aged past 25. Besides, the "realistic" violence is always excessively cinematic rather than actually realistic. Limbs are generally pretty hard to cut off and people only have a rather limited amount of blood in them.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Instead of taking ideas from the mostly failed copycats ... (most of these are boring at best)

Here is a great NEW idea coming from a Non MMO.

Make SOLO content a challenge in WoW ...

While I really like the idea.
    Do you think all the stuff in the op is useless or uninteresting? They are taken from copycats, yes, but just because it was by a game that "failed" it it not a bad feature.
    Just consider Guild Housing.
    Still, a good idea by you.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    I like the lower age requirement of WoW. I find that the target demographic tends to be the inverse of the required age: "mature" games are aimed at teens who think sex and blood are awesome and that "grim" themes make a game more grown up, while the games without that age restriction are forced to actually be creative and make a good game. The latter tends to be more appealing once you've aged past 25. Besides, the "realistic" violence is always excessively cinematic rather than actually realistic. Limbs are generally pretty hard to cut off and people only have a rather limited amount of blood in them.
    When I mentioned mature theme, I meant cursing, swearing, a bad language, rough environment. I dont want sex in a game, the boobs thing was more like a joke. But still, looking at things like game of thrones, spartacus blood and sand and rome I would like to see that way of mature or violent environment.

I am not sure if that is possible, but it would be nice if you could run both. having an option to trigger 18+ and the actual verison, I think it is 12.

Cat and bear form druids should be able to nomz humanoids and beasts they kill to regen health, while in form. Can do it in combat too. And for the pvp taunt. Whatever they nomz turns red with blood spurts coming out of it. Why should forsaken have all the fun?

SWG crafting / harvesting system.

Limbs are generally pretty hard to cut off and people only have a rather limited amount of blood in them.
    Not really, it all depends on weapon quality, blade design and strength of the wielder. A damascus steel tulwar could hew through armour, flesh and bone with one swing, taking off limbs and heads with ease...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Not really, it all depends on weapon quality, blade design and strength of the wielder. A damascus steel tulwar could hew through armour, flesh and bone with one swing, taking off limbs and heads with ease...
    the most beautiful thing i read here...^^

Deleted
    - removal of LFD/LFR/LFG
    - improved crafting system
    - RIFT-like events/invasions
    - hardcore servers
    - Ulduar 2.0

Different sexes for warlock demons and female demon form.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

More lore into the game. It would be so more interesting to level and complete things if it were more fixated on the lore than it is now.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

10+ Year Old Account
    Things I'd like:

-Full body "costumes" that you could buy and transmog over your chestpiece to change your entire armor set to look like the costume (Aion)
    -Armor dyes from you UI that you keep once you learn them and can use anytime you want (GW2)
    -Quests where you didn't have to group, anyone who did damage to the mob they needed could get credit for it (GW2)
    -Option to click someone's portrait to add yourself to their group if they were killing a mob you needed (Rift)
    -Player housing where you could store more items if you don't have inventory/bank space (Aion)

Obviously some of these features were available in more than one game, these are just the games I've played.