Thread: Pet naming

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pet naming

Anyone else wish that pets couldn't be named their NPC name? One of the iconic things about pets is being able to name them. And yet I come across people VERY often that name them after the npc. How boring and unimaginative. Why not just name your character Hunterplayer? We have something COMPLETELY unique to our class and people just don't utilize that opportunity. We all know that your pet is Loque'nahak from Sholazar Basin. Or Arcturis. Or Skoll. Or or or...

/soapbox

If things like that disturbs you this much you need to get out more i think.

Some people believe the animal already has a name and you shouldn't rename it. I'm more likely to /facepalm when people leave their tames as "Cat" "Bear" or what ever it becomes after a fresh tame.

I see no issue with it at all. My OCD doesn't tingle when I see this, so all is well in my view.

Deleted
    You can name your pet whatever you want, and others can do so aswell. It doesn't really matter what they're called anyway in my opinion, it's just a pet that helps you in combat.

Also, if you name them their NPC name, it will be easier for those who have no idea what that pet is from, to look it up themselfs. Just saying.

Name your pets whatever you like, give others the same courtesy

Deleted
    I name my pet with the name of the current /tar {name}, like "burning" for spine back in DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Some people believe the animal already has a name and you shouldn't rename it.
    And that's why my pets all have their original name. They already have a name. How would you like it if people just called you differently every other group you joined?

Well if you tamed the Loch Ness Monster, would you rename it, or leave it known as the iconic name it became famous with?

I used to leave my pet named Rak'shiri before it got changed to look like any other white cat with stripes, now it's named after my hunters first name on Aegwynn, Moodwendah.

Deleted
    I named one off my pets my char name once. I used it BG,s and it was fun see all noobish allies targeting that instead off me after a FD :P

I disagree, I name pets with rare skins after their rare mob because I like to think I tamed Loque, specifically. But the ones with non-rare skins I give a name of their own.

I just wish I had like, 100 more pet slots... :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    Anyone else wish that pets couldn't be named their NPC name? One of the iconic things about pets is being able to name them. And yet I come across people VERY often that name them after the npc. How boring and unimaginative. Why not just name your character Hunterplayer? We have something COMPLETELY unique to our class and people just don't utilize that opportunity. We all know that your pet is Loque'nahak from Sholazar Basin. Or Arcturis. Or Skoll. Or or or...

/soapbox
    People have the right to retain the original names if they wish. If it isn't your pet, it isn't your business.

Wait, does my hyena named Hyena give me a better buff if I name him something else?

No? Oh, okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    some ppl are not original thinkings when coming up with names... ala toon names copied by other ppl... two of my many pets are named after allies and villain Monsters of Godzilla, Quillen named Ceasar, named after King Ceasar, and the golden chimaera named Ghidora... wish they come out with the three headed one though.

I name mine after the NPC... but I play on CN realms, so I'm the only one who knows what the name means...

Deleted
    Depends wther or not you are into RPing !
    Personally though I'm not an RPer but just like to give them the nicknames of friends I play with
    Funny to name your snake after the name of your friends GF aswell ^^

I dont really name my pets but I did name my ghost hydra and ghost ooze as leaving them as 'crocolisk' was just really terribly confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant stand people who name their pet after the rare, be more creative....I use names to match a set of pets such as my spirit beasts: Twilight, Midnight, Moonlight, Sunlight or when I had my lava spiders from FL I used the japanese name for those colors. Now that I think about it, I could also use fruit names for each of those spiders!

Deleted
    Well I can't stand people who make another QQ thread, how boring and unimaginative.

In a more serious note:
    If the NPC already has a name and you like it, why can't you just name your new pet like his old name?
    How do you like it if people don't like your name and give you a new name?