Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    honestly it doesnt matter. most girls dont play wow to try and pickup guys (isnt that strange) so its really indifferent to me. although female voices are always nicer to hear, unless their annoying or really bitchy. overall its best to give them a chance.

my first thought is to get her on skype so that i can track her IP address and stalk her irl.

lol @ people who say "it makes no difference, I don't care/notice either way" and their denial.

Unless you're perfectly 50/50 bisexual, it's going to make a difference to you. And even if you ARE, you probably still have an opinion. Personally, I find listening to females on vent much more appealing to listen to than males.

Do I assume she will be bad? No.
    Do I assume she's going to be entitled and whiny? No.
    Do I assume she's going to get free loot? No.
    Do I assume she's going to be a bitch? No.

I don't assume any of that. But that doesn't mean it doesn't trigger a different reaction in my head, as it does for pretty much every person here (despite them denying it). Even females hearing another female on vent. It's not sexist, it's biological. And it's statistical. You're statistically less likely to hear a female, so there's less expectation to hear it. Men tend to be straight, and thus tend to react differently towards women (especially groups of single gamers).

It's not sexist, it's not offensive, and it's not a bad thing. It's entirely natural to have a first thought. What matters is how you act on that thought, and whether you treat her as an equal raider or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Hi guys!

So here's the scenario. You join a pug for any random raid (or you invite a random dude to cap your conquest, or whatever). You join Vent and.. Find out that one of your pugs is actually female!

Be honest! What would you think? Would it surprise you? Would you feel she'll be bad, is it demoralizing, or is it perhaps a big bonus to enjoy a possible sexy female voice? Will your opinion be different depending on what role she does (dps/tank/heal)? Or maybe you honestly don't give two shits?

Curious to see your replies!
    probably "notice" her more since the majority (atleast in my experience) has been guys. But thats about it

Quote Originally Posted by Chiori View Post
    I made an account just to reply to this.. Usually I just scan through once in a while, but this, I had to reply to. OP, regardless of your gender I find it ****ed up that you find "every female voice annoying." Though I for one do not talk on vent, EVER. My former guild would always persist and try to make me which I found absolutely annoying and embarrassing, and I usually "roll" a male in pugs because of the bull we deal with.
    Though you say you aren't an attention whore and don't speak in vent, you just sound like a really jealous person who wants to hide the fact that half the population of WoW practically is female so you can keep thinking you're the princess. Why would you even write this thread when you, yourself are a female? You are setting us up for more prejudice and criticism that is unjustly served.
    It sucks you've had so many shitty pugs it seems, but to say you are instantly annoyed when hearing a female voice on vent is just scummy of you and rude. But hey, I wish you better experiences in the future. I also recommend as a forwarning (not saying you are) not coming off as a bitch that you slightly are portraying in your second follow up post and you may just get along better with the rest of the female population during your pugs. :/

YOU ARE A WOMAN, OTHER WOMEN ARE NOT YOUR ENEMY. :P
    Hi, thanks for replying, sorry for the misunderstanding too. I'm not hating female voices (if I said that), what I mean is I don't LIKE them (seeing as I'm female myself, I find more joy in a guy's voice). As a result I find it sort of hard to think that anyone would appreciate MY voice, and this is why I usually keep quiet. I don't care personally if there's a female in the chat, but since I don't find their highpitched voices enjoyable, I imagine others must find my own voice annoying as well.

As for your accusation of me wanting to be a princess, seeing as I pretend 99% of the time I'm a guy (going as far as asking guildies to refer to me as a he), I'm afraid you're wrong. :P

I made this topic because today, we made a pug, and we had no choice but to invite the tanks to vent as they had no clue what they were doing on the first boss in MSV. I muted my mic as usual, and my friend whispered me saying he thought it was a huge shame I sit muted in my corner and how this must take the fun away for me. And it does, so I decided to be pro-active and check if "the community", in so far MMO champ is a reflection of that, really thinks as I think they think: females are stupid/bad at this game/prejudiced. I don't like being thought bad of, I can't just 'ignore' that.

I don't think other women are my enemy lol, I'd love to have more ladies in our guild. We actually had a female trial but alas, she was declined. If anything I think pug males are my enemy.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2012-11-21 at 01:14 AM.

While there might be more guys than girls it's far from rare. Our raid/guild have usually consisted of an almost equal girls/guy-ratio, which works fine
    It's a nice thing overall since it can keep the retarded guy-talk a bit down.
    Those that says they lose focus because the girl starts blabbering about unrelated things.. you would be worthless at us, even if we only had the guys. Why bother about talking about related things, when you know it allready
    In pugs it's a bit diffrent if i think it's nice or not. While i enjoy a chatty girl in a pug, it's annoying if it's the kind that goes "i'm a gamergirl, flirt with me no matter how bad you are at it"
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Honestly, as "forever alone"-ish as this comes off, the sound of a girl on vent (etc) calms me. I've lived with girls plenty of times and had a couple live-in girlfriends. I really, really miss having more than just guys around. The whole "she's a girl so I have to hit on her, White Knight™ for her, avoid her" thing doesn't really happen to me much when I get to know a girl in a group. If nothing else, she might take focus off of me by presence alone and that does wonders for my social anxiety.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Nothing'd really change.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think that the other 23 or 8 guys in the pug are going to try and flex their epeen as much as possible

I think it's time to turn down my headset so the wife doesn't think I'm chatting with strange women. Seriously though I've had several women in my guilds from EQ to WoW so I'm not surprised at all to hear one in vent. I imagine most guilds have at least one woman in them, most just don't really care to put it out there that they are female.

Deleted
    No offence to females in general but I find it stupid, so what if there is a female present? Oh wow big deal a female gamer, never seen one of those before. For the record, in a pug you need to expect the worst.

My initial thought is --- YAY!! Another girl!! Then we see how she does and that defines whether or not I continue to be happy. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah..pretty sure my server is mostly ran by females. And by sides one god awful moment with a freind of mine ny female I come across in vent for a raid or anything usually (sometimes scary) is waaaaaaaay more serious about getting the job done then any male I've met..

i fall instantly in love

I'm perfectly fine with it and it doesn't phase me; however, I'm a woman. If anything OP, it annoys the crap out of me when women DON'T talk on Vent/Mumble. Yet they'll state in chat or an application that they're female, but then proceed to be mute the entire time. I'm not one of those super chatty women on vent (those can get annoying), but if something needs to be said then I'll say it. It's better than sitting silent and then wiping due to lack of communication.

I figure, if it's that damn distracting when I speak, then I don't want you in my raid in the first place. Grow up, there are women gamers out there. No need to go all crazy just because a woman speaks it happens all the time.

Honestly, I find it refreshing when women gamers actually speak on vent. It's so rare, and I'll admit it gets lonely sometimes when it's all guys in Mumble speaking. I used to be the mute type through most of Vanilla because I played a rogue and guy players would get seriously angry when a female player obliterated them on the meters. I had that happen a few times and that shut me up for a while. Then I decided "You know what, F it. I'm a woman gamer and I'm a good player. I might as well speak up when I see something is wrong. If they care that much about a woman in their raid and have negative reactions to it then I don't want to play with them anyway."

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kymmico View Post
    My initial thought is --- YAY!! Another girl!! Then we see how she does and that defines whether or not I continue to be happy. :-)
    This too. If they are bad I'm like "Ugh, this is why women gamers are labeled as bad. Prime example right there."
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

I'm sure many of us have been lucky enough to interact with females in real life, so it wouldn't be a big deal. Weird, right?

jesus, this thread

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    nothing at all really

i prefer being with a girl in person than over vent
    Like a sir.

Also I hope that it's not someone who gets into arguments or falls out over stuff easily. That's a question of maturity though, not gender, and nowadays I fall into the group of sighing men and women who check their phone and go for a drink or check on the baby while these young 'uns have a giggle over vent. Let them have their fun I say!
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen so many white knights congregate like this.

I would say 3/4 of the posts are white knights coming to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by ryotte View Post
    "Oh, a girl. The 1%. Do you have a boyfriend? Are you hot?" So original and amusing...:S
    This is normally the point over vent or team spacker that people hear the other 1% of a Scot going STFU!

Yup I cockblock when it comes to killing dragons. This is a raid; crits or gtfo.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght