Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Females in pugs... What do you think when you hear on vent she's a girl?

Hi guys!

So here's the scenario. You join a pug for any random raid (or you invite a random dude to cap your conquest, or whatever). You join Vent and.. Find out that one of your pugs is actually female!

Be honest! What would you think? Would it surprise you? Would you feel she'll be bad, is it demoralizing, or is it perhaps a big bonus to enjoy a possible sexy female voice? Will your opinion be different depending on what role she does (dps/tank/heal)? Or maybe you honestly don't give two shits?

Curious to see your replies!

I think that since I'm married with three kids and she's probably in high school I better just focus on healing the raid and not go to jail.

As for me I'll be totally honest --- whenever I hear someone's female I'm gonna get annoyed. I don't like female voices, and my experiences with most girls is really bad. Sure, there's been exceptions!

To make matters worse, I'm a girl myself, which makes me a hypocrite. As a result of the above however I make sure I shut my traphole when I'm in pugs to not annoy others. Which is also the reason for this topic, to see if it's really "this bad" when it comes to girls and their reputation or if I should proceed with being quiet in my corner!

Deleted
    I think... Nothing special. I've normally had at least 1-2 other females in my raids or in the guild in general so it's nothing unusual. If I hear a new person who's a female as well, I do start mentally scanning what's she like. I'm sort of the "mother hen" of the guild, so of course I have to look after my boys!

Nah, jokes aside. I don't react that differently to a female than I do to a male player, as long as they can pull off the role they're doing decently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care because she is just another human being in a sea of many. If she sucks she goes, if she pulls her weight she stays. But I'm gay so that could explain my indifference.

Deleted
    My guild has a lot of females in it so I'm used to them in pugs too, most of the core players are couples in their late 20s early 30s and the leader is female too.

I think it's nice to hear a different tone of voice. It doesn't surprise me but I like to joke with my roommate, "omg a girl on the Internet"

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    As for me I'll be totally honest --- whenever I hear someone's female I'm gonna get annoyed. I don't like female voices, and my experiences with most girls is really bad. Sure, there's been exceptions!

To make matters worse, I'm a girl myself, which makes me a hypocrite. As a result of the above however I make sure I shut my traphole when I'm in pugs to not annoy others. Which is also the reason for this topic, to see if it's really "this bad" when it comes to girls and their reputation or if I should proceed with being quiet in my corner!
    You don't sound confident at all and not everyone finds females in games annoying. Don't cut yourself out like that

Normally my thought is..."oh it's a girl"

But my favorite all time of these events so far is one raid I joined...and there was a female. She started talking and everyone went silent, and then when she said she would be right back and got off the computer for a second some dude was like "dude that chick has the hottest voice I've ever heard" I couldn't stop laughing

Just because a girl plays a game, doesn't mean she's looking to cyber you for ingame gold, or meet you in real life.

Learn to exist with the opposite sex around.

This is the age of Equality. All are supposed to be treated equal, man or woman, black or white, etc etc. LEARN IT. Quit being a pathetic excuse for a human being assuming someones different for being a different gender.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I don't care because she is just another human being in a sea of many. If she sucks she goes, if she pulls her weight she stays. But I'm gay so that could explain my indifference.
    WoW player#1255: Give her a chance Eagleowl shes doing her best
    WoW player #1254: If she goes I go

Devastating consequences from time to time; I'm just saying

*Giggle*

I don't really care? Girls really aren't that elusive, in game or irl. I walked down the street today, there was a girl. I didn't get all hyped up.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I have been raiding with women since I played Everquest about a decade ago.

My opinion will be more influenced by what she actually says than the fact she is female.

Spent most of my time raiding in a 10'man' group that had 4 to 5 girls, really no different lol
    Unless they're doing something to be particularly annoying, but there's just as many guys who do so as well.

um seriously you need to get out more. u do realise alot of females play wow in my guild doing 25 man raids at least 8 to 10 are female and theres nothing wrong or wierd or abnormal about it. at a guess i,d say 35% of wow players are female.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Spent most of my time raiding in a 10'man' group that had 4 to 5 girls, really no different lol
    Unless they're doing something to be particularly annoying, but there's just as many guys who do so as well.
    Generally my mindset

10+ Year Old Account
    I think: "Based on my previous experience with female's in raids, she'll probably perform very much below average." Not being sexist, this is just based on my experiences. I've only encountered 3 females that could raid well, 2 were Australian and 1 was British.

I couldn't careless that one of the group members was a female. When I raided, about 1/2 of our roster were females. So it isn't like this exactly anything new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The first thing I think is... "Oh God, here come the little boys..."
    This as well. It's as if they've never seen a female before.

Deleted
    When I hear a female I look for the priest in the group. Yup, it's a holy/disc female blood elf.