Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

LFR terrace loot issue (Blood)

Just an FYI to anyone that hasn't done terrace yet and is a blood DK currently the 1H wep is considered "appropriate" loot for your spec. I put in a ticket to see if I can get it swapped out since I just won it after having burned my last coin for the week to win something I can't even use

This also applies to the sword from amber shaper and the axe from elegon.

And any strength one handers in future raid tiers until blizzard change this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a similar problem myself. Ran it three times in a row, using all three of my coins.. only to receive the two-handed axe that is obviously not an upgrade for someone dual-wielding. I doubt there's a fix for that, but I can definitely sympathize with you.

Still using two 463 weapons.

Deleted
    Check the loot list under your spec. 1h weapons were always in the loot pool for blood DK's, since start. Ask Blizzard why but they won't fix anything for you via your ticket. And for Praxis, the system can't detect DW and as frost you can DW as well as 2h dps, so it's your choice to be either of them not the system fault for not giving you that.

And I would suggest you use that 483 2h weapon as it is a dps incress over any DW 463. That is if you want to min-max your DPS output.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
    Have a similar problem myself. Ran it three times in a row, using all three of my coins.. only to receive the two-handed axe that is obviously not an upgrade for someone dual-wielding. I doubt there's a fix for that, but I can definitely sympathize with you.

Still using two 463 weapons.
    If u droped 2h axe from Sha why u don't respec on 2h frost ? 2h frost in this tier is far better on about 1/2 tier bosses

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah for Unholy, I appear to be getting 1handers when it's quite obvious we're not to be using those. I don't think they've defined the priority system down to every detail, it appears it stops at str weapons.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-11-21 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    LFR Loot issue: Did every single LFR Boss + Sha of Fear, ALL GOLD! -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Yeah for Unholy, I appear to be getting 1handers when it's quite obvious we're not to be using those. I don't think they've defined the priority system down to every detail, it appears it stops at str weapons.
    Indeed. Also they should add a duplicate drop list if they want it be even more advanced, I had the plate gloves frop Elegon drop from coin about 3 times now. It's easy to know (I hope) that I don't need them 4 times, but they can let items like 1h weapons drop more then once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Indeed. Also they should add a duplicate drop list if they want it be even more advanced, I had the plate gloves frop Elegon drop from coin about 3 times now. It's easy to know (I hope) that I don't need them 4 times, but they can let items like 1h weapons drop more then once.
    Yeah I got 2 1handers from Elegon and never managed to get Starshatter, so now I've moved onto using my Charms in Terrace for the Sha weapon. Hopefully I don't get the 1hand Sha sword from the boss since both str 2hander and 1handers drop from Sha of Fear -.- Really convenient Blizzard..

Deleted
    I'm 99% sure you simply get loot that your class can use, offspec or mainspec. A protection Paladin guildie got intellect plate gear as well, and our Brewmaster got the 1 handed fist weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I'm 99% sure you simply get loot that your class can use, offspec or mainspec. A protection Paladin guildie got intellect plate gear as well, and our Brewmaster got the 1 handed fist weapon.
    The Protection Paladin should not be able to win Intellect plate, since it also goes by spec. You can see what loot is for your specs by going to the Encounter Journal and looking at the boss's loot, and then choosing your specialization in the drop-down menu. A one-handed fist weapon could be a Brewmaster weapon, though, as long as it has Agility.

Likewise, for some reason it counts one-handers as being appropriate for Blood Death Knights, even though they're pretty much meant to be wielding two-handed weapons (like Unholy). Only Frost has the option of dual wielding or going two-handed and remain viable. However, for some reason, the dual-wield is built into the class itself, so Blood and Unholy can both technically dual wield.

I think they should take out dual wielding for Blood and Unholy and just make Frost have Dual Wield as an option that they get.

Deleted
    Its a known issue, more people have it.

Blood -> should only get 2H.
    Unholy -> should only get 2H.
    Frost -> should get either DW or 2H. (Sorry if you like one of these more; the system isn't that advanced.)

Solution: File an in-game bug report (NOT a ticket; the loot is yours that won't be changed!). Same with prot pala getting intellect gear.

Be sure to state also, if you used a charm (bonus roll) or if it was from normal roll.

Windwalker getting DW weapon is OK as they can use 2H and DW, just like Frost.

My main (not a DK) actually got 2set from Sha for OS while I was there was MS. Also a bug. I believe that one is fixed now though.

Finally, DK-wise, our DK in challenge mode was tanking but the system in the scoreboard showed him as DPS. It said we ran with 4 DPS and 1 healer. He was never DPS in the instance, ever. His DPS was as high as the DPS though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine all they have to do is go into their database and add in a few lines of code to make Unholy and Blood no longer receive 1handers. So next time I get a 1hander I'll be sure to bug report it as you've said lolalola.

had the same issue so i made a ticket for checking this. the response i got was:

Greetings Naroc,

This is working as intended, for bosses on raids, they are supposed to drop something for your class instead of spec-specific!

Thanks for your support, and if you have anymore questions or the problem still occurs, feel free to send in another ticket!

Account & Technical Services Rep Dirrettigere!
    Blizzard Entertainment
    http://eu.battle.net/support/en/

bullshit if you ask me. why do i never see any dps plate then? (might been unlucky with the rollls, someone might argue, but if you chose dungeon journal -> loot -> filter dk+blood, youll see no dps plate, but youll see this sword for some reasone (and another one from MV i belive))

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyleight View Post
    If u droped 2h axe from Sha why u don't respec on 2h frost ? 2h frost in this tier is far better on about 1/2 tier bosses
    This is a stupid response for someone who does otherwise min/max, but I don't like the way 2h feels. Never have. The difference in DPS wouldn't be anywhere near enough to make up for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's because it's too much hassle to add another flag.

I assume that the flags look as follows:

For armor:

Plate Tank
    Plate DPS
    Plate Intellect

For Weapons:

Str DPS
    Agi DPS
    Int DPS
    Healing

Plus a flag that's something around "usable" (which is obviously always set.

So for every plate wearer (who is not a healadin) it's simply

"Usable" + Str DPS + Plate *Spec*

Adding another flag might be quite difficult. Just because it sounds easy for us outside of the actual programming, doesn't mean that it's easy for those actually doing the coding.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    My life story.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Maklor depends on gear. Like if you used DW before chances are your gear will be mastery high and haste low or anyhow lower. So switching to 2h'er you need to do some reforging/regemming to make sure to get the haste higher. I had almost the same problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Wait, you mean it's not supposed to do that? Although then had to laugh when I jumped on the Hunter and got non-tier legs from MSV which then got replaced the next day with the ones from HoF. Yay for loot, but um, could I get an item in a different slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    The Intellect Plate was an actual bug. You shouldn't get healer or tanking gear as dps. Look into a lot of Brewmasters that are really upset about the agility proc trinket off Elegon being DPS only. Brewmaster is also able to DW tank just fine - heck if I ever bother to get mine up lord knows I'm planning on doing so with fist weapons if I can manage.

It would appear that while frost is the DW preferred/supported spec that since all classes of DK can DW they've extended out the loot table to allow 1-handers.

Rather wish I could get tank drops on my Ret-paladin, so embrace the good fortune of a wider loot table!