Deleted

EU Servers offline.

Are the servers offline for weekly maintenance? (till 11) or just off for resets?
    I didn't see a notification on the log-in screen as there usually is. /shurg

Perma-butthurt trolls are welcome to hate on my curiosity.

Deleted
    On the forum it says this:

We will be performing scheduled maintenance beginning on Wednesday 21 November, at 05:00 CET and we expect the service to be available again at approximately 11:00 CET. During this time the game will be unavailable for play. Additionally, the ability to log-in to our web services (including Account Management, the Forums and the Blizzard Store) may be unavailable during this time.
    Why the servers went down 2 hours early I wouldn't know.

dont know as there wasnt any info on the log in page but since they just went down id assume they are down till 11 am

Deleted
    Ah yes.. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967616875

Y BLIZZ, Y U RUIN MY LIEF.

Deleted
    Longer shutdown since new raid open and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Proterra View Post
    Ah yes.. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967616875

Y BLIZZ, Y U RUIN MY LIEF.
    you shoulld know as well as i do that this will never be the case it will be extended unfortunately....

Deleted
    blizzard probably has itself no clue whats going on....

@kazih: you really think after 8 years blizzard need to close all servers for 6 or more hours just to open a gate? roflmao

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

@kazih: you really think after 8 years blizzard need to close all servers for 6 or more hours just to open a gate? roflmao
    with their track record, i would really be surprised if that was the case...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

It's cute that you view something visual in a video game as something physical that simply needs to be opened.

Very refreshing, but for the record, it's not exactly just 'opening' a gate. =)

Edit: Keep in mind aswell, everytime changes that cannot be hotfixed needs to be applied, maintance is required. Just because it's not front-page news on MMO-champ does'nt mean things are'nt happening behind the courtains. (Although this time the curious situration is so that one of the changes IS actualy on the front page. Go read it ;P). There's loads of implementations to make, tests to run and stuff to fix. If a certain quest has been hotfixed but still acts up (Read; Valley of Four Winds) a maintance allows two or three team members to sit down and run some extensive tests to get it working. If those were being performed while anyone were actively doing the quest you'd run hundreds of risks, some of the lesser bad ones would be 'resetting' the character (Stripping back the character in time and progression since X time) and one of the worse you could crash the entire server.

Blizzard usually runs the approach of being overcautious rather than cocky. I'm sure some of my fellow veterans from Vanilla and to an extend TBC will remember shutdowns, rollbacks and emergency maintance due to flawed approaches to correcting bugs and mistakes. Then the same pattern happens everytime. Step 1; Servers go down without warning and unexpectedly. 2: Players overload the log-in authenticator trying to get back online. 3.A: Players realize it's impossible and flood the forums demanding explanations. 3.B: Several monitoring programs makes developers, maintance operators and GM's spit their coffee in shock as all hell breaks loose and they scramble to fix the issue. 4: Hate-speech and "Blizzard sucks" wallpapers the forums both official and unofficial untill they finally get it fixed. 5: 5-8 years later, you still read "Blizzard are'nt careful enough!" on the forums mentioned with hatred and disgust.

- I'd rather they take the extra time and get stuff done right, would'nt you? =)
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2012-11-21 at 02:37 AM.

Deleted
    It was already mentioned hours ago on Twitter that maintenance would begin at 03.00, long before the service post was placed on the forum. Guess someone was sleeping at their keyboard. Twitter precedes the forum anyway.

But it is funny how the service post was edited after the servers had already gone down and most people were already complaining on the forums

Deleted
    How come servers are up now? did they finish 5 hours early?

realms just started up. and what it means when blood legion is at 3/4hc atm.... they will do kill of 4th boss for sure before europeans, but we will see who will spend less time on this when eu guilds will start soon:>

Deleted
    They're up, but I think it's only for an hour or so. Terrace LFR is still unavailable and Galleon is always up on my server at least, after maintenance.

So will we have another maintenance or something?

Deleted
    I think we'll get server restarts or something near 11 ST.

Deleted
    No galleon on my server either, and Terrace unavailable, I sure hope they will do a restart that spawns him and makes it available. =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    No galleon on my server either, and Terrace unavailable, I sure hope they will do a restart that spawns him and makes it available. =/
    Sames, I didn't get up early for nothing! (God, that sounds so sad).