Poll: CRZ Opinion

Thread: What Gives?

What Gives?

Now, first off let me clarify that I love CRZ and personally think it is neat. But today this happened and I am just confused:

So my brother invited me to his realm to go outside and do Pilgrim's Bounty quests. Since he was a PvP realm, I was brought to his realm. As soon as I exited Orgrimmar, I was immediatly greeted by tons of people. So I asked "Woah, why are there so many people here?" To which he responds "Well there are a lot of people on my realm and we have a large Battlegroup, so naturally a ton of people."

So we did out quests and then he had to leave for a raid, so he left the group. Immediatly, I am brought back to my realm and CRZ and there a 3 people running around. 2 of which are an AFK dude and a bear humping him making crude comments.

Now note I am on a medium population server (Steamwheedle Cartel) and we are merged with 2 other servers (The Scryers and another) neither of which are very large.

My only question is, what gives? Why is the large server even MORE populated and why are we still incredibly short of people?

Any response is appreciated.
    BR #1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Different battlegroups have different population.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Well...
    You're not playing on a PvP-server. That's probably partly why.
    You see, it's not intended for non-PvP servers to CRZ-merge with PvP-servers.

Also, it's unclear to me if your zone was actually CRZ. It might be a single-server zone.

Oh it's CRZ, people have things next to them that say they are from a different realm just like BGs.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Different battlegroups have different population.
    Well yeah I mean I understand that, but wouldn't it be nice if they balanced out the High pop servers with low pop?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflhazard View Post
    Well yeah I mean I understand that, but wouldn't it be nice if they balanced out the High pop servers with low pop?

They can't force people from high population realms to go off their server to fill yours up. The only way it works is to have the low population realms fill up each other, so you still can see at least all the people from your own realm.

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    They can't force people from high population realms to go off their server to fill yours up. The only way it works is to have the low population realms fill up each other, so you still can see at least all the people from your own realm.
    I guess that makes sense, but still, we were only left with 2 other lowish pop realms. I still hardly see anyone.

Deleted
    I guess that makes sense, but still, we were only left with 2 other lowish pop realms. I still hardly see anyone.

It was made so you would see people while questing and the World wouldn't seem as empty, so they bring in enough people to make that difference, not to make it look like a high population server. Some people already think it's too much. The reason why you maybe don't see as many people outside Org could be because a significant amount of people brought in from the battlegroups consist mostly of low level questing and not people at the front gate.

Deleted
    Steamwheedle Cartel is an RP server iirc. Out of curiosity, have you recently been crz'd to any non-RP severs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Steamwheedle Cartel is an RP server iirc. Out of curiosity, have you recently been crz'd to any non-RP severs?
    This. Very much this. I'm on Argent Dawn and I've yet to see ANYONE from our Battlegroup in CRZ. Infact, I've yet to see another person. IIRC server specifics are only matched naturally with other servers like it. (I.E PvE - PvE but PvE -/- PvP). I'm fairly certain they matched some of the lower populated RP servers together outside of their battlegroups for that very reason but left the immensely large Argent Dawn server alone. You can still invite across diffrent realm types ofcourse but the 'natural' CRZ should only allow server specifics by default. Only by willingly crossing server type in full intention should it occour. (As in, being invited specifically)

I could be wrong though, but that's what I've experienced so far.
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2012-11-21 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    We've CRZed with The Scryers and one other one I that I think begins with S.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've CRZed with The Scryers and one other one I that I think begins with S.
    Sentinels or Silver Hand? Both are RP servers.

EDIT: Actually, there's quite a few RP servers that start with S. Scarlet Crusade, Sentinels, Shadow Council, Silver Hand, Sisters of Elune, and Steamwheedle Cartel.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2012-11-21 at 03:06 AM.