Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic ToES....3/4?

I like Blood Legion and all but 3/4 already? Also only 2 hours between Tsulong and Lei Shi.

Seems a little disappointing for the final bosses of the tier. I am sure Sha will be very hard with the entire new phase but still seems like another clear in 1 week type of raid. I would be nice to have a Baleroc type gear check boss or something that lasts a few weeks like Heroic Rag.
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-11-21 at 10:06 AM.

Seeing as this is the first raiding Tier I'm not too surprised by their progress. If they down Sha this week then I will be a little disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic rag was killed in a week by paragon just saying, not sure where you got a few weeks from.

Also who exacly cares, its not YOUR kill after all.

Deleted
    Due to the nature of the gating this tier we were unlikely to see any DPS blocks past Mogu'shan, or at the most HoF. The players in these guilds are just too geared now, it is nothing like week one heroic Firelands. It will still take most guilds many months to clear these instances. Besides I personally think quick & close races are much more exciting. If it was dragged out over weeks I would just lose interest.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    I would be nice to have a Baleroc type gear check boss
    You know baleroc was also killed the first week right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    Seeing as this is the first raiding Tier I'm not too surprised by their progress. If they down Sha this week then I will be a little disappointed.
    Being the first tier in an expansion doesn't mean it should be the easiest. T11 was perfectly tuned, just hard enough, and it was the first in Cata.

Really, we shouldn't be expecting anything else. The way the gating's been done, everyone is already geared in current tier gear, so all they have to do is the strat.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Heroic rag was killed in a week by paragon
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/.../rating.tier12

Major Domo on July 8th
    Rag on July 19th

Nice math Sir. or are weeks on EU servers longer then in the US.

Looks like some people think it's too easy and Blizzard wants to keep people raiding during turkey day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    Even if no guild kills Sha of Fear this lockout. I'm already dissapointed. See: Tier 11

Amazing, you're so disappointed in content that people that aren't you have cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    I like Blood Legion and all but 3/4 already? Also only 2 hours between Tsulong and Lei Shi.

Seems a little disappointing for the final bosses of the tier. I am sure Sha will be very hard with the entire new phase but still seems like another clear in 1 week type of raid. I would be nice to have a Baleroc type gear check boss or something that lasts a few weeks like Heroic Rag.
    Oh no, one of the best guilds in the world, who does this for a living and have downed hundreds of bosses on a heroic progression level are about to down the current content the week it was available?? What ever shall we do? I'm sure that means your guild is able to down it this week as well, right?

The nature of raiding has changed. Strategies are easier to come up with, mechanics are overused and abused to the point that any guild can come up with a strategy for dealing with a certain mechanic within a few attempts, and mass resurrection / multiple battle rezzes increases the overall number of attempts per hour. This means guilds are acclimating to fights a lot quicker than in the past, and able to pull a lot more than in the past, which means that any boss that isn't killed in the first week is either bugged to hell or difficult beyond reason (ie, Imperial Vizier pre-nerf).

Ya know, traveling across the country used to also take 6 months... Now we do it in 5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Amazing, you're so disappointed in content that people that aren't you have cleared.
    This. /tenchars

I think the difficulty is plenty if you do not raid 8 hours 5 times during the first week with 10 (or 25) people with skillful play and gear most raidguilds have 1 or 2 players at most of.

the bosses are roughly the same difficulty as the HOF bosses. they already have HOF heroic gear so it's a bit easier.

It's said time and time again:

The hardcore guilds are on a completely different level to the rest of us. Sure, they may clear the place quickly, but that means absolutely nothing for the rest of us. It is no indication of how hard or easy the instance will be (or no accurate indication, at any rate).

It doesn't matter if they're clearing it quickly. Personally, my guild is having a great time working our way through HoF normal (should be 6/6 tomorrow with any luck); it's challenging, yet doable. Heroic modes will be a great wall to wipe on as well. We don't care if the instances are cleared really quickly by the best of the best; that's utterly irrelevant to our own raiding.

Just focus on your own raiding. You may be happier with the tier then. All I know is that T14 has been an utterly fantastic tier so far, one of the best for me.

I hope that sha stays alive for the rest of the week. It just doesn't feel right that those bosses are going down that fast,but still gz to them
    Last edited by Janir; 2012-11-21 at 08:12 AM.

Dont you know if BL did the Elite version of the first boss?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    This, really cant see what the fuzz is all about here.

Theres no reason to try heroic instances if you can clear everything in one night.

I do not understand how can you say that the current tier is easy , just based on the performance of super mega top tier guilds? Of course they will breeze through it , that's their job. A way to truly assess the difficulty is to check the progression of simple guilds. For example: There are 12418 guilds that killed Will on Normal , but only 2909 who killed Shek'zeer on normal , that means that almost 80% of the guilds that killed normal Will did not even finish the second instance on NORMAL. I am not even talking about heroics because the numbers there just speak for themselves. You are welcome to check wowprogress to see what I am talking about.