Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

maybe im slow...

so i had a slow start to pvp this expansion, finally hit 90 a couple days ago and started getting gear. i used to be a fairly knowledgeable and decent player(1800-2k range) so when i stepped into bg's is when it all went sideways. i currently have almost 52% damage reduction from resilience. i look at geared people and they have around 60-65% damage reduction.

im getting hit for 80k+

with full gear i would think take away another 10% of people's damage. now getting hit for 72k. is damage supposed to be this retarted right now or am i slow and missing something?

only thing i can think of is maybe because im cloth. but even if i was a pally im still thinking i would get slammed.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Hit by what exactly? Details sir, details.

The problem is that most dps, is running with 30%+ PvP Power . So you might have 52% resilience, but most dps do 30% extra dmg to players and pets. so your 52% resilience is really much lower.
    Don't play dumb with me, it's a game you are going to lose.

Some classes are doing ridiculous kill you in 3s damage. Some classes are doing shit damage, its really unbalanced right now.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

I don't think you are slow.

I think PvP is out of control right now. Some classes have way too much burst and way too much damage. Some classes have way too good of cooldowns. And, in general, there is wayyyy wayyyy wayyyyy too much no-skill CC right now (instant cast 6-8 second CC that you can't do anything about but trinket every 2 minutes).

First of all, the difference between 52% and 62% damage reduction isnt 10%. Your taking 48% damage to taking 38% damage, which is a 20.8% reduction in damage received comparably.

Second of all, there is many things in the game which hit alot harder than that on full gear, just depends on what hit you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, I got hit by a 100k, unbuffed Frost Bomb by a mage in arenas. Totally balanced (I have 60% resil)

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Don't worry, I got hit by a 100k, unbuffed Frost Bomb by a mage in arenas. Totally balanced (I have 60% resil)
    No you didn't, stop exaggerating, thanks.

The problem is that you're a disc priest. Hopefully 5.1 will reduce some of the dmg/uptime people get on you and increase your survivability.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    retarted
    You must be slow because the correct word you were looking for was retarded.

Deleted
    Most classes have shit sustained damage and then use their iwin macros and 2 shot you. PVP, bro. LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    No you didn't, stop exaggerating, thanks.
    i got hit for 167 crit FRost bomb on my rogue on 5.9k resil

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    i got hit for 167 crit FRost bomb on my rogue on 5.9k resil
    Yeah, IW and Double trinkets, he said no CDs.

mop pvp sucks so far... Centered about CD usage combined with instant meh cc.
    Melee has to much mobility, ranged has to much disable, far to much cc ingame. BUT i guess thats what u get for remodelling talent system yet again.
    And only 1 month's PTR testing. 5.1 wont change gameplay 1 bit. Mage changes is laughable, whole playstyle of mage atm is just RoF on cd, frost bomb - deep - trigger frostbomb = profit. 6 sec duration on frost bomb, or 4 sec deep freeze wont change sheit.
    Warrs is pretty damn dull atm aswell.
    Reroll WW monk, its fun ! I have no regrets rerolling and leveling a monk @ release. Now ive lvl'ed my war, and gotta say pvp is boring as sheit.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    Yeah, IW and Double trinkets, he said no CDs.
    wait...Your CDs almost DOUBLE the damage of Frost Bomb? Da fuq? That's a 67% difference, from a frequent proc, and a pair of short CDs?

There's...a myriad of problems in pvp right now. One major problem is just balance. Go play Warrior, Spriest, Mage, Hunter. Then go play Ele sham, Disc priest, Monk. I'd say the difference was night and day - but this just wouldn't do it justice. I'm between Challenger and Rival(I've hit those two titles in the past) player. I'm a pretty good PVPer, not amazing, but pretty good. I've been 2k+ Ele sham in 2s, 3s, and 5s in multiple seasons. I feel I have a pretty good grasp on it..That being said, My full out pop all CDs burst someone as hard as I possibly can(assuming RNG lines up perfectly) is spamming 1.1 second casts for ~40k, with 40k procs on them ~15% of the time(on full resil targets). Now, I'm at 62% resilience - not fully epicced or anything, but fairly geared.

A Spriest has an instant cast that has practically no setup that can hit me for over 150k dot included. Warrior can hit 2-3 stacks of TFB pretty reasonably, and that hits for upwards of 100k+. Frost bombs for well over 120k. Hunters have ridiculous damage too. These people are hitting for 40-60% of Health pools in single attacks. Sure, they have setup, Sure they have cooldowns, Yeah they can be countered in 3s(and only in 3s, and even then not every team can counter them), but overall damage is just WAY too high.

That's not to say nothing of how uncontrollable these classes are. I Go big and red, I can be CCed by anything. Mages are the easiest to counter of these classes, and I think most people would agree that they're pretty much unstoppable. Priest has 3+ seconds of being unattackable by ranged, and a Vanish(very limited, time-wise). Hunters can now do damage even if they're directly on top of you, making them essentially a ranged melee class. Warriors (can) have 2 charges, a Heroic leap, ranged silence, immunity to Roots, etc.

The thought on PVP power needs to be re thought. If kept at it's current numbers, Resilience needs to be roughly twice as strong as it is now. This is only really bad in 2v2, bgs, and 1v1. In 3v3 this is much more balanced - although it's still wonky as hell.

I hate the current state of PVP. I don't think it's ever been as bad as it is now, and blizzard is still taking months to react. The only thing we've really gotten is a fix that shouldn't have made it passed Alpha anyways. All of these problems are things the blizz team knew about before beta was even over. Not a huge surprise, pvp isn't something they care about balancing, they just want to leave it as a 'side game' like pokemon battles(which even THIS has gotten more love than pvp has, honestly. Seriously, there's been 4 balance hot fixes for this that effected a lot of your pets. - And next patch is adding HUGE amounts of content to it.)

Becoming a bit ranty now..but Pvp is busted right now. I'm hopeing blizzard actually bothers to fix it, because it's quite frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    wait...Your CDs almost DOUBLE the damage of Frost Bomb? Da fuq? That's a 67% difference, from a frequent proc, and a pair of short CDs?
    Yes, when the two trinkets give a drastic SP increase and the ability gives a 30 PERCENT increase, it gets pretty stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    I don't think you are slow.

I think PvP is out of control right now. Some classes have way too much burst and way too much damage. Some classes have way too good of cooldowns. And, in general, there is wayyyy wayyyy wayyyyy too much no-skill CC right now (instant cast 6-8 second CC that you can't do anything about but trinket every 2 minutes).
    Yeah it is the first season of the expansion and the gap in dmg from a geared person and fresh max lvl toon is as bad or worse then it normally is in the final season. Something is going to have to be done soon or in a season or two ppl will 1 shot fresh 90s.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'm rocking 63% resi and i get rocked quite a bit by burst.

Yeah some abilities do shitloads of damage. Gear helps a lot though. When I started @90 as Rdruid without gear (heroic blues) i suffered some instant 200+k (dragon roar from warrior, shatter combos, DK's execute thing, etc.), now it rarely goes over 100k per hit. Today though with 60% resilience I took a 180k ravage by a feral (he popped incarnation, TF for +15%, NV for +20% and trinket so yeah)

It's true that damage is very high, but controls are quite heavy as well this expansion. As Rdruid I used to just "tank" melees and sometimes 2 melees at the same time in 3s. Now I have to pop everything (cyclone, tauren stun, bash, typhoon) to survive.

TL;DR : You negate damage not by resilience/armor/whatever, but by CCing oponents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.