Poll: Do you play with sound or no sound?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    With sound, find meself losing concentration without it.

I have my music playing but the sound effects on in game

Deleted
    No sound for years

as a tank all i hear is "clonk! cling!1 argh!!" cant stand that sound..

10+ Year Old Account
    I play with game sound on but it's usually lowered on "master volume" to around 10%. I use both spell sounds and DBM as cues along with what I'm seeing visually. Say I'm about to blow a big healing raid cooldown but I hear one of the druids pop tranquility, I use that as a cue and might be able to save my own cooldown for another time.

However, I hate it when guildies I'm in vent with during raids claim they can't hear someone talking in vent over combat noises. This is particularly a problem for me when I need to talk because I have a soft voice and even with my vent output turned up to 10 and practically eating my microphone I have people complaining that they can't hear me and need to turn me up. Seriously, just turn your game sound down enough so that you can hear vent over it. >.>
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2012-11-21 at 02:31 PM.

I only want the DBM warnings - i dont care about the rest.

Depends on the life cycle of the expansion.

If the expansion is new, I'll have sound and music on, full blast. LOVE the WoW soundtrack, it's brilliant.

After a month or two of this, I'll turn music off but leave sounds on. Audio cues are important in raids; you can miss stuff without them. I'll never turn sound off entirely, though it will be fairly quiet in raids. Still got to hear the raid leader, after all.

Just doesn't 'sound' right without sound. You know how you can 'hear' silence, sort of? It gets pretty suffocating. I usually have to have some sort of noise going on, no matter what I'm doing (with the exception of sleeping, of course! :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Sharped View Post
    Iam curious, do you play with sound ON or OFF ingame?

Personally i have not been playing Wow with any sounds since Vanilla, when MC, Naxx came i couldnt hear trough the cluttering of 40 people trying to lead the raid themselves, so I had to turn off the sounds in order to filter out whos actually was leading.

This has continued since that time.

Q: Why do you play with or without sound?
    i watch tv while i play wow so most of the time unless im raiding or someones talking/cutscene/whatever i keep sound off
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Sound is never on here. I dislike it too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arth View Post
    Depends, If I'm playing with friends and we needed to communicate, I turn sound off, otherwise on.
    Same here, unless i put some music

I am deaf, so I play everything without sound If I could hear, I would gladly play with the sound on. I would love to know what my character sounds like when he laughs. I'd love to know what laughter sounds like at all

I play with sound at all times. Usually, game music is off and I have my own going, but when I raid I have the sound very low. Enough to register what's going on through sound but not loud enough to drown out my guildies or my own raid leading. Sound is actually quite helpful as an RL, in my opinion.

I play with sound, I'm quicker to react to the DBM audible cues than the visual ones if a lot is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    I am deaf, so I play everything without sound If I could hear, I would gladly play with the sound on. I would love to know what my character sounds like when he laughs. I'd love to know what laughter sounds like at all
    It sounds like happiness, the same way a smile looks like happiness. :-)

I never have the sound on in WoW, I find it very disturbing... Besides, I often sit on Skype as well.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard2202 View Post
    I play with sound at all times. Usually, game music is off and I have my own going, but when I raid I have the sound very low. Enough to register what's going on through sound but not loud enough to drown out my guildies or my own raid leading. Sound is actually quite helpful as an RL, in my opinion.
    In what way if I may ask? I haven't raided activly in about 2 years, but I just remember chaotic sounds of 25 people spamming their abilities.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    No reason not to. It will only improve your performance...
    Speak for yourself...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sound can be nice. Believe it or not the bosses frequently do vocal emotes when the use special abilities, and they can occasionally be more accurate then a Boss Mod.

That being said my ears get tired so my sound is similar so someone else's in this thread. Start of xpac, sound and music on. Then just music, and now nothing.

Although I will turn on sound when I am fishing because it is soooo much easier to fish by sound so you can watch TV and don't have to stare at the screen. And they made other player's bobber splashes make less noise in Mists as well so fishing by sound is even better now.

The day I play WOW with no sound is the day WOW turns into nothing more than a game of toilet tetris that I'm doing to pass the time rather than savor it as a consuming experience. I shudder at the idea of playing this game while watching TV at the same time. Ew.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Use to play with the sound on, back in 2005. Turned it off couple months into playing the game so I could listen to music, still to this day I do not play with the sound on.

Havent played wow with sound on in years

i have the sound off so i can listen to the tv or music on the internet while i play

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Due to my style of play, my personality, and the way my mind works in general, i personally cannot play to a high level without the sounds on. The audio cues of spell procs and boss quotes makes the sound in game essential for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    I never have the sound on in WoW, I find it very disturbing... Besides, I often sit on Skype as well.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 04:13 PM ----------

In what way if I may ask? I haven't raided activly in about 2 years, but I just remember chaotic sounds of 25 people spamming their abilities.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 04:15 PM ----------

Speak for yourself...
    The ways that I mentioned are how it will improve your game play.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2012-11-21 at 04:01 PM.

I play Pandora radio when I play WoW. I usually have the sound effects just high enough so I can hear myself attacking, but the main volume in-game is usually at 30%.

Deleted
    Turned it off a few months after I started back in TBC, and it has been permanently off after that. Can't stand all those obnoxious sounds, I'd rather listen to music.