Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    There's a bunch of games I don't have so I am thinking of picking up a couple cheap ones that have been out for a while.

Right now I am looking at buying Terraria, Limbo, and possibly Chivalry, Torchlight 2, or Counterstrike.

Can anybody confirm if any of those games are worth getting or if there are any other good ones I am missing (feel free to name any game I have literally only bought like 3-6 games over the last few years which include Skryim, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, and WoW expansions)

I'm honestly looking for a good competitive shooter I haven't played one in a really long time.
    TL2 is a definite recommendation. I bought two copies at full price for my husband and I and have absolutely no regrets. Can't say anything about the rest though.

Anybody have an opinion on Darksiders 2? I really wish there was a demo so I could see what it is like before buying
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    There's a bunch of games I don't have so I am thinking of picking up a couple cheap ones that have been out for a while.

Right now I am looking at buying Terraria, Limbo, and possibly Chivalry, Torchlight 2, or Counterstrike.

Can anybody confirm if any of those games are worth getting or if there are any other good ones I am missing (feel free to name any game I have literally only bought like 3-6 games over the last few years which include Skryim, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, and WoW expansions)

I'm honestly looking for a good competitive shooter I haven't played one in a really long time.
    TL2 is definitely worth a play through (a single playthrough with a friend took me around 35-40 hours and there is a lot of "endgame" bonus levels, farming content, and replayability with a lot of different classes/specs), especially if you have a friend to play it with. It was a bargain at full price for the quality and content, so it's definitely a good buy when on sale.

Deleted

I say Terraria is good but they creators stopped making content for the game so it got a ending now.
    Also if you want a solid FPS you can try Planetside 2 it was released yesterday its a mmo fps to and there is constant battles everywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    TL2 is definitely worth a play through (a single playthrough with a friend took me around 35-40 hours and there is a lot of "endgame" bonus levels, farming content, and replayability with a lot of different classes/specs), especially if you have a friend to play it with. It was a bargain at full price for the quality and content, so it's definitely a good buy when on sale.
    What do you define as a 'single playthrough'?

Me and my friend finished it in about 9 hours I think, and we weren't exactly rushing (nor did we do every sidequest probably, but we took our time).

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    I say Terraria is good but they creators stopped making content for the game so it got a ending now.
    Also if you want a solid FPS you can try Planetside 2 it was released yesterday its a mmo fps to and there is constant battles everywhere.
    Oh dang I just looked at planetside 2 and it's free to play so that's definitely a safe bet to try out (I know most likely there are micro transactions).

Torch Light 2 looks like a definite buy with all of the compliments (and really positive metacritic scores), and Terraria seems safe being on sale for dirt cheap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    What do you define as a 'single playthrough'?

Me and my friend finished it in about 9 hours I think, and we weren't exactly rushing (nor did we do every sidequest probably, but we took our time).
    That was me and a friend going from start to finish on the hardest difficulty with a single character, doing all the side quests.

Terraria is like a 2d Minecraft, it's a lot of fun if you play a multiplayer server with someone. As someone else said, however, the creator stopped updating the game so what you see is what you get.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korsic View Post
    Terraria is like a 2d Minecraft.
    No. Terraria is an old school 2d action adventuer with construction elements like minecraft. I thought the same thing going in and I was pleasantly surprised. There are boss battles, secrets, gear and weapons to upgrade...the combat is a focus in this game, not a side feature. The action and adventure have a greatly different feel than Minecraft, but just as good.

Also, I'm liking the Darksiders II price as well...it seems like a more thought out God of War, though I did enjoy wasting time just smashing my way through those games.

TL2 is a must buy as well if you enjoy that genre or want to try the genre out.

Darksiders 2 for such price is a steal, really great adventure game.

As for DLCs, most of them are just weapons or armor sets from preorders that you will replace by level 10, or short optional dungeons, you wont miss anything by not buying them.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-11-21 at 07:26 PM.

And now it begins for real, the server is down messages How you know the Steam is really having a sale - you can't reach their website with any sort of consistancy

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 01:19 PM ----------

These sales are so dangerous, looking at my list of games I have bought on Steam I have:

30 games (not really that many, I know)

of which:

8 I have not played yet
    5 I played and did not like. Fully regret purchasing them
    9 I played and loved
    8 I played and enjoyed but only a bit. No regrets, but if I could do it over may and may not have bought them

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    Make sure not to miss out on some awesome indie games for up to 75% off.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/autumn2012_indie/

Why are you doing this to me?!! Cruel, cruel thread torturing me like this. :,(
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh damn!
    Awesomenauts Skins are also 50% off.

Disco Voltar here I come!

Deleted
    please. If you like RPG's do yourself a favor, pick up Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, they are both only 2.5€ and some very great games

I'm going to wait and see if Torchlight 2 goes down to 10 Euro during Christmas. Yes, you may call me a cheap bastard :P
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by kreserb View Post
    please. If you like RPG's do yourself a favor, pick up Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, they are both only 2.5€ and some very great games
    I picked up both a while back but sadly number 2 (my favorite) doesn't work and I've yet to fine out how to fix it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

There seems to be some hidden sales as well. Just noticed from my wishlist that Game of Thrones the Role Playing Game is 50% off as well, and the 2 game bundle is 75% off.

And of course that means that getting both games is cheaper than just the 1 game.
    Last edited by Arcilux; 2012-11-21 at 08:41 PM.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear sweet temptation, Magic 2013 Duels of the Planeswalker is 50% off. The game, expansion, and deck pack all for under $10 total. I can't afford it, but it's hard to resist.

Deleted
    Righty then, I'll play the waiting game and see if Dawnguard goes any lower. S:0

If you don't already have it, Limbo is an excellent game that is definitely worth $2.50.