Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question When to stop stacking Crit?

At what % I should stop stacking crit and to what should I move?

Quote Originally Posted by tunaktunak View Post
    at what % i should stop stacking crit and to what should i move?
    when hell freezes over!

Deleted
    I doubt you will get to a point anytime soon where you'll want to stop stacking crit to be honest.

Deleted
    At 100% Enrage uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    At 100% Enrage uptime.
    And can that be translated into crit percentage?

it's kinda hard to pass 12k crit rating even with bis ( two sha touched two handed axes) you stop in about 12k crit.

You should never stop stacking crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    around 30-35% crit rate for fury.
    Last edited by Requiel; 2012-11-21 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    Fury or arms? it seems for arms atleast around 20-21% sheets are going for str gems. Same goes for ask mr. robot

atm i have 13000 crit rating or 26.66%, 31,66% with crit buff.
    my goal is to get 45% passive or 50% with crit buff, so that i crit everytime with bloodthirst, i dont know if its the best way, but i would love to see that happen.

but i guess 100% uptime is pretty much enought crit for fury warriors. should happen at something like 35% passive crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but you would not want for 45 - 50 percent. Especially if diminishing returns come into play. Even moreso, regardless of the gear even in the final tier, thats an unrealistic goal.

100 percent enrage uptime is the goal but it is more then just Bloodthirst.
    You have to also include Colossus Smash, as well as smart use of Berserker Rage.
    30-35% as said by Requiel is a good goal imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tunaktunak View Post
    And can that be translated into crit percentage?
    bloodthirst has double critchance. thus 50% critchance = guaranteed 100% enrage uptime.

good luck with that, btw.

(realistically speaking, you don't need 50% crit for 100% uptime of enrage, especially because of berserker rage and recklessness, and due to Diminishing returns. but mathematically spoken, 50% critchance is the only guarantee that you will, no matter what, have 100% enrage uptime, if you use BT on CD - which you should. mathematically it would be possible, that you have both BR and Reck on CD. and with a 49% critchance, CS fails to crit and BT has still a 2% chance to also fail. and thus not enraging you. so, said guarantee is only achieved if you have hit and exp. caps + 50% crit raidbuffed.)
    Last edited by xebtria; 2012-11-21 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more crit we get, the more favorable mastery becomes as a secondary stat. There's probably going to be a junction where the enrage uptime is sufficient enough that the extra damage within enrage from mastery would override the extra percentage uptime of enrage itself.

I would stack crit to around 150% personally.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    bloodthirst has double critchance. thus 50% critchance = guaranteed 100% enrage uptime.
    Don't bosses have an inherent crit suppression? Or did that get removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Niwi View Post
    atm i have 13000 crit rating or 26.66%, 31,66% with crit buff.
    my goal is to get 45% passive or 50% with crit buff, so that i crit everytime with bloodthirst, i dont know if its the best way, but i would love to see that happen.

but i guess 100% uptime is pretty much enought crit for fury warriors. should happen at something like 35% passive crit.
    can you post the armory of your toon or just the name and the server, i wann take a look on this and make some simulations

Bosses have 4.5% crit suppression (1.5% per level above the character). So you need 54.5% character sheet crit to ensure 100% crit on bloodthirst in raids.

Aside from the fact that your math is wrong (the crit suppression suppresses the crit chance of each individual attack, not your character sheet value), crit suppression is 1% per level not 1.5% so it would take 51.5% crit for Bloodthirst to have a 100% chance to crit.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

You're right that its 1% per level, I was confusing it with the avoidance gain with level difference. But the crit suppression does apply before you get the double crit rate bonus on Bloodthirst:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=186#3703

So you'd need 53% crit to ensure that Bloodthirst crits on bosses.
    Last edited by Angriff; 2012-11-21 at 07:11 PM.

Fair enough, thanks for the source as well.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer