10+ Year Old Account

Stupid question about resolution

Ok, this may sound stupid but I just wondered today. Here are my specs before the question.

Samsung 23.6" 1920x1080 lcd monitor
    Gigabyte 7950 3gb gpu
    i5-3570k cpu
    I am using a DVI cable to connect my gpu and monitor

Will Skyrim or any other game capable of running 1080p run in 1080p by default? I just got curious tonight about it. I have all settings in Skyrim turned all the way up and the hi res texture package. So yeah just curious how games determine if thye run 1080p or not. I also have not had a set up like this long so yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    well it depends, most of the LCD's are non-interlaced so yeah. dunno about the default resolution but you can surely set it to 1920x1080 (remember that 1080p and 1080i are only video modes, not computer resolutions)

When you launch skyrim you first get the Launcher, if you check under config you will see the resolution the game is running on. Most monitors thats 1080p get a warning on the screen saying that the preferred resolution is 1920x1080, if you get this then you know for sure that you are not running in 1080p

Deleted
    Your spec won't launch Skyrim.

It will blast it to pieces. And then launch the bits. :P

Idk about the 1080p but that is a nice rig.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    ah crap me, i thought this was about a resolution and not about his rig being powerful enough to rolla stupid game

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said it was most likely a stupid question. But yeah. I waited many years and literally had to break my back to get this comp.

@coolkingler1 thanks. Before I moved to Ohio where I have to have satellite internet and could play online games I went from a laptop lucky to get 10 fps in Diablo 3 to 200+ without vsync on. So it was a huge leap for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.