Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best way to make some credits with the Cartel Market?

Hi guys, as title says:

I have 20,000 points right now and was wondering what would be the "best" way to make some cash through that?

Thanks in advance ^^
    -K

I suppose you could try selling legacy stuff like race unlocks and such, maybe some lazy people will buy them. Unlocks aimed at F2P/preffered players are probably not worth it, because those can spend at most 100/350k on a single item. Cartel packs might be another option, if you are lucky.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azhreia View Post
    Unlocks aimed at F2P/preffered players are probably not worth it, because those can spend at most 100/350k on a single item.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong.

This is the market you have to target or else you won't sell much of anything. These are the only people that are going to really need these things. As a subscriber looking to go down to preferred, I'm not going to spend a single credit about 350K for any item. As this is the limit that preferred players can ever have, pricing it out of that market takes away 90% of your potential customers.

This just means that you need to take the most expensive unlocks and start with the idea that they should sell for 350K, then work your way down. You will probably find that the market will become more aggressive and drop as time goes on because less people will need the items and more sellers will have them.

Edit:

Many people are also making the mistake to price legacy unlocks higher than the actual legacy purchase. This is asinine. If it is account wide, then do some math and give a 'bulk' purchase discount or else it won't sell. Putting up a bag slot for your account for 1 Million isn't really going to do so hot, since it's only 100k per character. 400k is probably a better stab at what that is worth to someone.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-11-21 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhreia View Post
    I suppose you could try selling legacy stuff like race unlocks and such, maybe some lazy people will buy them. Unlocks aimed at F2P/preffered players are probably not worth it, because those can spend at most 100/350k on a single item. Cartel packs might be another option, if you are lucky.
    Cartel packs are a waste 95% of the time. The items that drop from them are selling for 500 credits on the GTN. You are much better off selling cheap CC unlocks like action bars for 350k. It will always sell. It will always make money.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Question: Does my in-game money mean anything for the F2P options? I had lke 100.000.000 credits in game before I quit (yea slicing was that stupid if you got into the game from the start).

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Question: Does my in-game money mean anything for the F2P options? I had lke 100.000.000 credits in game before I quit (yea slicing was that stupid if you got into the game from the start).
    You can use your credits to buy unlocks from other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Yeah if you subscribe for one month right now, you can get some free coins, literally buy every unlock possible with your wad of credits and then play the game for free as preferred for as long as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yeah if you subscribe for one month right now, you can get some free coins, literally buy every unlock possible with your wad of credits and then play the game for free as preferred for as long as you want.
    This. Resub now. Deck out your account so you can come back whenever you want without restrictions and no subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    This. Resub now. Deck out your account so you can come back whenever you want without restrictions and no subscription.
    I mean he could literally stock up on raiding and pvp unlocks to keep his game free for the forseeable future with 100 Million. I'm so envious. Also worth noting that when your subscription is over and you let it go to preferred status, you can only use 350K credits. The rest are unavailable (but still there) until you subscribe. I suggest burning 99,650,000 on every unlock you see in sight. They can be gifted to your friends, sold back no the GTN, or kept in your bank to keep your game free for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Cartel packs are a waste 95% of the time. The items that drop from them are selling for 500 credits on the GTN. You are much better off selling cheap CC unlocks like action bars for 350k. It will always sell. It will always make money.
    Completely agree with this, I spent over 100+ bucks on cartel packs before realizing how shitty the chance to get something good out of them is. Made about 600k off them when I coulda had several million from unlocks.

I see thank you guys for the answer. I enjoyed the game but was left with a bad taste from 3 months of being on a dead server with no transfers. When the transfers came - i logged on moved my 2 50s and just never went back. But we'll see with this change, I hated leaving all those credits behind! lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply guys, will get on tomorrow from work and start with some more serious TOR sesh, ain't played it for like 2 weeks.
    -K

Holy cow.. how do you even have 20,000 points?

I would say sell stuff like action bar unlock is probably your best bet (assuming you can sell them)

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Completely agree with this, I spent over 100+ bucks on cartel packs before realizing how shitty the chance to get something good out of them is. Made about 600k off them when I coulda had several million from unlocks.
    I sold several of the new weapon skins yesterday and made 4,5mio.. not sure if trolling when you didn't get a single weapon like the lightsaber after spending 100 bucks on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I sold several of the new weapon skins yesterday and made 4,5mio.. not sure if trolling when you didn't get a single weapon like the lightsaber after spending 100 bucks on it.
    The pink-purple crystals sold well as well. I sold the endurance ones for 125k each. I sold the crit crystals for 300k-500k, and the power ones go for 900k-1.2mil each. I made 16 mil in just a short time with about 14,000 coins.

I dont see any decent way to turn coins into ingame credits, honestly.
    why would buy f2p players buy unlocks for ingame credits? credits is the the thing they do not have, their credits are even extremely limited. no one buys unlocks on my servers, they are even ridicoulusly low in the GTN.

and subbed players already have all the unlocks, the only thing they could care about are cartel pack rare. and I can only advice everyone DO NOT GO DOWN that road. I spend ober 100 bucks on cartel packs and feel like a huge idiot. the only decent thing I got was a white crystal and I am stil trying to sell it. all in all I got 2 million for my over 100 bucks. If you think thats worth it, go for it, for me it was a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    why would buy f2p players buy unlocks for ingame credits? credits is the the thing they do not have, their credits are even extremely limited. no one buys unlocks on my servers, they are even ridicoulusly low in the GTN.

and subbed players already have all the unlocks, the only thing they could care about are cartel pack rare. and I can only advice everyone DO NOT GO DOWN that road. I spend ober 100 bucks on cartel packs and feel like a huge idiot. the only decent thing I got was a white crystal and I am stil trying to sell it. all in all I got 2 million for my over 100 bucks. If you think thats worth it, go for it, for me it was a huge mistake.
    I am subbed and I have bought all the unlocks from gtn.

white crystals are sold for 3million + on my server

the only way to explain your problem would be to assume that you had a vastly higher amount of people spending similar amounts on it and "fed" the market before you joined their ranks.

I don't regret spending much more than 100 bucks, it's a hobby and if it qualifies for more fun and won't happen frequently but now at the beginning... I think it's worth it, no matter the "reward".

Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    I am subbed and I have bought all the unlocks from gtn.
    which ones? legacy stuff and cargo buys and the like? If they are offered at lowered prices in the gtn, of course why not. but is that a reasonable real money/credits value?
    It kind of bothers me because thats actually goldbuying. I wonder if that demand will be permanent or if "rich" players will have their unlocks after some time.

on a sidenote: I bought the fully upgraded rocket boost with 1.6 with my cartel coins. I can recommend it very much, adds a lot of fun and value to the game.

on a sidenote: I bought the fully upgraded rocket boost with 1.6 with my cartel coins. I can recommend it very much, adds a lot of fun and value to the game.
    If you unlock legacy stuff, try to buy the "cheap" first versions with money and the more expensive with cartel coins. One thing I saw was that the cost of two unlocks was +/- 50 cartel coins but money wise, one was 25k, the other 150k.

Rocket boots is amazing and fairly cheap to get, oppose to what you have to "do" ingame (in case you don't have hundreds of millions of credits). The best part is that you can use them in places where you can't use speeder and they are fairly often up (fully upgraded)