Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i've got tier gloves off sha, the same tier gloves the next week, and lfr tier gloves this week

rng is a bitch. 2pc bonus is taunting me atm.

[image removed]

Mod Note: Infracted. Please don't post unnecessary images.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2012-11-22 at 02:30 AM.

Nothing you can about it, I didnt win any gear for the first 3 weeks of MoP (including LFR or Reg, no gear dropped). Then out of nowhere i got 6 pieces in a week, went from around 476 ilvl to my current 485 in 2 weeks.

Deleted
    I logged especially to post the following message. I hope you find it useful:

rng is rng

Last week was the first time I got something since launch, and I got 3 items. One from Sha and 2 from raid
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So - what you are saying is that you can spend countless hours doing raids for no gear, but your time doesn't allow you to spend half an hour a day doing dailies.

Your inverted time problems confuse me young time lord...

Sorry dood - but if you have the time to do galleon weekly, then your 'time problems' are truly fiction
    If it takes you countless hours to do 5 LFRs I feel bad for you. And yes I am saying that I can't log in for even half an hour a day for dailies (do you play on a pve server? I've never completed the dailies in less than 2 hours personally). I don't log in full stop Monday to Friday, it simply can't happen with work tbh. I do play over the weekends though. I can make lots of hours to play on say Saturday, but then that's it for the week, which means 1 set of dailies a week max, which makes them fairly futile to do at all as use of my time because it will take almost a full year to get the rep I need at that rate, so I stopped doing them so I could do more productive things with my limited wow time. And yes I have caught galleon on weekends, I didn't realise that was that exceptional tbh.

Not everyone is you and can play in the same time as you can. Telling (or implying that) people should twist their lives around in order to complete poor quality repetative content is a seriously problematic set of priorities imo. Real life > wow my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbnut View Post
    *EDIT* I mainly wanted to see what kind of luck others were having. Trolls took over the thread though due to me not wording the post well enough. Early out at work for Thanksgiving so I'm out!
    You have no idea what a troll is, do you? Your personal bad luck is not something a GM can or should do anything about. You dislike people saying "RNG is RNG", but the reason people are saying it is because it's so obvious. If you ticket a GM, they will tell you the same thing.

You have bad luck. You can't change it, a GM can't change it, we can't change it. Just keep /rolling until you get something.

I have the same luck except the odd time I get a segil.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I still think there should be a 5-10% drop chance increase for every time you don't win an item (resetting when you do.) That way you're guaranteed to win something eventually and RNG can't theoretically screw you over forever.
    There should be no guarantee to win loot. RNG is RNG. I have nearly 2 full sets of LFR T14 for my pally and my monk. Both have 4 set bonuses but only 4 pieces and both have weapons. On my shammy who has run LFR just as many times has nothing. Does it frustrate me? Nope. Just makes me wish Tuesday came around faster so I can get in there again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got 3 necks this week.
    Pity I have the Klaxxi neck.

RNG is painful.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    You have no idea what a troll is, do you? Your personal bad luck is not something a GM can or should do anything about. You dislike people saying "RNG is RNG", but the reason people are saying it is because it's so obvious. If you ticket a GM, they will tell you the same thing.

You have bad luck. You can't change it, a GM can't change it, we can't change it. Just keep /rolling until you get something.
    So, if you didn't win 1000 times you'd still just assume it's RNG and there's no possibility that it's a bug? Blizzard doesn't make perfect code and if no one is reporting it then they won't know.

Upon saying that, 23 rolls would still be a >4% chance and I wouldn't log a ticket. If it got down to the <0.4% (that's like 250 rolls) then I'd be starting to ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    If it takes you countless hours to do 5 LFRs I feel bad for you.
    Don't feel bad for me - I'm at 479 iLvl, you are the one whinging about not getting any loot

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 04:02 AM ----------

Summary (correction to previous post):

The following summarises the chances of NOT getting loot after 'n' consecutive LFR style rolls (or Charm Rolls).

'n' Chance
    01 85%
    05 44%
    10 20%
    15 9%
    20 4%
    25 2%
    30 1%

Note that this means you have MORE chance of NOT getting loot 10 times in a row, than you do of getting loot ONCE.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2012-11-22 at 04:06 AM.

Deleted
    Sometimes I think this game is messing with me: To be preciese im pretty well equipped for my progression lvl 488ilvl for 6/6 6/6 and 3/4 but I am still missing one trinket.

So i cleared Elegon for every ID on normal and Lfr AND! used a Bonus roll token on every attempt. My results: Orbital Belt LFR*7 Orbital Belt Normal*4

I'm close to building that belt in RL and shuffin it up Mr.Greg Street Ghostcrawlers ass in personal. I swear

10+ Year Old Account
    You also have to consider that people who tell you they got 12 epix on 4 bosses are probably just full of shit.

Everyone that kills sha the first time get a free epic. People seem to forget that. Contacting a gm won't increase your chances of winning a roll either. Expect a generic response if you did write a ticket. Better luck next time.

I've got 15 rolls(including charms) and the only thing I got was gloves I couldn't even use. (I'm disc, they were shadow, and I've already got the crafted ones.)
    Not a fan of the new LFR system.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Want to see how cruel the RNG task master is:

Went from Heroic blue leggings to LFR Tier to Sha Tier in the space of under an hour

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbnut View Post
    Anyone else have a streak this bad?
    You must be joking. I never raided on my paladin, but I did do many many heroics in Cataclysm. Yet at the end of the expansion I still had an iLevel 333 shield, because that was the only shield that dropped for me an entire expansion. The rest of my gear ended up 397 valor items and 378 dungeon gear, go figure.

(And yes I know there is a craftable shield that is better, but I never spend gold on gearing alts)

Deleted
    Gotten 2 items from all my rolls so far. HC tank boots from Gara'jal and the trinket from Elegon

Deleted
    No luck with sha/Galleon here aswell...