[GW2] Nausea/Headache

So I picked up GW2 and it looks really nice but after a while I get nausea and headaches ("motion sickness") and have to stop playing.

This is very unusual for me and only happened once before. (Can't remember the game)

If anyone here had this problem and somehow managed to fix it by adjusting the settings or something else, I'd really appreciate your input.

Odd. I have gotten headaches from other games before but not from this one. Do you think it's from the combat, the graphics, or maybe even the camera?

Deleted
    You can try to disable camera shaking. I hope it will help.

Did a quick search on google, maybe this will help

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...otion-Sickness
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Odd. I have gotten headaches from other games before but not from this one. Do you think it's from the combat, the graphics, or maybe even the camera?
    Yesterday I was running around in the black citadel and it got quite bad. No fighting ofc just movement and looking around.

Camera shaking is off.

Did a quick search on google, maybe this will help

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...otion-Sickness
    Already checked that out and they pinned down the problem to FOV but as far as i know that has been fixed/improved in the last patch.

This game is literally killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag View Post
    Yesterday I was running around in the black citadel and it got quite bad. No fighting ofc just movement and looking around.

Camera shaking is off.

Already checked that out and they pinned down the problem to FOV but as far as i know that has been fixed/improved in the last patch.

It hasn't been "fixed". They just offer a slightly wider FoV now. As FoV is dependent on two factors, size of your monitor/game window and distance from your eyes to your monitor, there is simply no "one size fits all" here.

It's quite possible that you're one of the few people who are very sensitive to FoV issues and currently available FoV options do not match your setup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag View Post

It wasn't fully fixed. If anything, they seem to have taken a middle ground with it of sorts. When the feature was still in testing it seemed better, but now after the patch seems something's wrong again for me so I'm not sure they fully implemented it.

This game never bothered me before, but I was away for a while, and now all of a sudden panning the camera around is making me feel nauseous. : ( I was trying to do a jumping puzzle and had to minimize the game for a bit because it was making me feel motion sick. Did they change something??? I've never had this happen in any game before.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I've had this issue with console games before. Mainly things like Tenchu, Samurai Western. Constant fast moving camera, or running up/down/jumping off shit usually seems to be my issue. Also happened with Assassin's Creed to begin with, but for that game I quickly got over it... Idk. I really have no idea why same games cause it within like an hour, while others I can play for hours on end.

Deleted
    strange the only game i've ever had this was portal after playing for a hour 0.o

Deleted
    Camera shaking & non-free camera fixed this for me. I think I also put camera rotation speed down (not sure tho, I think I adjusted it on beta).

My settings:

I even got nausea on WOW, if I was doing too many loops in SW while bored. So I do get it really easily. Hera are some tips:
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    Enable VSync
    Enable VSYNC and raise the monitor's refresh rate in the graphics card / monitor settings to see if this affects your gameplay. 60Hz is a common refersh rate but higher rates may correct the issue with some users.

Lighting near your computer
    Incandescent lighting is usually better than florescent lighting while playing. Point all lights at the roof or wall not directly behind or in front of the computer or monitor.
    A moderately lit room is preferred to a dark room. Your eyes may have trouble adjusting to the dark room and then to the bright screen. Continuous adjustments between the two extremes may have adverse affects. A moderately lit room can help diffuse the issue for some users.

Frames Per Second (FPS)
    Check the FPS your game is currently running. Open the game console with the ~ key. Type "net_graph 1" and a graph should appear in the lower right corner with FPS listing. The graph can later be removed by typing "net_graph 0"
    If you are getting below 30FPS on a regular basis, please try lower screen resolution or some of the graphical settings in the advanced video options in the Options menu.
    Lowering your mouse sensitivity to slow your turn rates may also help your symptoms.

I believe it could have something to do with how much control you have over camera. In some games like WoW camera is very tightly controlled by the player, it rarely moves without your input. In other games, camera is more "cinematic" and tends to move at different rates than your character - that might cause motion sickness.

EDIT: I experienced slight motion sickness while playing GW2 myself. Panning the camera way out away from my character helped the issue a bit.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...