Poll: Most bad-ass boss in WoW

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Begin Uplink. Reply Code: Omega

Planetary re-origination requested.

See your world through my eyes, a universe so vast as to be immeasurable. Incomprehensible even to your greatest minds.
    htwins.net/scale/

No but seriously, most bad-ass raid boss ever, like, which boss just gives you the biggest nerd chills ever. The concept of Algalon coming to our planet and saying that he wants to obliterate everything in the blink of an eye is just so much more exhilarating than Deathwing trying to explode himself. LK and Yogg both share this epic feel imo, but I'll leave the decision up to you.

Making a poll as well. Do you think Cho'Gall's plan to dominate the planet was more sinister than LK's undead hordes? Maybe.

K uhh.. Until a mod fixes this or something. Let's make...

Poll options were fixed, just ignore the bottom 3 open choices for now yep yep ^^

Ty Darsithis (if that was you, I assume it was)
    Last edited by Oxyra; 2012-11-22 at 06:08 AM.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Planetary re-origination requested.

See your world through my eyes, a universe so vast as to be immeasurable. Incomprehensible even to your greatest minds.
    htwins.net/scale/

No but seriously, most bad-ass raid boss ever, like, which boss just gives you the biggest nerd chills ever. The concept of Algalon coming to our planet and saying that he wants to obliterate everything in the blink of an eye is just so much more exhilarating than Deathwing trying to explode himself. LK and Yogg both share this epic feel imo, but I'll leave the decision up to you.

Making a poll as well. Do you think Cho'Gall's plan to dominate the planet was more sinister than LK's undead hordes? Maybe.

Edit:
    Oh wow, I mega derped on the thread title (if a mod sees this, please fix to "begin")
    It was Yogg Saron that did that for me.

If I had to choose between a zombie apocalypse and a Lovecraftian apocalypse, I'd much, much rather go with the zombies. There's a reason Algalon didn't bat an eye at the Lich King's hordes, but was willing to unmake the world rather than risk the Old Gods getting loose.

Hmm, missed a couple, adding more options of Illidan, Kil'jaeden/Kael'thas (Because they were besties), I don't think Archimonde really counts, and Vashj was just a minion of Illidan. Archimonde not counting since that was WC3 y'know.

Oh gawd, how do I edit poll choices O_O

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Did you wake up this morning with a smile on your face knowing that you had a master plan to recreate this thread/poll for the millionth time on this website? Really, inquiring minds want to know.
    Yet people keep voting. Shut Up.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yogg-Saron's transition speech takes the cake for me.

"Bow down before the God of Death!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep it civil, please. Thank you

Deleted
    Your actions are illogical. All possible results for this encounter have been calculated. The Pantheon will receive the Observer's message regardless of outcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    i have to say the following:

I am the Lucid Dream.
    The Monster in your nightmares.
    The Fiend of a thousand Faces!
    COWER BEFORE MY TRUE FORM!
    BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH!!

So, Yoggy takes the strawberry cupcake for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunwell felt crazy. The whole server gearing up for war

I had an extremely hard time deciding between Yogg-Saron and Arthas, but picked Arthas ( probably because I'm slightly biased towards him, and Yogg creeps me out, which would probably mean I should've voted Yogg... Oh well >.> ). I do love Algalon too though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted the Lich King, simply for one reason. The way he executed his plan was amazing. He puts you through trial after trial after trial, tests upon endless tests, making you stronger and stronger, until you have the collective strength to face him as an equal. Then he wants to take you at that moment, show you he is still superior, and mold you into a weapon much like himself...a weapon of indestructible power.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

If we go by the boss that caused the most player deaths...

Hogger.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I had to vote for C'Thun, because nothing in WoW has yet given me the same feeling of awe and fright as when we blundered in the Twin Emperor's room to see C'Thun's disembodied, gigantic eye regard us. And the the little message played for you at that moment.

"The massive floating eyeball in the center of the chamber turns its gaze upon you. You stand before a god."

I'd have to say, Algalon and the Lich King came bloody close to that feeling. I guess it comes down to which raiding tier and boss gets you first, that's the one that imprints on you in the end.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

>Watched Ensidia v Algalon.
    >Wanted to make thread about how bad-ass Algalon is ever.

There's the logic.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv_b1-bsN5o

There's the video if you wanna go watch it.

Should probably also mention that I made this thread then went to sleep, because y'know, I wanted to watch my thread be super popular or something.
    #TinfoilHat

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I had to vote for C'Thun, because nothing in WoW has yet given me the same feeling of awe and fright as when we blundered in the Twin Emperor's room to see C'Thun's disembodied, gigantic eye regard us. And the the little message played for you at that moment.

"The massive floating eyeball in the center of the chamber turns its gaze upon you. You stand before a god."

I'd have to say, Algalon and the Lich King came bloody close to that feeling. I guess it comes down to which raiding tier and boss gets you first, that's the one that imprints on you in the end.
    I didn't get into raiding til start of Wrath (Was one of those nubcake PvP like a bad ALL OF THE TIME IN AV rogue guys during Vanilla/BC, even though my gear was never even good), but I could see how that moment could be pretty epic, all 40 of you stumbling in there and feeling so small compared to the size on Twin Emps + C'Thun.
    Last edited by Oxyra; 2012-11-22 at 03:28 AM.

Yikes.

Algalon still gives me chills to this day. LK was a huge disappointment. Sinestra was also fucking bad-ass. I love that fight.

Glory to yogg-saron.

Deleted
    C'thun and Raggy (40 man)

i don't usually follow the lore that closely. but i always liked LK.

and i agree, Deathwing was just not intimidating at all.

This thread already exists various times, please try searching next time.