Deleted

Can't connect to LAN

Sigh. I was looking forward to being able to play with my Brother over LAN instead of having to set up a Bukkit server. I looked for a LAN world, I seen his game, I tried to connect and it failed. Any help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Sigh. I was looking forward to being able to play with my Brother over LAN instead of having to set up a Bukkit server. I looked for a LAN world, I seen his game, I tried to connect and it failed. Any help?
    Wait till 1.4.5. I believe there is an issue with LAN servers in 1.4.4.

edit: checked to be sure and yes, there is an issue with LAN servers in 1.4.4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Wait till 1.4.5. I believe there is an issue with LAN servers in 1.4.4.

edit: checked to be sure and yes, there is an issue with LAN servers in 1.4.4
    Yeah, I wonder who was asleep at the switch on that one? Pretty major bug to let slip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Yeah, I wonder who was asleep at the switch on that one? Pretty major bug to let slip.
    Most definitely! Hard to see how it snuck through testing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Most definitely! Hard to see how it snuck through testing.
    meh. I'll be on 1.4.2 for a while tbh. Play far too many mods to sit in vanilla waiting for each one to become available. Hopefully this next patch will sit for a few months so we can actually see full releases for everything. That's just me though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Well if your connection isn't working with 0.0.0.0. It also work in 1.4.2 like my lan world 192.168.0.5 instead
    of 0.0.0.0. some reason 1.4.4 lan can change to 0.0.0.0: will tried to troll me. check your current lan number in 1.4.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    meh. I'll be on 1.4.2 for a while tbh. Play far too many mods to sit in vanilla waiting for each one to become available. Hopefully this next patch will sit for a few months so we can actually see full releases for everything. That's just me though.
    I agree, let the mod makers catch up a bit. (or release the modding API already!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynder7023 View Post
    Well if your connection isn't working with 0.0.0.0. It also work in 1.4.2 like my lan world 192.168.0.5 instead
    of 0.0.0.0. some reason 1.4.4 lan can change to 0.0.0.0: will tried to troll me. check your current lan number in 1.4.2
    It's 0.0.0.0. and I have no idea why.

Check if your firewall or antivirus is blocking Minecraft.