Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Gear] Sha-touched Sword or Elite Dagger for mages?

I'm mainly debating if the Sha touched gem will make up for the 500idh extra spellpower from the elite weapon. I'm thinking it should?

Sim them? It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyn View Post
    Sim them? It's not that hard.
    If you get the gem for it.. its pretty darn close(if we are talking normal), if heroic however dagger is better by few hundred dps

I'll have the sword. Love swords on mages. But that's just a cosmetical choice

Dont forget that if you are a gnome, the dagger provides 1% hit with your racial which allows you to reforge/re itemize items with hit into crit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lhehitman View Post
    Dont forget that if you are a gnome, the dagger provides 1% hit with your racial which allows you to reforge/re itemize items with hit into crit
    Shortblade Specialization gives 1% expertise with both one-handed swords and daggers. Juuuust sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    I'll have the sword. Love swords on mages. But that's just a cosmetical choice
    Dagger for free 1% hit for my mage....

Quote Originally Posted by lhehitman View Post
    it gives that to both swords and daggers.

It's amazing how anyone can dare to say that one is best due to their gnome racial without having read the tooltip for their gnome racial.

elite dagger is better than sword UNLESS!! you have the legendary gem ready then sword is better.

so many gnomes in this thread >_>
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the 500 intellect on the gem is 577.5 spellpower and some crit (can't find the amount you get from int anywhere).

1 intellect = 1.155 spellpower
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2012-11-22 at 05:34 AM.

If we're talking BiS, the sword and offhand from blade lord and BiS, if you have the gem.

Quote Originally Posted by chaostiger View Post
    If we're talking BiS, the sword and offhand from blade lord and BiS, if you have the gem.
    Nope it aint. Go sim it and you'll find out the difference is +200 dps for the dagger

Deleted
    The comparison : http://fr.wowhead.com/compare?items=...64.0.0.0.89882

What we have :

• + 460 Int (+507 sp / +0.23% crit)
    • -534 spell power
    • -176 secondary stat

So Elite dagger have more spell power and secondary stat but Sha-toucher sword have more intel that give equivalent spell power and 138 crit.

Conclusion : they give similar benefit so BiS choice will be made on secondary stat choice :

• Sha-touched have crit and haste witch are good for Fire and Frost
    • Elite have crit and mastery witch are good for Arcane.

Personally, what ever drop first will be good for me as I'm still in 463 dagger.

Keep the 5.1 upgrades in mind, though. The sword might ultimately end up being better.

Yes don't forget that in 5.1 you will be able to further upgrade your gem for even more stats, and add a prismatic socket to the sword.

Deleted
    Wait till the 5.1 make it live (probably next week) but the change won't be enormous.

Item upgrade can be done to both weapon but that won't change a lot.
    Possibility to add a sha-socket. If it can be done without restriction, that won't change anything.

Only the gem upgrade to 550 intel will change balance in favour of sha-touched but by only ~50 intel but it's only a +0.05% upgrade.
    To this point, secondary stat choice will still made the choice but with less impact than before.

You can't add a sha-touched socket, the item you get from the Black Prince will add a prismatic socket, and only to a weapon that already has a Sha-Touched socket. It cannot be applied to the dagger.
    So you're adding an additional 50 int to the Sha-Touched sword and then on top of that the value of the Red or Orange gem of your choice.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93403
    Last edited by Imnick; 2012-11-22 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Nope it aint. Go sim it and you'll find out the difference is +200 dps for the dagger
    If you have the legendary gem, the sword is best in slot.

Deleted
    Probably good to stick with the sword with legendary gem since upcomming patches will continue the the legendary quest and maybe enhance ur sword further.