Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Could there be a Warcraft 4?

I was just thinking to myself "Man, it would be awesome if we saw a Warcraft 4 at some point.".

Warcraft 4 being the RTS game. (For those that might not know)

But then I started thinking. What would the story line be?

The way I look at it, if they make a storyline in Warcraft 4 and it be canon, do they just skip this huge portion of the storyline in World of Warcraft?

Do they give you the same exact storyline in Warcraft 4 that will be in World of Warcraft?

Will it be the same storyline in Warcraft 4 that's in World of Warcraft by maybe from the perspective that doesn't play a huge role in World of Warcraft?

What do you guys/girls think would be a suitable storyline for Warcraft 4 and how would it tie into World of Warcraft?
    Last edited by Komie; 2012-11-21 at 09:49 PM.

Pretty sure it's just a question of time.

Personally I'm weird but I would just like a rerelease of Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness. Easily my favorite game in the series by a long shot. If they made WC4 though I'd say the Sargeras and Emerald Dream story would be a good one.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

they'd probably release it at the start of an expansion, then pick up the wc4 storyline with the following xpac to streamline the lore/players into it.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    they'd probably release it at the start of an expansion, then pick up the wc4 storyline with the following xpac to streamline the lore/players into it.
    I thought that same exact thing.

But what sprung to mind, what about the players that play World of Warcraft, but don't play RTS games or Warcraft 4?

Is Blizzard just going to say "Oh well, looks like you World of Warcraft players are just going to have to accept it!"

I don't think they'd do that. I think they'd like to play major storylines (such as progressing from one expansion to another) through World of Warcraft and not a different game.

yes, once they have milked everything out of SC2, so maybe in 5 years we'll hear about it being developed

Deleted
    Yeah this is the most belivable and best solution i think

Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    I was just thinking to myself "Man, it would be awesome if we saw a Warcraft 4 at some point.".

The way I look at it, if they make a storyline in Warcraft 4 and it be canon, do they just skip this huge portion of the storyline in World of Warcraft?

Do they give you the same exact storyline in Warcraft 4 that will be in World of Warcraft?

Will it be the same storyline in Warcraft 4 that's in World of Warcraft by maybe from the perspective that doesn't play a huge role in World of Warcraft?

What do you guys/girls think would be a suitable storyline for Warcraft 4 and how would it tie into World of Warcraft?
    the only way i see them making another warcraft is either A: tying it into an expansion or patch like the novels or B: "remaking" important moments in wow for example a warcraft game based off vanilla or wrath telling the same story in rts form

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 04:53 PM ----------

But what sprung to mind, what about the players that play World of Warcraft, but don't play RTS games or Warcraft 4?

Is Blizzard just going to say "Oh well, looks like you World of Warcraft players are just going to have to accept it!"

I don't think they'd do that. I think they'd like to play major storylines (such as progressing from one expansion to another) through World of Warcraft and not a different game.
    the same could be said about the novels. a large portion of wow players dont read and miss out on huge lore moments
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

A Warcraft 4 is currently the only Blizzard game that could interest me. If they make a WC4, I hope they will either:

1) Make it a prequel to the previous Warcraft titles, maybe remake WC1

2) Continue the story after TFT, but with all the major WoW events presented in the RTS. Or make an entirely new alternate storyline, which could be interesting but a bit confusing

I know technically they're different genres, but considering the success of League of Legends I think a lot of people would like a new Warcraft granted it's similar to Warcraft 3. ❤

It could be amazingly cool or terribly bad. If they create a prequel that'd be awesome, if the create a continuation of anything it will likely suck as nearly all lore has been thoroughly raped.

Also, the graphics of WC3 and earlier were extremely charming and still are...it's always a risk to make new games in a series like that. But hey, Diablo3s environment artists did a great job, even if the actual devs didnt;p..

Quote Originally Posted by BoysBoysBoys View Post
    I know technically they're different genres, but considering the success of League of Legends I think a lot of people would like a new Warcraft granted it's similar to Warcraft 3. ❤
    blizzard allstars is their new dota game
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Not likely. Wow=the Warcraft franchise right now. There wont't be a new rts in that franchise. Starcraft is the RTS game and having a duplicate RTS game makes little to no sense right now. Also what would the lore of Warcraft 4 be? How does it relate to Wow? Does it relate to Wow at all? Does what happens in WC4 change Wow? Does what happens in Wow change WC4? See what I mean?

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 03:06 PM ----------

Or just skip the RTS entirely because the expansions for Wow haven't hurt the game at all. There is zero need for a Warcraft RTS. I'm sorry but that is how it is.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 03:08 PM ----------

This right here. Thank you. They aren't going to have customers flip flop from RTS to mmo and back again certainly not for lore. Also Blizzard has said Wow=cannon which means no RTS game in sight. Even the much mentioned product slate doesn't include a Warcraft RTS game. Come on people. use your heads.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2012-11-21 at 10:09 PM.

Deleted
    they said no more rts warcraft so i dont see warcraft 4 happening soon enough...

and its stupid how the lore is outside of the game for WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    There most certainly could be a WC4. For a story, I'd dearly love to see a considerable timeskip - something that allows for WoW to develop freely with multiple expansions, but also lets the story-writers really shake things up big time.

Something in the order of 300-500 years, the more the better - I want Azeroth to be almost unrecognizable by then (politically not physically).

The Forsaken have left the Horde and set up their own dark kingdom on the Azuremyst islands. The orc capitol is now a more industrialized city in Stonetalon - Durator is overgrown and abandoned. Further developments have drawn the Dark Irons and the Bronzebeards closer together, and now Grim Batol is united with Blackrock Mountain through tramways and such. The blood elves schism, with one faction reclaiming Silvermoon and the Sunwell, and the other building a dark magic empire around the Dark Portal. The Draenei return to the Exodar, which is repaired and drifts in Azeroth's orbit, watching over the world. Trolls and night elves are missing. Crap's gone down in Northrend with Bolvar. Other stuff. Really far out and wild stuff. I want as much difference in the world as between WC2 and WC3.

Otherwise, what's the point?

More a when than an if, IMO. There's still legions of SC/WC fans out there who would love it... not to mention a product that appeals to 10 million WoW fans.

I wrote something a long time ago on what I'd like to see:

Basically you should be able to tie-in your WoW account to Warcraft IV, and visa versa.

In Warcraft IV: I should be able to copy/port my WoW characters into WCIV as a "Hero Unit" via going to my Faction Leader in WoW and "signing up". (I don't literally mean "Transfer OFF of WoW to WCIV", but instead make a link that creates a new character in WCIV that ties to your character here... thus you could still play both at the same time)

Then, when you start up WCIV - your character is given a cool custom uniform based on class and race (making you easy to spot, and making it easy for programmers not to have to port all the WoW armor graphics somehow! >_<). And your character would then be added into all the campaigns as a special "hero unit".

In World of Warcraft: After you beat the main campaign, you should be sent a message by your faction leader to meet him. You then go through some rigamarole where he honors your deeds, knights you and gives you a unique title... something like "Hero of the Fourth War" or somesuch deal. Secondly, you should also be sent a WoW-version of that cool custom uniform you wore in Warcraft IV that you can transmog your armor into.

Definetly both an expansion and WCIV should tie directly together. So, say it's the Burning Legion attacking - both would have similar battles. For example, you could storm the gates in both a WCIV campaign and as a WoW Raid... even tie the two together somehow by having the WoW raiders storyline-wise "open up" an avenue for the main forces to fight in (from WCIV's perspective, they'll simply say "a band of raiders helped break through XYZ, we're making the push at the front gates!"). And all of that could just be narrative and NOT LINKED, just tied together narratively speaking... no, you should NOT have to play one in order to raid/see maps in the other! :P

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 11:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    they said no more rts warcraft so i dont see warcraft 4 happening soon enough...

and its stupid how the lore is outside of the game for WoW
    They never said "No more RTS Warcraft", and I dare you to even attempt to find such a nonsensical statement by Blizzard.

....and lore is ALREADY outside of the game for WoW and has been a problem they don't seem to really care about. Do you know how much lore is in books and comics but NOT in the game? >_<

Also, what of the reverse? What about the Wacraft III fans who are not WoW fans? Yes, there are plenty who play RTSes and not MMORPGs.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2012-11-21 at 11:49 PM.

They did it with some pretty big gaps in lore with the books, don't see why a game that would sell millions of copies wouldn't be the same.

I think the only way they could make a Warcraft 4 while WoW is around would be to go really far into the past with the Titans and Old gods. Which would be cool in terms of seeing how that lore played out in more detail but I doubt Blizzard would put the time into something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes id like to see WC4 with all new playable races and their campaign (Draenei, Worgen & dwarf and gnomes could be mixe with humans, Blood elves of the horde)

and i think that the game should be released between 2 expansions, this game could tell whole new story about the WoW lore, bring new characters and keep the already loved old characters. In addition this game could help WoW to start whole new era of game introduce new races and characters... idk its kinda boring watching ow endless war is going between horde and alliance and same characters take action... they even bring back the ones we thought already dead... its like Telemundo Soap Opera ... I for myself need something new and this game i see could refresh my love to wow and bring others to play wow ofc.

Deleted
    Depends on how WoW evolves. And yes, I think there could be a WC4. Like mvallas said, more a question of "when" not "if".