Deleted

Dw and blood tap

Hi again. I'm working on dw spec atm. I did some normal runs with my guild(casual players only) and I saw that the spec with RE isn't so good. So I tried BT spec on elegon and my dps was higher that other times.can someone tell me a good macro to use BT without have my eyes on my runes, cause I prefer easier style of playing. I saw somewhere a macro with BT+FS but I don't know if is correct. Thanks for ur time guys and sorry for my bad English. I knnow my language isn't so good...

You don't macro it. If you are going to macro it you should just use another talent because you will do less DPS.

If you want to play with Blood Tap, then macro it to Frost Strike.

#showtooltip Frost Strike
    /cast Frost Strike
    /cast Blood Tap
    Last edited by Shahad; 2012-11-22 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    If you want to play badly, then macro it to Frost Strike.

#showtooltip Frost Strike
    /cast Frost Strike
    /cast Blood Tap
    Fixed that for you. Seriously, if people want to make playing Frost easier then there is something wrong, and it isn't the game. You're going to do worse with the macro than you would with another talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a gaming mouse? Or even a mouse with programmable buttons? I bound it to the side button on my mouse and it works seamlessly. If you can do anything like that I'd recommend that and not macro'ing to an ability. Everything you do is dependent on one resource or another, limiting it's uses to having one (Runic Power in the case of Frost Strike) isn't going to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Fixed that for you. Seriously, if people want to make playing Frost easier then there is something wrong, and it isn't the game. You're going to do worse with the macro than you would with another talent.
    The difference between Macro'ed BT and Manual BT is way too small if you're playing casually to be of any importance. And even if you play competitiveness, it could be argued that the difference doesn't do THAT much. Proper manual control is certainly better, but macroing isn't going to screw up your performance enough for anyone to call you bad. Heck, the actual difference in raid parses probably won't even be noticed.

And DW Frost IS easy.

Imagine this situation. You have 60 RP. Your rune state is 0 Death, 0 Frost, 0 Unholy with 1 Unholy rune coming off CD in 0.5 seconds. If you FS with BT macro'd, you risk BT activating a Unholy rune and putting you at 2 Unholy for 0.5 seconds. In this case, you will have 0.5 seconds where 1 rune is not regen'ing at all. This can happen whenever you BT with 1 rune coming off CD in less than 1 GCD or 1 second.

BT already has a lower throughput than RE, so you can't afford to waste any rune regen by being capped on one type of rune. Proper use of BT would ensure that you only BT when it has no possibility to rune cap you, and within a period of 5 to 10 stacks, you can always find an optimal time to BT if you manage it manually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Imagine this situation. You have 60 RP. Your rune state is 0 Death, 0 Frost, 0 Unholy with 1 Unholy rune coming off CD in 0.5 seconds. If you FS with BT macro'd, you risk BT activating a Unholy rune and putting you at 2 Unholy for 0.5 seconds. In this case, you will have 0.5 seconds where 1 rune is not regen'ing at all. This can happen whenever you BT with 1 rune coming off CD in less than 1 GCD or 1 second.

BT already has a lower throughput than RE, so you can't afford to waste any rune regen by being capped on one type of rune. Proper use of BT would ensure that you only BT when it has no possibility to rune cap you, and within a period of 5 to 10 stacks, you can always find an optimal time to BT if you manage it manually.
    Wouldn't it be 1 death and one unholy?

Binding it to one key would probably be better for performance, but tbh you should be managing your runes better to use BT manually, otherwise in the OP's case playing casual doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference as long as you don't waste the death runes until you have another one.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post

Again, this is not fucking relevant. Someone who plays at a casual level DOES NOT NEED to care about this. So keep this out of the thread, damn.

Again, this is not fucking relevant. Someone who plays at a casual level DOES NOT NEED to care about this. So keep this out of the thread, damn.
    Someone who is 'casual' (lol@the use for casual) doesn't need to make the game harder, sure. So why is he using Blood Tap? If he wants to keep it simple, you pick one of the other two talents. If you pick BT and use it wrong you will do LESS damage than the others, making it a waste of time. We're not telling him to not use a macro because "it will make it easy", more that it will make him do LESS damage, as I said.

Fucking relevance - helping people not make bad decisions.

Off-topic:
    And DW Frost IS easy.
    Note the letters that come after "eas":
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Frost easier
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-11-22 at 01:15 PM.

The fact of the matter is that it isn't going make that big of a difference in dps. Bound or not, and it will still outperform re or rc. If you'd get off your high horse of, I do it the hard way so you have to do it that way too or youre bad. casual raiders don't need added complexity for 0.5% extra dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Kahlan View Post
    The fact of the matter is that it isn't going make that big of a difference in dps. Bound or not, and it will still outperform re or rc. If you'd get off your high horse of, I do it the hard way so you have to do it that way too or youre bad. casual raiders don't need added complexity for 0.5% extra dps.
    Let me re-phrase this:

>'Casual raider' wants to make it easy (seriously, who keeps throwing this around like it's for retards? I raid casually too, funnily enough I can still bind BT)
    >Picks Blood Tap and macros it.
    >Macro will make him do less DPS than it would without

Why not just pick RE/RC if there's no room for human (read: macro) error? I'm not on a high-horse, I'm making it simple for someone who wants it simple. BT already gives you less runes than the others, the reason it's a DPS increase is because you use it at the right time, e.g. when you need a rune with KM up. If you macro it to FS, you aren't using it when you need to.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-11-26 at 02:41 PM.

And DW Frost IS easy.
    If you macro BT and pick UB instead of PL it sure is.

can someone explain when to use BT to be most beneficial.. cant find much info on this.