Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It might not be the same for others, but for me around my area. Local cops are fine. County cops are great. State cops are pricks.

I don't mind cops in general, but they seem to be absolutely awful at weeding out the bad eggs among their ranks, as long as they allow the disgusting shitters that abuse the authority that their occupation grants them I will be moderatly distrustful of police officers in general, despite the fact that I got a copper in the extended family and a neighbour who is one as well.

Seen a few really shitty moves by the police over the years, been arrested falsely as well, but those two police officers were pretty decent guys, and I was(am) smart enough to remain civil when dealing with them.

They also holds power that few others do, to put it in extreme they got the power of life and death in certain situations, and as such they need to be properly monitored and harshly critized when they abuse their power or make mistakes, that comes with the territory as far as I'm concerned, if you can't handle that then don't become a police officer in the first place.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    It's been said a million times already, but have fun with your 2nd amendment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    People with higher levels of education have more knowledge of their career and thus are more intelligent in their field of study; that's what a degree is..
    A degree absolutely does not designate intelligence. It designates only an expanded knowledge in a specific field. You can have people get masters and not be as smart overall as people who barely pass high school, with how chaotic the system that is human society is.

Also, its the job of the judicial branch to interpret the law, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    People with higher levels of education have more knowledge of their career and thus are more intelligent in their field of study; that's what a degree is.
    The possibility that a particular police officer somewhere has a deep knowledge of the law from going to the library is irrelevant, because that is not required for the job.
    Police officers aren't trained to interpret and understand laws, they are trained only to enforce them; because of this fundamental flaw in their education, I do not believe that a basic academy trained police officer is qualified to wield the power that he or she holds.
    Load of BS.

Also, Police officers here get a 3-year University level ecucation pretty much, condensed down to 2 years I think, they take classes at a higher tempo. It's not a masters but they don't do like 3 months in an academy and then get sent out on the street.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

That first clip, that's just pure terror. That's a kind of terror most people will never know. I feel for that man and I hope he survived, I know nothing more about it.

Back when I was doing a lot of things I wasn't supposed to, I jumped at the chance to vilify police officers, like that video of the girl getting slammed for kicking off her shoes. But it's a good reminder here what these men and women do, that we should be thankful for their service.

I would like to see the data behind the claim that the life expectancy of a police officer is 55 years old. That seems fallacious just on the surface, and likely would be used as leverage. What's fair is fair here, let's all be above-board. The statistics I've heard are that most officers will never draw a gun in the field, much less fire one.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Because it is not the standard. Sure, some retarded cops would do that, but that is maybe a 0,01% of the entire US police force.
    The number of times cops pull a weapon without needing to isn't a hundredth of a percent...

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    It's funny how these idiots hate cops. Yeah, they hate them until they need them. "Oh man I hate cops but that guy killed my wife please sir go catch the murderer!" Fucking retards.
    What the fuck is your problem?

Cops are there to protect us so people need cops like that. People do not need cops who don't protect them and abuse their power. The reason people dislike cops isn't that they do bad things. It's that they are hardly ever punished for the wrong things they do because they're in blue.

When a cop was interrogating a woman and randomly turned off the camera and turned it back on and she was in a pile of blood and beatup and need an ambulance. He said she fell off the chair. Never mind the fact he turned off the camera. In any case, he was suspended and then hired right back as a cop. It's things like that that make people dislike cops, the lack of retribution for the wrong things they do. When a cop barges into a wrong house and kills an innocent person what happens? They're rarely fired.

I am not fond of cops in certain areas. I remember once I was walking in Scarsdale and was stopped and asked why I was there, what am I doing, where am I going. A mostly white upper class neighborhood, so they just felt, mmm that guy looks a little dark (i'm half black).

Same thing happened in Englewood Cliffs, another upper class, white/asian neighborhood. I was visiting my grandmother and questioned. I have family that lives around there and they say "the cops here are a little racist so just try to avoid them"

Oh and before anyone says perhaps I looked supicious based on style. I was wearing a neat dress shirt with jeans, dressy sneakers, and a pea coat.
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-11-24 at 01:07 AM.

The problem with me isn't that there arn't good cops, the problem for me is that the good cops defend the bad cops untill the bitter end making them just as bad as the rest of them. As it is now a cop could shoot me in the face for no reason and he wouldn't even get a suspension for it. So they can say enough is enough all they want untill they hang out all those that abuse their power and punish them just as hard as any other criminal then I would back the police to the bitter end. As it is now they defend murderers and thugs and till they fix that I'll keep distrusting them. I still respect those that do their work correctly and wouldn't dream of doing stupid shit like throw rocks or fuck up investigations. When I grew up there were 2 cops famous for beating the shit out of teenagers for no reason, and they still work as cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    The problem with me isn't that there arn't good cops, the problem for me is that the good cops defend the bad cops untill the bitter end making them just as bad as the rest of them. As it is now a cop could shoot me in the face for no reason and he wouldn't even get a suspension for it. So they can say enough is enough all they want untill they hang out all those that abuse their power and punish them just as hard as any other criminal then I would back the police to the bitter end. As it is now they defend murderers and thugs and till they fix that I'll keep distrusting them. I still respect those that do their work correctly and wouldn't dream of doing stupid shit like throw rocks or fuck up investigations. When I grew up there were 2 cops famous for beating the shit out of teenagers for no reason, and they still work as cops.
    First, an officer grabbed Oscar by the neck and pushed him against the wall," the Oakland Tribune quoted her as saying. "Oscar didn't fight him, but he didn't go down either. He was like, 'What did I do?' Then another officer came up with his Taser and held it right in his face. Oscar said, 'Please don't shoot me, please don't Taser me, I have a daughter,' over and over again, real fast, and he sat down
    He was shot and killed while handcuffed face down on the ground by transit police. They were actually charged, which isn't something you hear much of in cases that involve cop shootings.

^

That is why people hate cops. Because they are there to protect us, but no one can protect you from a bad cop.

By the way that cop got a little under 7 months in jail.

A little under 7 months in jail for shooting an unarmed, handcuffed, person, in the back, while they were on the ground. There are quite a few videos, it's easy to find.
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-11-24 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The number of times cops pull a weapon without needing to isn't a hundredth of a percent...
    No? You must be right. I am sure every cop pulls his gun when sending off skaters from private property.

On a more serious note... if you can provide proof for your statement, I'd be more than happy to believe you. Until then I'd stick to my common sense and say it's 0,01%.

No? You must be right. I am sure every cop pulls his gun when sending off skaters from private property.

On a more serious note... if you can provide proof for your statement, I'd be more than happy to believe you. Until then I'd stick to my common sense and say it's 0,01%.
    Wait you ask if I have proof of more than one hundredth of a percent but you have no problem making up your own numbers and sticking to them as fact. Oh yes that is indeed "common sense" How foolish.

Wait you ask if I have proof of more than one hundredth of a percent but you have no problem making up your own numbers and sticking to them as fact. Oh yes that is indeed "common sense" How foolish.
    Bla bla. It's commonly known that most cops will never have to draw a gun, let alone fire one, during their entire career. So, given the fact that the police force is kinda huge and minor incidents make up almost all of their work, I think my 0,01% is the most accurate number here.

So, instead of pointing out my flaws, how about you start working on your own?

Bla bla. It's commonly known that most cops will never have to draw a gun, let alone fire one, during their entire career. So, given the fact that the police force is kinda huge and minor incidents make up almost all of their work, I think my 0,01% is the most accurate number here.

So, instead of pointing out my flaws, how about you start working on your own?
    And are you speaking for America or "Germany,Croatia, and the Netherlands?" I mean looking at Europe there are less cop shootings than here. 0.01% isn't the most accurate number because it's one you pulled out of thin air.

"Hey this number sounds good, I think I'll stick to it!"

make them furnish their own equipment, that will cut down on alot of people that just want to be paid to be a douche behind a badge & a gun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    make them furnish their own equipment, that will cut down on alot of people that just want to be paid to be a douche behind a badge & a gun
    That's a bad idea.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

its prejudice pure and simple its very stupid ignorant people saying "there are cases of X therefore going to treat a large variant thing exactly like X"

a man was mean therefore all men are mean

a woman was greedy therefore all women are greedy

a police officer was evil therefore all police officers are evil

Police officers are PEOPLE they can be good or bad, they can start out good then go bad or start out bad then become good.

Don't judge a book by it's cover even covers that you give them
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

I watched the video and it's true that these guys play with death. Especially in the US since people can carry a firearm almost everywhere. My brother in law in a police officer, he's the father of my nephew. He's a good guy, you cannot believe the shit these guys come through. And it starts with road accidents. Sure, some cops are assholes, but it's just like everything.

I raise my glass to our fallen guardians!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    its prejudice pure and simple its very stupid ignorant people saying "there are cases of X therefore going to treat a large variant thing exactly like X"

a man was mean therefore all men are mean

a woman was greedy therefore all women are greedy

a police officer was evil therefore all police officers are evil

Police officers are PEOPLE they can be good or bad, they can start out good then go bad or start out bad then become good.

Don't judge a book by it's cover even covers that you give them
    Here's the thing though... no one protects you from those bad cops. It's fine to judge cops on cover and avoid them unless you need them. I know that's what I would do in areas where I keep getting stopped because I don't look like I fit into a mostly white town.

There are MANY x cases, and many cops from those cases go unpunished. It feels as though the cops can do whatever they want and never get punished for it. It is like we have these people that are there to protect us but if they stop protecting us we have no one else to go to.

And are you speaking for America or "Germany,Croatia, and the Netherlands?" I mean looking at Europe there are less cop shootings than here. 0.01% isn't the most accurate number because it's one you pulled out of thin air.

"Hey this number sounds good, I think I'll stick to it!"
    I think the police here fires their guns a couple(like 2) of times per year, it's always newsworthy lol
    Can't remember when they shot someone dead the last time, they shot a dude in the leg a while back, he was known before(organized crime). Seen them beat people with batons for no reason whatsoever several times though

Seen the police draw their guns twice in my life entire life, once when they had a housecall, once when I walked passed a bank that was being robbed.

Bank robbery gone wrong! They didn't need to fire any shots though.