Thread: Audio Probelm

15+ Year Old Account

Audio Probelm

Hey guys I am having an onboard audio problem. I bought a Asus DX sound card but when I put it i it appears to be a DOA, so I am going to have to return it. But now my onboard sound will not work since I have uninstalled my audio drivers trying to get DX to work. I have reinstalled then but it does not work. It does not detect my speakers or my headphones. I have also updated my video card, I tried changing the setting on my onboard audio(enabled,disabled and auto), I updated my bios, I am running out of options of what I can do. The computer is automatically installing High Definition Audio Device, which I did not have before. I uninstalled it but it keeps coming back.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Hey guys I am having an onboard audio problem. I bought a Asus DX sound card but when I put it i it appears to be a DOA, so I am going to have to return it. But now my onboard sound will not work since I have uninstalled my audio drivers trying to get DX to work. I have reinstalled then but it does not work. It does not detect my speakers or my headphones. I have also updated my video card, I tried changing the setting on my onboard audio(enabled,disabled and auto), I updated my bios, I am running out of options of what I can do. The computer is automatically installing High Definition Audio Device, which I did not have before. I uninstalled it but it keeps coming back.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
    Should work.

1) Go into your bios and set the onboard sound to Enabled.
    2) Go and get the latest driver for your onboard sound (motherboard's manufacturer's site) and install it then reboot,
    3) Plug in your speakers and go into the windows sounds options and under playback devices set the default to whatever u want to use (speakers, optical output)etc. You can also rightclick and test to make sure it works before hand.

Windows keeps installing the onboard sound adapter driver because you keep uninstalling and also it's enabled so of course it will install the driver if it's not already installed. That's normal. Don't uninstall it.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    get the audio card outta computer and check the pin on it, ive seen few cases where theres error in manufacturing and cards comes out with INPUT-slots instead of outputs
    few years ago i had a first of this infront of me and took almost hour before i noted that its manufacturing error (wrong component popped on the board)