Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Has Mr. Robot gone insane?

Hello,

I was seeing if there was anything I could do to optimise my prot gear using askmrrobot.com, but I'm a bit surprised by the outcome. Here's my character audit:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...e_cartel/aelen

The main thing I am surprised at is that it's suggesting I drop a whole lot of hit in order to get more stamina/mastery. While I am very interested in maxing out my survivability I don't know if risking misses on Shield Slam/Revenge are really worth it, since they offer tons of mitigation. I realise I am currently over the hitcap, but that's because I got some new drops recently and didn't reforge yet. I was hoping Mr. Robot would help me with this, but it just feels like he's playing a cruel joke on me.

What do you guys/girls think about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Change the build to PvE Hit/Exp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last expansion, tanks were not gearing ANY hit or expertise.

They made threat such a non-issue, it was all about avoidance and mitigation.

Deleted
    Yeah, I tanked last exp as well, it was all about avoidance and mitigation, but nowadays getting enough rage means we have better mitigation, that's why I was wondering it Mr. Robot went bonkers on me.

I did switch to the Hit/Exp build now, but for some reason it still puts me at ~5%. I suppose this will work in a lot of cases, it just feels like it would really, really, really suck if you miss a crucial shield slam or so. Perhaps I am overthinking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post
    Last expansion, tanks were not gearing ANY hit or expertise.

They made threat such a non-issue, it was all about avoidance and mitigation.
    hit/exp is used to get rage, not for threat (well it helps with threat but not the reason people are getting it)
    more rage = more mitigation

Deleted
    Don't use mr. robot, it is really bad for you! For example: Mr. Robot says that bis pvp tank gear has pve gear in it. It tells me to go pve gear instead of full malevolent thus dropping resi and pvp power.

On topic: Hit/exp are good for you, because steady rage income makes your life so much easier.

Deleted
    Yeah, I like Mr Robot for dps, but tanking is a lot more subtle and you can build in multiple ways depending on what encounter you're facing. That said, I do agree with it that I need a bit more stamina considering how many fights in this first tier are built around magic damage. I'm haven't been too fond of stamina stacking since wotlk (where it was the norm), but I have updated my gear a bit, dropped a bunch of hit, and gained a lot of Stamina.

Gems and such aren't really a problem for me, so I can just switch it up when I feel like it.

you really need to change gemming etc. per encounter depending on whether you are going to need a lot of block or stamina etc. I'd go for a healthy hit and expertise soft cap and some stamina. dodge has terrible Dr so get Parry instead.

Deleted
    Yeah, I have been prioritising parry by FAR over dodge this expansion. This tier, in general, seems to be more magic damage heavy, that's why I think the stamina makes sense, since mastery does nothing for you there. Ideally I'd have two gear sets but my access to gear is fairly limited as is, so I'm just shooting for a somewhat well-rounded kit.

I'm by no means a hardcore raider and the last thing holding us back at the moment will be my gear.

First time I clicked on Mr. Roboto and will be the last, I knew it was terrible
    try the "ej app" http://rawr.codeplex.com/
    it doesnt give the option to hit the expertise/hit cap either...

mr robot seems wacky. I never use it. I don't have trouble figuring out how to gem and enchant, and wowreforge is a much better reforge tool. I'm pretty sure it's been fixed since it now puts me right at hit cap like it used to. <3

might want to learn how to use mr robot, not just press optimize.

I personally don't use Mr robot but I'm sure there's a way to change the values. There's no reason any program would inherently put you at 5% anything without giving you the ability to change it. What you want to shoot for is 2550 hit and exp if you can find where to change the value. If you're squid-face then its going to be slightly lower. As far as reforging goes I'd recommend the reforge-lite addon.

Deleted
    Try this out to keep it simple and controlled:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite

Down Arrow -> Custom;
    Hit (2550) > Expertise (5100) > Mastery > Parry > Dodge

Hit that calculate until you find something you like.

You can even add (Double Expertise values):
    Hit (2550) > Expertise (2550) > Mastery > Expertise (5100) > Parry > Dodge

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, you guys switch gems for each encounter?

I have 2 sets; Tanking and DPS. I maybe swap trinkets for encounters, but I don't go that far.

Then again, I'm not raiding heroics.
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Armwack View Post
    I personally don't use Mr robot but I'm sure there's a way to change the values. There's no reason any program would inherently put you at 5% anything without giving you the ability to change it. What you want to shoot for is 2550 hit and exp if you can find where to change the value. If you're squid-face then its going to be slightly lower. As far as reforging goes I'd recommend the reforge-lite addon.
    You can change a lot with Mr Robot. I never had any issues using it myself, I've only used it as DPS though.

Nvm didn't read the thread to find it was already answered.

But for the hit/exp build they give you a healthy amount of hit/exp without sacrificing too much to reach it. 5% is an acceptable amount of hit, if you feel that it isn't good enough you can modify the reforging yourself and get to the soft caps.
    Last edited by Xtacle; 2012-11-22 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Akmrrobot is absolute SHITE lately. Use wowreforgelite addon, with simcraft to determine your stat weights. Much better.

Deleted
    Obviously, AIs have the habit of going insane.

Deleted
    Yeah, I never really used these kinda tools until very recently to be honest. For dps it seems fairly good since it's a lot more straight forward what you should be going for, but as a tank it's a bit different since you really need to look at the encounter (or tier) in order to decide what you should be going for.

Bottom line: use these kinda tools with caution, don't trust them 100%.

Thanks for all the input guys.