Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[Manga/Anime] Naruto

It basically started as a very promising manga series, with interesting premise and characters. But the books have basically now slumped to discard all character development for characters that aren't Naruto or Sasuke, and we have a horrible antagonist to fill in the slot of Orochimaru. I can't see the plot at the moment to be anything other than to mash out deceased characters to brawl with side characters as an excuse for development.

As for the anime, it basically retains all problems and worse with the fillers. I don't think I've seen animes with more fillers than Naruto, theres seasons of this vomit...
    In spite of all the flaws, to the least, Naruto has among if not the best action anime production quality out there. The fights look stellar and are beautifully animated.

What do you guys think of Naruto?

i like it, the filler is annoying sometimes, but it has its purposes. i just watched episode 214 of shippuden, and i eagerly await next weeks episode, some shits about to go down :P

Deleted
    It's entertaining Even with the "fillers".

I never read the books but stopped watching the anime because of too much filler and they put out 3 episodes then I have to watch 6 reruns over the course of a few weeks to see 3 more episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Narutos fight with Pain... The most fucking awesome anime animation I've ever fucking seen.
    But yeah, I agree with the filler hate, it's ridiculous. Shame the Naruto-creators got greedy as well as everyone else. I mean really, have you seen the Bleach manga lately? A couple of chapters ago, it was 20 pages to say that Orihime got a new ability. The last chapter was 20 pages of Ichigo learning to sense reiatsu, and that happened in the last damn page. Tite Kubo (Bleach's creator) filled almost a whole page with Ichigos cut up eyes. He likes them big panels.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

I was never a fan of the anime but i read the manga for years. I stopped recently though cause it's just not that good anymore. Basically in my eyes, after the whole nagato/pein thing it went to crap. And that's when i stopped reading it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dislike dislike and dislike.

It was okay from the start, but then, what story line? It felt like DBZ where the story line was completely not well thought out and just randomly improvised.

Edit: Fillers from hell is stupid.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2011-06-10 at 07:27 AM.

Im watching Naruto without fillers and not complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the freaking manga instead. It's fucking awesome. The anime have so many fillers because once the main stories are produced into anime, they move in a much faster pace, which would cause the anime to completley stop if it wasn't because of the fillers due to there being no story to be told. I honestly prefer 50 episodes a year, half being fillers, instead of 25 episodes with half a year without any.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Im watching Naruto without fillers and not complaining.
    Back in my day our fillers were people screaming "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" for five episodes AND WE LIKED IT.

A very good example in my opinion of bland character development is summed up in Konan.

She didnt really seem to show any personality in the present besides this ridiculous grim emo tone, and when a opportunity for Kishi to flesh out her present character came, he instead sent the dull antagonist over to kill her. And they actually tried to make us believe Konan was apparently gonna kill him. When you see these fights, you just know whos gonna win. Its too obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like it but my only problem is 60% of every damn episode is fucking flashbacks and the same ones every damn time. and its been like that for quite some time now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toator View Post
    I was never a fan of the anime but i read the manga for years. I stopped recently though cause it's just not that good anymore. Basically in my eyes, after the whole nagato/pein thing it went to crap. And that's when i stopped reading it.
    So you stopped where it began to evolve into something really awesome? The latest 15-20 chapters have been orgasmic.

---------- Post added 2011-06-10 at 07:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lastblow View Post
    i like it but my only problem is 60% of every damn episode is fucking flashbacks and the same ones every damn time. and its been like that for quite some time now.
    Well, as I said earlier, it is because the anime moves in a much faster pace. A 20 chapter manga is max 10 minutes of anime. :P
    Vol'jin fanboy

In Chapter 542 now, it's an All-Out-World-War, so maybe the manga should come to an end soon.
    There isn't much left to fight. It would be dull to continue after the madara arc in my opinion.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Btw I dont refer to Madara as Madara if you guys haven't noticed. So not worth it lol, Orochimaru was a stellar and unique villain, and then they bring in this masked chap that follows the ''IM GONNA TAKE OVER THE WORLD LOL'' theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    So you stopped where it began to evolve into something really awesome? The latest 15-20 chapters have been orgasmic.

---------- Post added 2011-06-10 at 07:29 AM ----------

Well, as I said earlier, it is because the anime moves in a much faster pace. A 20 chapter manga is max 10 minutes of anime. :P
    oh really wow ok i understand now but it doesn't mean im not going to complain when i wait every week to see flashback lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate to bring Bleach into this, but its filler is far worse than that of Naruto.

Naruto had the horrendous amount of filler episodes before Shippuden started however (which i actually didnt mind because i like the secondary and tertiary characters of Naruto - and this time was used to build most of these characters up by a fairly decent amount). Which personally is one of the things i dislike about the direction of the series at the moment. Earlier Naruto was downtrodden and the underdog and was equal/slightly better than most of the other characters his age.

Now hes the hero and everyone loves him. As a result of this, all the other characters have taken a huge backseat to him and (for me) have lost the dynamic between them all.

This is all based on my experience with the anime.

Deleted
    Hahah, Bleach fillers can say to Naruto one's : In your face !

If you cant see the plot, understand its genius it means you read it backwords or in japanese. I admit last few episodes are not as good but something big is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyhan View Post
    Back in my day our fillers were people screaming "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" for five episodes AND WE LIKED IT.

Be my boyfriend.

You win the internet. <3

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    A very good example in my opinion of bland character development is summed up in Konan.

She didnt really seem to show any personality in the present besides this ridiculous grim emo tone, and when a opportunity for Kishi to flesh out her present character came, he instead sent the dull antagonist over to kill her. And they actually tried to make us believe Konan was apparently gonna kill him. When you see these fights, you just know whos gonna win. Its too obvious.
    I vaguely recall feeling that way too, but I think watching Sakura develop as a character has been my biggest disappointment with the series. I mean, she has much more potential than the creator is willing to give her beyond being a damsel in distress. She gets all of this beastly super strength and barely uses it to any real effect (as far as I read, which was up to the beginning of the Shinobi war).

Something just feels so sad and pathetic about her character. Like you're expecting her to do something awesome, but then she just can't pull it off. I dunno. That's just my view though. Odds are I have no idea what I'm talking about.