Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadmio View Post
    Lynx rush wins by far over MoC
    No it doesn't.

Sorry Bro but I need to stop you right there first of all the stats for reforging as a hunter is Hit/Exp 2550(7.5%)->Crit->Haste->Mastery.
    The rest of what you said is true, until' you said that MoC is better for Bm then Lynx Rush, that is complete Bull, Lynx rush wins by far over MoC, Lynx rush gives you that DPS boost that you want in your burst, which hunters only are as it is, they're only cooldown. MoC Is better for survival.
    And last of all, Pet's as of the change with pet's at the pre-MoP patch hunter's can change what "spec" their pet should be, and because of that, it dosen't matter what pet you use, as long as it can benefit your guild, pet's are basicly only a buff machine ( and damage output ) for buffs that the raid cannot get, but as a 25 man guild they should already have all buffs = this hunter can choose what pet he whishes to use.
    Mastery is stronger than haste for BM at higher gear levels. Not sure about lower (unless you have enough haste that your dire beast reliably gets an extra attack every single time).
    AMOC is stronger for both, lynx rush is more convinient.
    Your pet comment makes no sense. The poster you quoted said "grab 5 pets that provides usefull buffs", which is correct. Means he can stand in with a buff if anyone is MIA or dies. You just added useless information (25 man usually has all buffs, all pets are fero now).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    AMOC is stronger for both, lynx rush is more convinient.
    I really dislike how they did AMoC, really hate using it tbh.

Hey there. I'm not going to be sarcastic due to your hunter's inexperience with the class.

First of all, hunter class is pretty much vitally dependant on the ranged weapon. Even the Raid Finder version of the Mogu'shan Vaults Bow makes a considerably big difference in the hunter's DPS output. Secondly, as a trinket, Relix of Xuen is a MUST. And I mean it. IT IS A MUST. While being not a raid drop, it is the Best in Slot trinket for hunters in the entire Tier14 content. That STR ring can easily be replaced with a ring from the first boss of Gate of Setting Sun or the third boss in Temple of the Jade Serpent. I'd also use my first valor spending on the Klaxxi epic neck.

Reforge Lite is a geniously awesome and super useful addon that does the job of stat re-calculation for you. For the best stat output, using this addon is a MUST.

About the playstyle. Since the DPS difference between BM and SV isn't truly colossal, BM is still on the front. But BM is a bit reflex-related spec that requires quite fast reactions to instant pop ups, and then goes into spamfest berserk. I'd recommend your friend to go SV. It has a better flow in it and rather than depending on high reflexes it is actually based on observance. Your friend could adapt it a bit better than going BM at start and getting confused.

Basically, BM is whack-a-mole with a bunch of 6s-1m CDs, so GLHF.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Basically, BM is whack-a-mole with a bunch of 6s-1m CDs, so GLHF.
    Mostly yeah, while also making sure you always have enough focus for KC and other abilities - never using AS if your focus is less than 63 seems to work fine, as suggested in the sims. Focus fire being our only proc is so low in priority, that it really doesn't require quick reflexes.

One good tip for all you raiding hunters, who don't need to bring a pet for a missing buff or debuff: Use a tallstrider. The AoE sunder is really good, and it instantly stacks to three stacks. Very powerful for AoE pulls. Afaik no other class can AoE sunder, but correct me if im wrong. Too bad the tallstrider model is one of the lamest we have when it comes to pets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    AMoC is better than LR for both bm and SV.
    It only is if you can keep an uptime on AMoC on your disired target for 100% of the time it's up, which most hunters cannot, and therefor better with LR, atleast for a hunter that barely have played as a hunter.

It only is if you can keep an uptime on AMoC on your disired target for 100% of the time it's up, which most hunters cannot, and therefor better with LR, atleast for a hunter that barely have played as a hunter.
    Hey, your information was false and I corrected it. If you said "Since they haven't played a hunter much, AMoC yields more dps if they know how to use it however Lynx Rush is easier to use" I wouldn't have corrected you, but I did because if someone else was browsing the forums and saw that they would think that you meant LR is the better talent when it is not. For the hunter I would indeed recommend LR though since they seem to be having some problems.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Basically, tl;dr: press more buttons.
    always something like this

Sorry Bro but I need to stop you right there first of all the stats for reforging as a hunter is Hit/Exp 2550(7.5%)->Crit->Haste->Mastery.
    The rest of what you said is true, until' you said that MoC is better for Bm then Lynx Rush, that is complete Bull, Lynx rush wins by far over MoC, Lynx rush gives you that DPS boost that you want in your burst, which hunters only are as it is, they're only cooldown. MoC Is better for survival.
    And last of all, Pet's as of the change with pet's at the pre-MoP patch hunter's can change what "spec" their pet should be, and because of that, it dosen't matter what pet you use, as long as it can benefit your guild, pet's are basicly only a buff machine ( and damage output ) for buffs that the raid cannot get, but as a 25 man guild they should already have all buffs = this hunter can choose what pet he whishes to use.
    Facepalm...

In fairness, lynx rush simplifies things so, SO much.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    In fairness, lynx rush simplifies things so, SO much.
    How so? you are pressing a button every 1:30 with lynx rush and 2:00 with AMoC. Nothing more nothing less.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Meh, AMoC requires about 10s of planning, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    How so? you are pressing a button every 1:30 with lynx rush and 2:00 with AMoC. Nothing more nothing less.
    60 focus is a lot of focus. I also have the old rabid still (CN) so I can sync it with my LR/BW when needed. AMoC is very clunky with it's focus usage.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    60 focus is a lot of focus. I also have the old rabid still (CN) so I can sync it with my LR/BW when needed. AMoC is very clunky with it's focus usage.
    probably not much gain of snycing rabid. it only increases attack speed (tooltipp not updated yet!), no benefit for LR these days.
    and delaying LR by 30sec every time is a theoretical dps loss. (you use it 25% less often, to gain a 20% increase in dmg under BW)
    If you delay using it for the next BW, you use it every 2min. in this situation you could just go with aMoC which defenetly does more dmg if both are used the same amount of times...

Best way to improve him would be to replace him. Honestly, I hate to sound like a dick but this guy isn't going to be parsing anything big soon.

lol @ gun enchant!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    Best way to improve him would be to replace him. Honestly, I hate to sound like a dick but this guy isn't going to be parsing anything big soon.
    So? Everyone starts out at the bottom, and then some get better fast, some slowly, and as long as you're not pushing for really high server/World ranks in terms of raiding then you can actually "carry" a few dps/healer/tanks and as they improve you might have a awesome team.

Deleted
    He does not seem to have a clue on how to gear

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    So? Everyone starts out at the bottom, and then some get better fast, some slowly, and as long as you're not pushing for really high server/World ranks in terms of raiding then you can actually "carry" a few dps/healer/tanks and as they improve you might have a awesome team.
    There's a difference between someone not understanding how to min/max and someone reaching the level cap, raiding and still using gear completely inappropriate for their character.