Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stephen Kings's Dark Tower but I heard that was in production.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Do you really think anyone wants to sit through all that *sniff* *tugs braid* *smooths skirts* in the middle of the series?
    there is editting for a reason...you also forgot the *folds arms beneath breasts*

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming they are well done, Wheel of Time and Malazan Book of the Fallen.

They'd both probably have to be TV series instead of movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mdk would be great as animated movie--something else that usual normal movies. Action + Dark humor.

They did make something smiliar (ending of game):

Don't sweat the details!!!

Forgot to add 2. Would like to see a Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bepop live action film. Those are about the only two animes I think would actually do very well as movies as they arent completely rediculous. Hell Cowboy Bepop would just be like a Boba Fett movie with just more bounty hunters and everyone loves Boba Fett.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Forgot to add 2. Would like to see a Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bepop live action film. Those are about the only two animes I think would actually do very well as movies as they arent completely rediculous. Hell Cowboy Bepop would just be like a Boba Fett movie with just more bounty hunters and everyone loves Boba Fett.
    Han Solo doesn't like Boba Fett...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    there is editting for a reason...you also forgot the *folds arms beneath breasts*
    Yeah and we can skip Crossroads of Twilight entirely. I love the series, but damn, that book can be skipped.
    Putin khuliyo

WoT would be better suited for a TV series than a movie (movies wouldn't do it justice, at all. So much... everything... in those books). Like how they are doing Game of Thrones.

As for movie adaptations: I'd like to see the Circle of Magic book series (by Debra Doyle, not the one by Tamara whatshername) and Record of Lodoss War anime
    That's really about the only two I can think of.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Yeah and we can skip Crossroads of Twilight entirely. I love the series, but damn, that book can be skipped.
    crossroads of twilight? i don't even remember what happens in that book. or was that the one where everyone goes "WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?"

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Han Solo doesn't like Boba Fett...
    Han and Leah's daugher Jaina trained under Boba Fett because she was inspired by a gift that he sent to her father. The movies dont tell everything. Which reminds me. We need more Star Wars movies to show everything that happens after Return of the Jedi.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Han and Leah's daugher Jaina trained under Boba Fett because she was inspired by a gift that he sent to her father. The movies dont tell everything. Which reminds me. We need more Star Wars movies to show everything that happens after Return of the Jedi.
    i know, but han still doesn't like him. he may not hate him, but he doesnt like him either. bellieve me, ive read the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheel of Time, Diablo into a movie, or Dresden Files/Codex Aleria.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Deathgate Cycle would make an awesome movie series.
    The Coldfire Trilogy would also be pretty sweet.

On WoT: Something important-ish happened in Crossroads, but I just can't remember what. It's probably something they could shoehorn into the movie before.

On Dragonlance: It would have to be Chronicles, Lost Chronicles, and Legends to make sense.

On Diablo: Wouldn't you rather play the movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Crossroads of Twilight can just be thrown in as a montage during the end of Winter's Heart, where the scene just skips to every notable channeler staring off in the distance with a look of surprise on their face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    On WoT: Something important-ish happened in Crossroads, but I just can't remember what. It's probably something they could shoehorn into the movie before.
    Yeah, Elayne picked a pretty dress. That's about it. Honestly, I think something did happen, but most of the book was just slow and it ended with nothing from the previous book resolved.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there was a handful of semi-important Mat/Tuon stuff.

If, and only if it could be filmed right and done to the highest quality,

The Catcher in the Rye.

It will never happen however because im pretty sure any director who did that even slightly wrong would end up shot or worse.

The pillow man would be pretty cool to see, actually most plays I would be fine being made into a movie simply due to the fact it is really freaking hard to see a play of the script you want and when it does come around you get a chance to see it, no telling it would be done good.

As for a more easier to turn into film movie, I would say The Secret History, it would work well, not excellent but it is more doable.

And for something that would be very doable, a for sure hit, and an awesome horror film, a Slender Man film. If done right it could be a great horror film that also feeds off the current slendy craze.

As for video games I would like to see a movie of,

I would like a short animation film of the indie game Nihilumbra, it would be brilliant.

As for something more mainstream, Uncharted would be a great mainstream film, as well as (if done right) a Legend of Zelda film.
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2012-11-28 at 05:23 AM.

Deleted
    I'd like to see a "The dark tower" movie. Done right obviously not Roland becoming some sort of action hero rambo style : |

Oh I'd like to see a Dragon age: origins movie aswell. Can't get enough dragon age

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I would do a high budget showtime/hbo version of the Dresden files based on the actual books. p.s. just got the latest one, so far soooo OMFG good.

The White Mountains trilogy by John Christopher. I'd love to see some big-screen adaptations. The old British TV adaptation was OK, but it veered off the rails in season 2 and then never wrapped up the story.

I'd also like to see a series based on the Myth Adventure books by Robert Asprin (R.I.P.)

- MJ