Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Harry Turtledove's Balance/Worldwar series.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Assuming they are well done, Wheel of Time and Malazan Book of the Fallen.

They'd both probably have to be TV series instead of movies.
    I seriously need to read both these series.

Deleted
    As some people have mentioned before, the Inheritance series, done right! Some real potential in that series... Too bad they blew ot with the first movie <.<

Why would I want people to cut out most of my favorite tv-show or books in order to try and fit the story into a movie? I don't get it...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Enders Game is being made into a movie. as far as i recall i remember seeing it posted somewhere.
    honestly though, i hope they do the Bean Quartet, the Quartet for Ender is quite a bit more diplomatic and boring.

oh and as for casting for WoT goes, i can't say anything about who in what role, but Sam Elliot would obviously be Thom, and Rachel Weiszz would have to be Moiraine. thats been brought to you be Captain Obvious and the Letter "Duh"
    It would and wouldn't be hard to do Bean first.

By running Bean first you are downplaying Ender, the center of the entire series. However, with the way Ender's Shadow was written, it could stand as it's own story without even really knowing who Ender is.

I'd rather see Ender's Game done first, however it is unlikely, due to the age of which the "children" are.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 08:31 PM ----------

Bah, just looked up Ender's Game on IMDB... They already fucked up. Those kids are in their teens... Gonna ruin the whole damn thing.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

The Star Wars: Rogue Squadron series. Would have made an infinitely better set of movies than the prequel trilogy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    It would and wouldn't be hard to do Bean first.

By running Bean first you are downplaying Ender, the center of the entire series. However, with the way Ender's Shadow was written, it could stand as it's own story without even really knowing who Ender is.

I'd rather see Ender's Game done first, however it is unlikely, due to the age of which the "children" are.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 08:31 PM ----------

Bah, just looked up Ender's Game on IMDB... They already fucked up. Those kids are in their teens... Gonna ruin the whole damn thing.
    no no, what i was saying is do:
    Ender's Game (First book)
    Enders Shadow (Bean Series)
    the other 3 books from the Enders line get far too political and it would be largely wasted on making a movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    no no, what i was saying is do:
    Ender's Game (First book)
    Enders Shadow (Bean Series)
    the other 3 books from the Enders line get far too political and it would be largely wasted on making a movie.
    Ah. I get it.

However, that would, in essence, be telling the same story over again, just from a different PoV. Not something I think they would likely do.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    Ah. I get it.

However, that would, in essence, be telling the same story over again, just from a different PoV. Not something I think they would likely do.
    fine then, do EG and then the final 3 of the Bean Story Line.
    same reasons as before.

Some of H.G Wells' books could use good adaptations, particularly Island of Dr. Moreau. All the movies of his novels are either awful or sub par.
    An accurate Frankenstein too. The 1994 version was way too rushed and all the characters were in a frenzied panic, even during the calm scenes.