Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    If he does 50% of theoretical dps, it is still 5k dps gain. And bosses like Blade Lord will be easier if you have enough dps. If you don't, you won't have enough time for P2 and just can't kill him.
    Assuming he is equally skilled at both specs. If he sucks at his main spec, he will be even worse with an off-spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP says he doesn't make stupid mistakes, unlike others in his raid. So he stays alive til they wipe.
    He also says his dps is low on fights that aren't optimal for his spec, yet it is still within range not to run into enrage timers.
    As long as the enrage timer isn't hit, the dps is not too low.
    It could very well be read that they want someone with more op dps to carry their rather weak group.
    We simply don't know without knowing numbers and what they are doing actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he does 50% of theoretical dps, it is still 5k dps gain. And bosses like Blade Lord will be easier if you have enough dps. If you don't, you won't have enough time for P2 and just can't kill him.
    Or you could just.. well have more peeps that survive the swirls?

If you dont enjoy playing affliction, surely you could try demo. We are lucky to have 3 specs with pretty big difference in playstyles, and as for now Destro is the worste choise dps wise out of all 3 specs so try to adapt until things change.

Hell, you might even enjoy it when you get the hang of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    If you're tired of this stupid spec of the month game, do what I did and stop playing a pure DPS.
    Thats what i did and rolled a priest for the disc spec.

guess whats the shittiest healer in the game right now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post

Not disc priest?

Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Not disc priest?
    Ironic... disc priest is the best healer in game... not even kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Blame blizzard, their fault they cant balance specs. players cant be trusted to not be cunts.
    That is the same as blamming the gun and not the idiot that fired it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Ironic... disc priest is the best healer in game... not even kidding.
    They were recently buffed and as the size of the group goes down they get much worse. In 25s they are superstars in 1- they can become an issue depending on the other healer you have.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ympetn View Post
    Ater i read this thread, i tried destro.
    Nice Specc for Multitarget, not as bad as many think, but your bosses like tayak you should really widen your horizon on more then one specc.
    ty for pointin that out and gl on toes hc, even if i wish my old boys from genuine will be ger 1st again :>

A guild removing a kind, reasonable good dps ( non bottoming by a large margin ) from their raid sounds totally plausible. /sarcasm off

I have ( had ) some people raid destro with me in my squad and when their dps is just unacceptably low I tell them that it is and most of the time they swap - I havent benched them but sometimes I was tempted to do so. Reason I didnt was because we didnt wipe of one dps being supbar , its usually more someone messing up big time on a mechanic causing a few fatalities.

Ideally players could / would swap for fights where their favourite flavour spec is severely underperforming, but the big pain in the butt however with swapping specs is that you need totally different secondary stats for them to perform optimal, hence most people tend to stick to one spec or two specs that have fairly similar optimization. In this case either affliction or demo is a clear winner for most non heroic raiding guilds. Imo anything between a 1-3% DPS difference is fine for these kind of guilds, but even in those guilds once the theoretical difference is > 10-20% AND you are not pulling your weight, they will ask you swap. Even with a difference this big , as long as you are above the middle I dont see them benching you as they probably know they have other players to fix as well. If you prefer to play a spec that is theoretically lower, you most likely have to work harder and think ahead a ton more to make it actually work for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Give us numbers and we can decide what's up.

Tho i'm not buying the they don't take me because im destro.

I'd believe they don't take me cause im destro and do 45 K dps tho.
    Agree with this. I don't see why any guild will bench someone if they are pulling their weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    you like to play destro? play it during dailies/5mans/whatever you do besides raiding, i like playing mm hunter, do i come to raid as mm ? no cause its incredibad in current content. The "i like this playstyle" argument is irrelevant when you play with 9-24 other ppl and drag them down.
    Right there with you. Love MM. Wouldn't embarrass myself or let down my friends and fellow hobbyists by showing up to raid in MM. SV was close enough that I ran that early, but when we started finding tighter DPS requirements (and our raid comp really doesn't give us a lot of leeway) even that got scrapped for the marginal increase afforded by BM. BM kinda sucks to play (though exotic pets are cool), but I deal with it because there are 9 other people in that raid who are trying and I don't want to be the asshole who's slacking off. The OP is apparently fine being that guy, and his raid leader felt differently. I have no sympathy.

Deleted
    Casual or no casual, if you want to raid with a progression raid you should use the best dps spec. Ofc you are allowed to play whatever you want, but then you also got to accept the consequences. Either find a guild that doesn't care which spec you are, but don't count too much on progression or go social and do lfr only.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    We have a destro lock in our guild and I would consider us very casual. We raid 4 hours a week total and we just cleared MV this week for the first time. However the same lock I'm tlaking about gets ranks on WOL and as such we would never tell him to go afflic as that would probably be a loss of dps for some one that is doing so well as destro.

The issue is never about "take spec X because you will auto be a dps god" but rather " you are not only playing a sub optimal spec, but you are also playing it badly". If you play a spec that has less potential but you play it really well then there is never any problems at all. Casual or not you must look at your own guilds progress to determine if it was a valid request. If you are stuck on boss X and more dps can help and you have player A in sub optimal spec pulling shit dps then a good start to kill boss X is have them swap specs for more dps!

Casual =/= bad play
    Rankings are per spec. As of right now, any arcane mage or marksmanship hunter who can get carried to a kill on Garalon 10N (not even heroic) will get a ranking in the top 12 in the world. Why? Nobody plays those specs because they're terrible. There are 11 total parses for MM and 11 for arcane.

Does that mean that they're suddenly good because they got a high world ranking? The top arcane mage parse is 83k. The worst is 60k. That top arcane DPS doesn't get you within 30k of a top 200 ranking for fire mages. The top MM hunter wouldn't get into the top 200 for beastmastery or the top 50 for survival, with the same numbers. (Ok, hunters are kinda terrible in general right now, which is killing me, but still. Asking somebody to change spec is a much different thing than asking them to change class.)

The problem with looking at the top ranked parses is that the best players (skill wise and gear wise) are playing the best simming spec. This makes the difference even bigger between the specs if you only look at the top dps.
    If the best players would use the other specs then the difference wouldnt be as huge.

Im not saying that the worse spec is as good as the best, Im just saying that looking at worldoflogs top parses is skewing it even more towards the better one.

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    Pretty much what topic says.Well,i wasnt kicked(casual guilds dont usually kick,unless you make drama)but i got the"we dont invite you in farmraids anymore,and progress raids only if there's a free spot"treatment.Thing is,

1)Im not a bad player.I perform the mechanics of a fight without making stupid mistakes(something players on my guild did plenty) and often offer advice on the fights we do.
    2)Yes,especially on non-havocable fights,dps is shit.Still,it's always acceptable for enrage timers.

Well nothing much to say,just venting.It's annoying that although lots of locks like playing destruction they're pretty much unable to play it(since my example shows that even casual guilds like mine that havent killed even normal mode Ta'yak yet benchkick you for it).

Also,600k chaos bolts on pull,wtf are people smoking.I got 4500 mastery,3900 crit,and havent broken ~460k ish crits with potion,double trinkets,and dark soul up.
    I would really like to see your armory.. 4500 mastery and 3900 crit sound like crap gear to me.. either way.. destro or affliction your dps isn't going to be great. I will gladly sim your toon and help you to figure out what spec is best given your gear....At lower gear lvls demononlogy was way better dps for my lock, until I hit 480ish..then affliction took over.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post

Disc priests are hands down the best healers in the game right now....
    Last edited by Bremmon; 2012-11-24 at 05:31 PM.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    Pretty much what topic says.Well,i wasnt kicked(casual guilds dont usually kick,unless you make drama)but i got the"we dont invite you in farmraids anymore,and progress raids only if there's a free spot"treatment.Thing is,

1)Im not a bad player.I perform the mechanics of a fight without making stupid mistakes(something players on my guild did plenty) and often offer advice on the fights we do.
    2)Yes,especially on non-havocable fights,dps is shit.Still,it's always acceptable for enrage timers.

Well nothing much to say,just venting.It's annoying that although lots of locks like playing destruction they're pretty much unable to play it(since my example shows that even casual guilds like mine that havent killed even normal mode Ta'yak yet benchkick you for it).

Also,600k chaos bolts on pull,wtf are people smoking.I got 4500 mastery,3900 crit,and havent broken ~460k ish crits with potion,double trinkets,and dark soul up.
    I know exactly where you're coming from! I only like Holy spec on priests but I hate to heal so I demand raids let me come as DPS holy spec because that's the spec and role I like and 24 people should just be inconvenienced and have to deal with the fact that I won't do as much dps as shadow priests.
    Last edited by eilonna; 2012-11-24 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eilonna View Post
    I know exactly where you're coming from! I only like Holy spec on priests but I hate to heal so I demand raids let me come as DPS holy spec because that's the spec and role I like and 24 people should just be inconvenienced and have to deal with the fact that I won't do as much dps as shadow priests.
    Wait, lol, Holy DPS? Why would you not go Disc? Penance, Divine Aegis, Shields, Pain Sup, Spirit Shell & Mastery that scales with your absorbs (i.e. no bad stats). Higher DPS and much better utility. Seriously... wow...

Or maybe I just got trolled. >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Or maybe I just got trolled. >_<
    oh I don't know, you think?

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    oh I don't know, you think?
    Dunno if he compared Destro to DPS'ing as Holy I think he's still really that clueless.