Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Just got kicked from my casual guild for refusing to play affliction-hug this kitten

Pretty much what topic says.Well,i wasnt kicked(casual guilds dont usually kick,unless you make drama)but i got the"we dont invite you in farmraids anymore,and progress raids only if there's a free spot"treatment.Thing is,

1)Im not a bad player.I perform the mechanics of a fight without making stupid mistakes(something players on my guild did plenty) and often offer advice on the fights we do.
    2)Yes,especially on non-havocable fights,dps is shit.Still,it's always acceptable for enrage timers.

Well nothing much to say,just venting.It's annoying that although lots of locks like playing destruction they're pretty much unable to play it(since my example shows that even casual guilds like mine that havent killed even normal mode Ta'yak yet benchkick you for it).

Also,600k chaos bolts on pull,wtf are people smoking.I got 4500 mastery,3900 crit,and havent broken ~460k ish crits with potion,double trinkets,and dark soul up.

So you're doing shit DPS, you know you do, yet you don't want to swap speccs that will increase your DPS cause you are fine on enrage timers? I see no reason why this raid should carry you? Casual does not mean that you are allowed to be bad and drag down your raid. I see no problem with what has happend to you.

Deleted
    1)Im not a bad player.I perform the mechanics of a fight without making stupid mistakes(something players on my guild did plenty) and often offer advice on the fights we do.
    2)Yes,especially on non-havocable fights,dps is shit.Still,it's always acceptable for enrage timers.

Dunno,but i think that being on a casual guild that doesnt have a spectacular progress does kinda mean that if you're doing enough dps to avoid a wipe(aka doing your part) is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    So you're doing shit DPS, you know you do, yet you don't want to swap speccs that will increase your DPS cause you are fine on enrage timers? I see no reason why this raid should carry you? Casual does not mean that you are allowed to be bad and drag down your raid. I see no problem with what has happend to you.
    I agree. Raiding is not about how you like to play the game, it never has been. You play with whatever style and specc that will benefit the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casual doesn't mean baddies.

But without numbers it's hard to say how your DPS is.
    If everyone else is doing 80k DPS and you are pulling 40k (example) then I'm sure I wouldn't take you either if I can get a proper DPS.

To me, as casual player, it makes sense.

Deleted
    I see their point. The difference between affli and destruction is about 10k, according to simcraft that is, 10k DPS over a 10min fight makes a HUGE difference.
    But I also get your point, that affli is boring to play. The best advice would be to find an even more casual guild, and if not, then go destru

Find a more casual guild who doesn't care what spec you are? Really not sure what else you were lookin for here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post

Dunno,but i think that being on a casual guild that doesnt have a spectacular progress does kinda mean that if you're doing enough dps to avoid a wipe(aka doing your part) is enough.
    Sitting bad dps in raids (even farms) sounds about right. The kick was a bit harsh though. I'm guessing you pissed someone off.

10+ Year Old Account
    you like to play destro? play it during dailies/5mans/whatever you do besides raiding, i like playing mm hunter, do i come to raid as mm ? no cause its incredibad in current content. The "i like this playstyle" argument is irrelevant when you play with 9-24 other ppl and drag them down.

Deleted
    If the others are indeed doing better, and they know that you're not going to be any better than you are, I can't see any problem in it. Just because your guildies are performing more than enough to meet the enrage timer doesn't mean you should do less. Just find a new guild that suits you. If all guilds that you can accept think you're shit, then it's apparently your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    Pretty much what topic says.Well,i wasnt kicked(casual guilds dont usually kick,unless you make drama)but i got the"we dont invite you in farmraids anymore,and progress raids only if there's a free spot"treatment.Thing is,

Well nothing much to say,just venting.It's annoying that although lots of locks like playing destruction they're pretty much unable to play it(since my example shows that even casual guilds like mine that havent killed even normal mode Ta'yak yet benchkick you for it).

Also,600k chaos bolts on pull,wtf are people smoking.I got 4500 mastery,3900 crit,and havent broken ~460k ish crits with potion,double trinkets,and dark soul up.

Take Afflic as off spec? Just a thought.

Your guild is doing right. Your DPs is bad, you KNOW it and you refuse to change it. I would of said the same thing to you lol.

If you're tired of this stupid spec of the month game, do what I did and stop playing a pure DPS.

Deleted
    Sitting bad dps in raids (even farms) sounds about right. The kick was a bit harsh though. I'm guessing you pissed someone off.
    Well,i wasnt kicked(casual guilds dont usually kick,unless you make drama)but i got the"we dont invite you in farmraids anymore,and progress raids only if there's a free spot"treatment.

Find a more casual guild who doesn't care what spec you are? Really not sure what else you were lookin for here.
    More casual than being stuck on Ta'yak normal?

Thing is,if the mentality of"you're playing the suboptimal spec in raids,so you're not suitable to raid even with a casual,low progress guild" shows WoW has really gone off the deep end.

Deleted
    Mines do 970k full buffs if I'm lucky with procs at the pull...

You have just to perform best. The borderline between bad/casual/good/pro players etc. is how many effort do you want to spend for your raid. Pro usually means buying 100k+ BOE items on expansion launch, wasting 200-500k or more for BMAH PVE items, dropping professions for best atm (personally me cannot drop almost full-game-recipes JC for engineering despite eng is definitely better) and so on. Being casual and being unable to switch dps spec for your raid because your current one is bad makes you a bad player not just a casual.

Deleted
    Mines do 970k full buffs if I'm lucky with procs at the pull...
    Oo(and yes,im not a retard,ofc i use GoSac)

Deleted
    The problem with these kind of arguments is that the word ''casual'' (or hardcore for that matter) doesn't have a set in stone definition. For you, casual might mean just messing around and throwing pretty flames at the raid boss. For someone from a more heroic orientated raiding guild casual might mean clearing normal modes. I personally consider casual not raiding at all, and only logging in to do dailies, dungeons and scenarios or whatever you feel like doing at that point.

I don't consider your guild casual if they asked you to switch specs for their raid, but if I was in that guild I wouldn't have even invited you in the first place. But that's just my opinion of course.

The guild took the right course of action, but maybe handled it poorly.

All raiding guilds, casual or hardcore need to down bosses and that means that everyone pulls their weight. Knowing full well that you're not doing the best DPS you could achieve and then doing nothing about it is a pretty poor attitude in my view. I would certainly kick you from my raiding team.

Sorry to say but it seems like you're expecting to be carried along, purely because it is a casual guild. Casual doesn't mean you're bad at raiding, or even slack at raiding. It just means you don't commit a large amount of your time into it. That actually means what little time you are raiding, needs to be pretty good.

Remember this;

Hardcore - Plays a lot of hours in the game.
    Casual - Plays a few hours of the game.

Nowhere does it mention being slack, bad or lazy is acceptable. I've known people how play double my raiding schedule, and are behind us on progress. I also know people who only raid two nights a week, and are working Heroic content before me. These terms are definitions of time commitments, not attitude or skill.

Deleted
    The problem with these kind of arguments is that the word ''casual'' (or hardcore for that matter) doesn't have a set in stone definition. For you, casual might mean just messing around and throwing pretty flames at the raid boss. For someone from a more heroic orientated raiding guild casual might mean clearing normal modes. I personally consider casual not raiding at all, and only logging in to do dailies, dungeons and scenarios or whatever you feel like doing at that point.
    Ok,my definition of casual is"clearing normal modes after several weeks of tries and with some difficulty".Yeah,raids where minmaxing your dps is not as important as not failing on the encounter mechanics.