10+ Year Old Account

Question Why do you love playing a Druid ?

Wy do you love your Druid? I love the adaptability to any situation you get your self into. If I take to much damage I can go bear. If I need to sneak around an enemy I can go kitty and prowl. If I need to dps a target down quick I can go later chicken. And if I need to heal myself I can. Druid is. Y favorite class, what are the key points my fellow Druids that you like.
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Deleted
    Do you have to love your druid? Because I don't.

Leveling at the beginning of an expac is bearable as a Druid. Doing the horrible dailies we were forced to do at the start of this expac is better as a Druid.

Otherwise, it's pretty meh to bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the RP feel of the Druid class way more than any other. I dig on the idea of Championing the earth and natural balance. The idea of shapeshifting is really appealing to me too.

As far as in game, I love stealth, by far my favorite ability in game. Typhoon is awesome as well though I still feel bitter about it being gimped vs the Shammy version (directional knockback should knockback farther than AOE knockback).
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

swift flight form.
    prowl in cat.
    easy self heal.
    good dmg burst.
    best "spread multi target" class - boomkin.

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    Wy do you love your Druid? I love the adaptability to any situation you get your self into. If I take to much damage I can go bear. If I need to sneak around an enemy I can go kitty and prowl. If I need to dps a target down quick I can go later chicken. And if I need to heal myself I can. Druid is. Y favorite class, what are the key points my fellow Druids that you like.
    Pretty much the same reasons you listed. Versatility

Just shifting to an animal. Ever since reading Animorphs as a teenager it's one of my wishes if I could granted one. You know, those impossible wishes that would just be really great. Just shift to bird and fly away. Shift to orca and explore the ocean. That really sealed it for me. Druid forever. It feels like the class was just made for me. Oh and being so resourceful in all situations! Heal, tank, dps, innervate, ress, all in a single fight!
    Last edited by SneakySams; 2012-11-22 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Link, just because

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    swift flight form.
    prowl in cat.
    easy self heal.
    good dmg burst.
    best "spread multi target" class - boomkin.
    Sadly, I think a good Spriest beats out moonkin dot spreading, except maybe with CA up.

run speed
    instant flight

I would drop my druid like a hot turd if they ever removed either of those

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the fast paced combat Feral provides. While I also love the more controlled burst Boomkin provide. I also really like the Resto druid's HoT and survivability.

Just everything that the druid has is appealing to me. I like putting up strong, hard hitting bleeds while I also really like putting up fast ticking dots.

It's just... WOW!

One of the main reasons I love my druid is because it was my first toon. Call me sentimental, but I really love my druid because I saw the world first through him and learned how to play through the Feral kitties playstyle. He'll always be my main, no matter the placement of kitties on the charts.

I also love being a druid just because of how awesome the many different aspects to being us are. As mentioned, the bleeds and sheer ferocity of the Feral playstyle has always been something I loved (being the first spec I ever truly came to understand). Among the greatness of kitties there is a plethora to love about my druid and druids in general. Long live the druids =D !

Quote Originally Posted by Blublazefire View Post
    sheer ferocity of the Feral playstyle has always been something I loved
    I used to feel this way when ferocious bite hit hard, it was fun to set up bleeds and blast people with massive bites.. now ferocious bite is a wet noodle :'(

So I can tell anyone in the raid Im only 5 seconds away from respeccing and doing their job better than they do.

Seriously though, the scene in the opening cinematic where the tauren is sprinkling dust over mulgore always seemed kinda druidy, so I made a druid.

also, JOHN FUCKING MADDEN!
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakySams View Post
    Just shifting to an animal. Ever since reading Animorphs as a teenager it's one of my wishes if I could granted one. You know, those impossible wishes that would just be really great. Just shift to bird and fly away. Shift to orca and explore the ocean. That really sealed it for me. Druid forever. It feels like the class was just made for me. Oh and being so resourceful in all situations! Heal, tank, dps, innervate, ress, all in a single fight!
    Animorphs yeah! Basically, I know I'd sure love to be able to turn into the animals my Druid can. Hell, I'd even take the crappy original models if I could do it in real life. Can you imagine being able to fly anywhere you want? Spend hours in solitude under some waves? That'd be great! And both were things I wished for frequently as a kid, as I loved pools, too.
    In-game though I do really just love the versatility. Without even changing specs I can always provide something to a group, and being able to quickly change specs to do a totally different role without having to play a different class is nice. I still level plenty of alts, but it's just so nice not having to log if someone asks for a certain role.
    I also like our simplicity, though I do curse it at times, especially when I'm tanking. But it's nice having a class that doesn't require a ton of outside research or gear-managing to be decent at. I'd hate having to be like the melee classes that are constantly respec'ing and looking for new weapons simply based on annoying game mechanics like swing time and weapon DPS. This I always figured was related to Druids having all the different roles, so they had to split the whole number of spells between 4 relatively distinct specs, instead of having 3 specs that all sort of do the same thing a la Mage/Hunter.

The last thing I like about Druids is just tied to graphics really. I've become a bit of a model hound of late and just really enjoy pretty models, so I'm loving all the form updates and the little customization options we've had added over the years. Plus Druids get some really nice tier sets. Okay, some are pretty ugly, too, but as far as following a theme or feel of a class goes Druids are pretty well-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    so I'm loving all the form updates and the little customization options we've had added over the years.
    Stag form doesnt have eyes

Enjoy your glyph of cheetah!

Versatility (every spec feels very different, not just because of mechanics but also because of different forms. feels more versatile than other hybrid classes, such as shaman or paladin).

Shapeshifting into animals still rocks.

And swift flight form is a blessing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

I love my Druid because when i first started playing mid Wrath, I would go to pugs or be in Dungeons and see this Tree jumping around, flailing its arms and think 'that looks really fun' and had to make one.

I have always liked the HOT healing style, and Feral is just so involved when DPSing, love them both. Being a Tree, or a giant chickenowl, or a Cat in the middle of all the more Human looking characters still makes me feel special.

The moonkin dance. And the fact that you can herb while in flightform without breaking it. So u can fly down, pick a herb, and fly up again while other classes have to fly down, herb, and suffer the mount-up casting time.

Deleted
    Running around with my hands up while healing !