Deleted

Heroic Protectors in ToES

So anyone thats been progressing / killed these... how hard are they, how do they rank compared to other heroics? also i heard some1 say lei shi is similar difficulty but tsulong is a little harder than the both of em

would love to know how protectors are compared to some of the HoF heroics

thanks

Deleted
    I doubt people want to give out much information on that at this point.

Heroic protectors seem to be bugged for some people, so hard to say something about that. On the other hand Lei Shi seems to be the easiest of the 4 bosses on heroic, since guilds that have killed it on heroic spent the least time on it. What i wonder is the toughness of Sha actually. Not down yet and no one says anything about it.

Deleted
    We've attempted Heroic Protectors but gave up, when people got hit for 100k+ sha crap. Dungeon journal clearly says 50k dmg but the reality was 100k+ for each tick. Try healing through that with 2 healers who have to dispel and the one of the tanks taking 250k from the Lightning Bolt at the same time.

Edit: Just realized that not all of our raiders picked up the buff "Cleansing Waters" and that actually might be the reason why the dmg was so high. Will have to check that, when we get back. But if Cleansing Waters negate a large chunk of the dmg from the Sha ability, I see no reason why this boss should be hard.

What makes me wonder though, is the relatively small amount of guilds who've killed it on heroic.
    Last edited by mmoc3a262a3a21; 2012-11-23 at 12:14 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the dungeon journal does state 50k which would make the fight easily two healed (at least the non-elite version) but we were experiencing WELL above 100k ticks throughout the two nights we tried the encounter.

I'm not complaining because the 100k ticks we were experiencing the FIRST night of attempts (Tuesday) did seem like it could be manageable if we made proper use of cleansing water and just did our CDs properly. You can't always count on getting cleansing waters depending on how you do adds or when the lightning prisons go out, but you should try and get the buff, especially if you have touch of sha on you.

What seemed off to us is that the second night of attempts (Wednesday) was a completely different story. Touch of sha was now doing 132k and by the tenth attempt of the night it was randomly ticking for 156k on people in our raid. Which is completely broken in my eyes.

Before you ask no we weren't letting sha hit the boss (unless it was a wipe) and yes all three protectors were still up.

What we think was happening is attempts where we killed one of the protectors or let minions through was sometimes rolling over the percent damage increase on the NEXT attempts, which is why we were seeing really weird numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Well the dungeon journal does state 50k which would make the fight easily two healed (at least the non-elite version) but we were experiencing WELL above 100k ticks throughout the two nights we tried the encounter.

I'm not complaining because the 100k ticks we were experiencing the FIRST night of attempts (Tuesday) did seem like it could be manageable if we made proper use of cleansing water and just did our CDs properly. You can't always count on getting cleansing waters depending on how you do adds or when the lightning prisons go out, but you should try and get the buff, especially if you have touch of sha on you.

What seemed off to us is that the second night of attempts (Wednesday) was a completely different story. Touch of sha was now doing 132k and by the tenth attempt of the night it was randomly ticking for 156k on people in our raid. Which is completely broken in my eyes.

Before you ask no we weren't letting sha hit the boss (unless it was a wipe) and yes all three protectors were still up.

What we think was happening is attempts where we killed one of the protectors or let minions through was sometimes rolling over the percent damage increase on the NEXT attempts, which is why we were seeing really weird numbers.
    We also had the issue of the ticks increasing, it almost seemed like they didn't reset. But then I talked to a friend from Apex who said, that he didn't believe it was bugged. So I'm not sure and I mean, there's a big difference on a world top 10 guild and the rest of us. So them being able to kill it, doesn't have to mean that it isn't actually broken.

Fro what I saw on our attempts 120k was the base tick before damage reductions. We had 168k ticks and others reported 132k and 156k - probably 144k as well. Increments of 10%. I think Greater Corrupted Esssence is staying on the boss between attempts. Should be fixed sometime soon.

Deleted
    The ticks of Touch of Sha for us were high as well, but the first protector is quite the cakewalk. The add spawn rate increases quite a lot (almost doubles, I think) for each protector killed, which we feel, is where the fight begins.

We do have a strategy in plan for it, but we'll be finishing Heart of Fear first. Amber-Shaper Learn'to'Play is "hard".

Protectors are really easy if you have the gear and the right tactic. We've banged our head over this boss for quite awhile untill we realised that we were doing it wrong. After changing the tactic it went down w/o any problems on 2nd or 3rd pull

Did you kill Kaolan or Regail first?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    Protectors are really easy if you have the gear and the right tactic. We've banged our head over this boss for quite awhile untill we realised that we were doing it wrong. After changing the tactic it went down w/o any problems on 2nd or 3rd pull
    Im guessing ur not going to share said tactic

Blood Legion has their kill video out, so there's a source to see if your tactics are lining up with theirs or have room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    Im guessing ur not going to share said tactic
    Of course I could but none really asked for em. Besides, what Huntindawg said, videos are out and u can see what people are doing
    Last edited by Makarena; 2012-11-23 at 04:36 PM.

So if I see that right, BL's tactic is:

- do not spread but have all bosses and players stacked up to get the cleansed buff every time
    - only dispell the boss you currently try to kill
    - players with prison run out of the camp
    - two players are asigned to kill the adds until they have 9 stacks and then burn the boss
    - kick every lightning bolt if possible (won't be in 10men?)

You have to manage the debuffs abit better. The fight is still a dps check so you need to take this into account and the fact that when you get a debuff or refresh it on yourself, you reset its duration back to 2minutes.
    If you got proper dispellers, you don't really need to move out with prison.
    I find water bolt more dangerous regarding interrupts.