Thread: SWToR Fansites?

SWToR Fansites?

I have looked all over the official forums and all over these forums yet I still cannot find any fansites for this game. Where are they for SWToR? Do they not exist because seemingly everyone absolutely despises this game? Please don't tell me this forum is the only place to go because there is almost nothing constructive in here.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    I have looked all over the official forums and all over these forums yet I still cannot find any fansites for this game. Where are they for SWToR? Do they not exist because seemingly everyone absolutely despises this game? Please don't tell me this forum is the only place to go because there is almost nothing constructive in here.
    There used to be tons of fansites for TOR. The problem is that the exodus in January and February included many of the guys who had made fansites. By March and April the fansites' traffic had vanished, and so the fansites started to as well. There are a few left but forum wise? About the only "active" one you will find, besides the official board of course, is this one. And yes, the irony of it being a curse site for another game when the curse site for the game's forum is pretty dry, is not lost on most folks.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hater easily has the most content. Their team is dedicated and create a ton of quality pieces. SirRobin hit the nail on the head about their forum though.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    http://dulfy.net/ for fresh information.
    http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/ (sithwarrior) used to be very good for endgame and theorycrafting and what not. No clue if those guys are still there.

Thanks guys.

you actually need fans for that, but those have diminished drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    you actually need fans for that, but those have diminished drastically.
    And with this having been on the forums for almost 24 hours, you are the first person to come in here and give no useful information. Just spitting more venom. Contrary to popular belief of the vocal minority on these or any other forums, I see the many servers on heavy most of the time. Not all of the time, and not all of the servers. The only ones that don't climb above standard are the PvP servers, which I gives me a slight giggle for some odd reason. Screw 'em, those can disintegrate.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    www.torwars.com always has some good info.

www.AskMrRobot.com comes in handy too! (Character profiles, parser, skilltrees)

www.torparse.com (damage parser again)

older entries from www.simulationcraft.com (scrolling down provides some profiles of specific speccs)

www.darthhater.com and dulfy.net for fresh informations

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/index.php

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Darth and Dulfy are really the only ones like people mentioned. I was so excited when torhead launched, since I've used wowhead religiously over the years. Sadly it never got the feeback from the player population it requires to sustain that site and has been out of date for as long as I've ever seen. It was very frustrating trying to find a site that had actual instructional comments regarding specific quests and loot drops, because they don't really exist for this game.

Mostly the sites are there to give you updated news, but not much else. If you can put up with people being brutally honest, you'll find these are really the best forums you could talk about the game. It just comes with the caveat that it's the same 20 people talking over and over. We'll definitely respond though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    And with this having been on the forums for almost 24 hours, you are the first person to come in here and give no useful information. Just spitting more venom. Contrary to popular belief of the vocal minority on these or any other forums, I see the many servers on heavy most of the time. Not all of the time, and not all of the servers. The only ones that don't climb above standard are the PvP servers, which I gives me a slight giggle for some odd reason. Screw 'em, those can disintegrate.

When there's only 8 servers, it's not hard to make them look full. Especially when "full" was regarded as 500+ by BioWare when TOR launched ..... just saying

Thanks again for the info all.