Steam/Black Ops II - Showing my personal info in-game?

Hey all,

This has proven to be an extremely helpful community, so I figured I'd ask you all first. While playing Black Ops II Multiplayer, it's constantly showing my email address from my Steam account which is my first/last name... This is not something I'm happy with and I can't seem to find a setting to disable it. I've changed my Profile name and it often shows up in-game, but every now and then I'll check the leaderboard and see it's using my first/last name instead.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Steam > community > Profile > Edit my profile on the right side > remove real name

Not really sure if this would work, it's probably a bug.

Hmm, I don't actually have a real name entered there. It's displaying in-game as firstname.lastname which is the same setup as my email, so I'm assuming that since I don't have a real name entered into Steam, it's just displaying my email address.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it a new steam account? It's possible that you don't have a name set yet so it's just using what it can. Iirc it used my account name when I made my steam account and I didn't want that publicly available so I changed it to something different.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Unfortunately not. This is the 3rd game I've purchased in the last year and a half under this account. I think it's time to contact support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, Steam support is a myth, but user based steam support is sometimes decent....try the Steam forums...you might find your answer there.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Get in Black Ops 2 and wait for it to load. Once the game-menu pops up, hit shift-tab. This should cause the steam overlay to pop up. Go to the bottom of your screen and click "Settings." Type in a new profile name.

Let me know if it works!
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Get in Black Ops 2 and wait for it to load. Once the game-menu pops up, hit shift-tab. This should cause the steam overlay to pop up. Go to the bottom of your screen and click "Settings." Type in a new profile name.

Let me know if it works!
    Seems to be working so far... Thanks! I'll update if the issue arises again. Thanks all so much!

Glad to be of assistance
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu