Deleted

Will of the Emperor Titan Spark soakers

Finding it very difficult to find a strategy that is going to work for this fight...

We've been on it a few days & we had hunter which made it relatively easy. Anyway, we don't have one right now, and we need to figure out a work-around

We have available

Monk / Warrior / Pally tank
    Mage
    Warlock
    Retri Pally
    Balance Druid
    Resto Druid
    Holy Priest
    Shadow Priest
    2x Elemental Shaman

I know it works if the monk goes DPS & the Pally tanks, but I'm trying to avoid that since monk seems way way better on this fight for tanking. We've had the mage soaking all the str/courages. Can the warlock soak with teleport? I know the pally can soak with Divine Shield, the priest with dispersion, but that still leaves us with a lot that aren't soaked.

2 rages - 0:10 |
    1 strength - 0:25 |
    2 rages - 0:42 |
    1 courage - 1:00 |
    1 strength - 1:15 |
    2 rages - 1:15 |
    2 rages - 1:55 |
    1 strength - 2:10 |
    2 rages - 2:27 |
    1 courage - 2:50 |
    1 strength - 3:00 |
    2 rages - 3:00 |

<< transition >>

[Note: timings are from different vid, from the vid above this phase starts at 4:20]

2 rages - 2:37 |
    1 strength - 2:53 |
    2 rages - 3:10 |
    1 courage - 3:27 |
    1 strength - 3:40 |
    2 rages - 3:40 |

<< transition >>

2 rages - 5:05
    1 strength - 5:22
    2 rages - 5:40
    1 courage - 5:55
    1 strength - 6:10
    2 rages - 6:10

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 05:14 PM ----------

I guess we could use Dark Bargain too, that fucker does a lot of damage though

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 05:21 PM ----------

Heh gunna go with 1 SPriest, 2 Monk tank, 3/4 Pally Divine Shield, 5/6 SPriest. Next wave are 1 Warlock 2/3 SPriest, then 1 Pally 2/3 SPriest. If you see any other possibilities let me know though, or any tricks!
    Last edited by mmoc053e24f82b; 2012-11-22 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    Finding it very difficult to find a strategy that is going to work for this fight...

We've been on it a few days & we had hunter which made it relatively easy. Anyway, we don't have one right now, and we need to figure out a work-around

We have available

Monk / Warrior / Pally tank
    Mage
    Warlock
    Retri Pally
    Balance Druid
    Resto Druid
    Holy Priest
    Shadow Priest
    2x Elemental Shaman

I know it works if the monk goes DPS & the Pally tanks, but I'm trying to avoid that since monk seems way way better on this fight for tanking. We've had the mage soaking all the str/courages. Can the warlock soak with teleport? I know the pally can soak with Divine Shield, the priest with dispersion, but that still leaves us with a lot that aren't soaked.

2 rages - 0:10 |
    1 strength - 0:25 |
    2 rages - 0:42 |
    1 courage - 1:00 |
    1 strength - 1:15 |
    2 rages - 1:15 |
    2 rages - 1:55 |
    1 strength - 2:10 |
    2 rages - 2:27 |
    1 courage - 2:50 |
    1 strength - 3:00 |
    2 rages - 3:00 |

<< transition >>

[Note: timings are from different vid, from the vid above this phase starts at 4:20]

2 rages - 2:37 |
    1 strength - 2:53 |
    2 rages - 3:10 |
    1 courage - 3:27 |
    1 strength - 3:40 |
    2 rages - 3:40 |

<< transition >>

2 rages - 5:05
    1 strength - 5:22
    2 rages - 5:40
    1 courage - 5:55
    1 strength - 6:10
    2 rages - 6:10

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 05:14 PM ----------

I guess we could use Dark Bargain too, that fucker does a lot of damage though

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 05:21 PM ----------

Heh gunna go with 1 SPriest, 2 Monk tank, 3/4 Pally Divine Shield, 5/6 SPriest. Next wave are 1 Warlock 2/3 SPriest, then 1 Pally 2/3 SPriest. If you see any other possibilities let me know though, or any tricks!
    I will say this. You for sure do not want a ranged dps to the second set of sparks when the courage is coming out. You want your ranged dps ready to go to the courage asap. While yes you could wait and try to coordinate it we found it sometimes rng to not be in our favor and sparks would pick people too far apart for a cool down. But it is doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the warlock is soaking with Dark Bargain make sure he is using Unending Resolve at the same time, it will cut down on the size of the DoT he gets by quite a bit. Taking Dark Regen will also help with the DoT. DB + UR taking two orbs he will get a dot that ticks for about 60k, which with Dark Regen will be pretty easy to heal through.

I would also highly suggest if you are short on cooldowns to just dps the first few waves, before the bosses actually spawn. You should have some free time at this point and isn't worth spending cds to get rid of the sparks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I will say this. You for sure do not want a ranged dps to the second set of sparks when the courage is coming out. You want your ranged dps ready to go to the courage asap. While yes you could wait and try to coordinate it we found it sometimes rng to not be in our favor and sparks would pick people too far apart for a cool down. But it is doable.
    We hard cc wave 5 for that reason and kill together with wave 6, then the shadow priest soaks all 4 sparks.

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    We hard cc wave 5 for that reason and kill together with wave 6, then the shadow priest soaks all 4 sparks.
    Ya that's a good point and requires decent coordination between making sure all 4 sparks die together and same time.

Easiest route for sure, find a hunter. On our kill it was basically Hunter -> Monk -> Hunter, Rogue on strength spark and back up with feint talent, Mage cauterize on courage, and moonkin symbiosis cloak and holy paladin bubble on back up.

Another thing to note, you need to basically wait until they start moving before you try and soak. So many times we tried to get them the second they started moving and either it's a bug or they are out of range in the air. We found if you just wait a few seconds after they move you will get them every time.

Overall the fight is pretty easy and should be around 20-40 pulls depending on your group in this gear. We saved lust for the end when the rages come out right away at 20% or so. We used CCs and stuns and just burned the boss. The boss died before the courage, but if it doesn't you need to be ready to slow it and just blow it up I guess. Enrage is right after the 3rd/last group of rages spawn at end. Everything breaks cc and runs 500%? faster. Spirit kings is another story....
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2012-11-23 at 09:02 AM.