Poll: Was the man correct to sue his wife?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Man sues wife for giving birth to ugly baby, and wins

edit: Never Mind, seems that it's false according to: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19195209

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://firsttoknow.com/man-sues-wife...baby/?did=1720

So this lady has operation to make herself good looking:

She marries a man who is good looking, but doesn't know she had the operation.
    After she has a baby, he figures she must have cheated because of what the baby looks like. After DNA test proves she didn't cheat, he finds out about operation, sues and wins money + divorce.

You guys good with it?
    Last edited by someotherguy; 2012-11-23 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Read about this a while ago

and all I have to say is http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...nd-clooney.jpg

Can't have been a lot of love from him

"All is well until attractive woman gives birth to a baby girl her husband finds so repulsive to look at he’s convinced his wife’s genes are responsible for the ugly baby."

sigh
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Um... I'd be kinda pissed if the person I married wasn't the person I married.

Why would you keep something like that a secret? I probably wouldn't SUE over it because that's insane... but I definitely wouldn't want to be with someone who felt it was unimportant to let me know they didn't always look like that.

It's like marrying someone and finding out years down the line that before you met them, they'd changed their last name from Hitler. It doesn't change who they are, but it's kind of a big thing to leave out.
    Last edited by Laize; 2012-11-22 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Ridiculous from both points.

First that the mother didn't tell him that she was like that before.

Second, the father is just a giant douche.

Third, what would the kid think? 'Your dad found you too ugly so he left'.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Um... I'd be kinda pissed if the person I married wasn't the person I married.

Why would you keep something like that a secret? I probably wouldn't SUE over it because that's insane... but I definitely wouldn't want to be with someone who felt it was unimportant to let me know they didn't always look like that.

It's like marrying someone and finding out years down the line that before you met them, they'd changed their last name from Hitler. It doesn't change who they are, but it's kind of a big thing to leave out.
    And obviously if you loved that person or at least appreciated their physique, BOOM suddenly love is gone? As for the telling part, I don't see the problem.

I voted 'no, he's a jerk' but at the same time, she díd mislead him. She should have told him about her change. It's just not something you leave out.
    At best, the withholding of this information would put a severe strain on the relationship.

In her specific case, though, I do agree with her choice of having surgery. It must be awful for people to assume you're some kind of retard based purely on your looks, and with looks like that, that will happen. A lot. Being ugly isn't necessarily a handicap, but looking like someone with down syndrome probably is, especially when you're mentally fine.

Deleted
    While I think that she should have told him of the operation, suing over that is a bit extreme. Then again, it's the law of the People's Republic of China so I'm not surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell is the child going to feel growing up knowing her father didn't love her because she was ugly.

God, ugly people can have attractive kids so I'm hoping this girl grows up to be gorgeous just to spite her father.

Yeah I heard that story quite some time ago... ridiculous. I couldn't care less if my wife used to be ugly, what matters is how she looks now. It would be indeed some sort of trust issue if she kept the operation a secret from me, but no way in hell I'd break up with her, sue her, take money from her and leave the kid because of that.

The award for The Biggest Jerk 2012 goes to this guy

babies all look about the same anyways.. probably he just wanted an excuse to divorce her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, if surgery worked for her to make her look good, why would it be different for her baby? Even still, it's not like attractiveness determines the worth of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

He's an asshole but I still kinda agree with him lol

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's China, what do you expect.
    Of course, because one guy from china is an asshole must mean all Chinese people are assholes >.<.

Reported for racism

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post

Of course, because one guy from china is an asshole must mean all Chinese people are assholes >.<.

Reported for racism
    I think he meant "China is more likely to allow the male to win a lawsuit like this" rather than "CHINESE PEOPLE ARE BAD!" I don't think racism or nation-bashing (well maybe a bit on the nation-bashing) was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    I think he meant "China is more likely to allow the male to win a lawsuit like this" rather than "CHINESE PEOPLE ARE BAD!" I don't think racism or nation-bashing (well maybe a bit on the nation-bashing) was intended.
    This is what I was thinking too. China upholds men to a higher being than women. It's not exactly uncommon knowledge.

Deleted
    I'm not trying to defend the woman but what the husband did is just outrageous.
    She should have told him what she used to look like but just because she didn't doesn't mean he should sue because their baby is ugly.
    Faith in humanity continues to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post

Reported for racism
    When'd I say they were all assholes? I was talking about the inane court case and how he won. China has a horrible reputation with equality, they built that up themselves. They wouldn't have that reputation if they didn't make such questionable choices.

Don't be naive. It's the same reason why I wouldn't be surprised if North Korea decided to kill a few thousand of their citizens tomorrow. Would you call me racist if I said then "what do you expect, it's North Korea"?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Seems legit to me. She's the one who lied.

Deleted
    I can sort of understand him, but at the same time, it's a bit over the top. If someone has undergone massive surgery, and I was to marry that person, I would really expect that person to have enough trust in me to talk about such surgery.

It is old but still quite funny and the thing that ran through my head was

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Are you kidding? Look at all the celebrities that people find so attractive. You think the majority of them looked like that naturally? Should they reveal their "true" selves (before their surgeries) to the people they meet and date?
    I'm not talking about celebrities (Most of whom I don't find that attractive anyway... except Emma Stone.). I'm talking about normal, everyday people.

Where do you want to draw the line of what's acceptable to hide from your SO? I draw it at "changing your entire face". Some people don't even draw it at "Used to be a man". Everyone has their own line and it's kind of silly for your to judge others for where they draw theirs.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 06:20 PM ----------

I should point out that it definitely sucks for the kid. I still don't feel bad for the wife though.

It really is pretty shitty to deceive someone like that.