10+ Year Old Account

Very high frost numbers on Tsulong?

I've been preparing for this fight and like most of you out there have been kicking some ass as fire. But upon looking at things like DPSbot, WoL etc. I'm noticing frost parsing soooo much higher on Tsulong. Now, as I know that these sites often times have higher parses due to gimmicks or "clever" mechanics used by people to push their numbers higher, I'm seeing frost DK's parsing high as well. Any insight? Is there a frost damage taken dbuff I'm missing? I know the fight and know the mechanics, but feel there is one glaring item I'm overlooking. Whatchu got for me MMO?

Happy Hunting

Royals

What I heard from all the mages in high end raiding guilds is that frost will pull ahead of arcane and fire on a lot of fights, the majority, so it is definitely fotm. Please don't tell anyone though because I like to play my mage as frost a lot and don't want it to change. lol

Thats all I can help you with
    Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guldur View Post
    What I heard from all the mages in high end raiding guilds is that frost will pull ahead of arcane and fire on a lot of fights, the majority, so it is definitely fotm. Please don't tell anyone though because I like to play my mage as frost a lot and don't want it to change. lol

Thats all I can help you with
    Well that is not quite true. Arcane currently is pretty terrible that is widely known. But Frost/Fire are really 6 one way 1/2 dozen the other on most fights, and a disparity of around 10% either way I would say play what you like. But I'm seeing around a 30% swing toward frost on Tsulong (approx. numbers) which is a huuuuuge difference than what you see on almost any other fight. Fire has been, overall, outperforming frost on most every fight. Now that is as a general rule and many skilled frost players out there are putting out competitive if not amazing numbers. But my question more pertains to this fight in particular. Possibly due to the phase changes and burst needed on adds? I'm not sure.

It's a bug with WoL, it's counting Tsulong during the day phase as a frost mages pet. You can just click on the people ranked and see exactly what I'm talking about, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol... oh lord, Ok, good to know I'm not going insane.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 11:57 AM ----------

Just for those who want a visual of what Jaylol just mentioned.

#1 Frost Parse:
    Actor: DPS: DPS(e):
    Berlinn 187018.4 140588.9
    Tsulong 106822.2 < Berlinn's Pet!! Lol

Thank you for bring that to my attention Jaylol, though I was missing something huge there. and was going to have to reforge/gem for just one fight.
    Last edited by royals; 2012-11-22 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Trying to get columns to match up

Deleted
    Well actually now that you say it(i know WoL is bugged). Im pretty hardcore fire.

But combustion timing on that boss is just horrible unless you get really lucky on pull and get a fast(good) combustion off + when CD comes back you need to get an ignite fast or already have it build up with good timing to get most of 2end combust before day. in practice you will only get 1-1½ combustion off before daytime. Even tried unglyphing it for that reason, but it just seemed even harder getting 3 combustions off unless you totally did not care about ignite.
    That combined with the add phase, orb on little ones/better dps for medium adds, frost might be better actually. Only problem i can see is the at times massive movement needed during night, though that hurts fire as well.
    Last edited by mmocd79892434a; 2012-11-23 at 03:33 AM.

I ran Tsulong as Fire today on LFR and there were two Frost mages there. They did slightly more dps than me but I did more total damage. I found it better to concentrate on one add at a time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    I ran Tsulong as Fire today on LFR and there were two Frost mages there. They did slightly more dps than me but I did more total damage. I found it better to concentrate on one add at a time.
    I meant if i went frost i would concentrate on 1 add at a time as well, and just drop orb into the little ones that spawn when the big one dies.
    And btw lfr is a pretty crappy place to compare dps, just saying =).

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    I meant if i went frost i would concentrate on 1 add at a time as well, and just drop orb into the little ones that spawn when the big one dies.
    And btw lfr is a pretty crappy place to compare dps, just saying =).
    esp when everyone stands on the sunbeam then gets feared all night long
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    As a mage currently playing fire, i think that fire is not the optimal spec for this fight, due to its mechanics.

As stX3, combustion timing is pretty bad, and it is more than useless in day phase.

Also, with the heavy movement in phase 1, you better take scorch instead of POM, wich can be a big disadvantage for building good combustions.

As frost however, shorter cast time for frostbolt during daytime is a plus, more cc (pet freeze and frostbolt snare), frost orb better timed with day/night phases, and using ice lance while moving is not a dps loss, compared to casting scorch.

Same goes for the next boss, he keeps disappearing/being immune, making it difficult to plan combustions.

I'd have to agree with frost probably being better for this fight. I played frost the first week and fire this week, and even though I may have not really done more dps as frost, it was a lot less annoying and brought more utility than fire. In the second phase, it's hard to even get 2 fireball casts off on the adds before they die and it just seems like I'm doing nothing in that phase. Pile that ontop of the screwy combustion timing, and it becomes a really unfun fight for fire. I'll probably go frost for that fight when we get to progressing on that heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shendow View Post

Also, with the heavy movement in phase 1, you better take scorch instead of POM, wich can be a big disadvantage for building good combustions.
    Sorry but, at least on normal, if you think this fight has heavy movement, you are pretty wrong, sure you need to move at times to reset your stacks, but you got IB, Pyro and Bomb refresh that give you 3-4 secs of movement when combined. And if you use blazing speed(which btw is freaking amazing if healers dont struggle on healing), you just wont find yourself in need of scorch. Now on heroic it is a tad bit different for many reasons, but still you dont need scorch in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    Well as Fire, it's hard to concentrate on one add...
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.