Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

State of Kentucky - Belive in god or get 12 months in jail

http://www.alternet.org/belief/year-...uting-atheists

Not much to argue about I suppose, everyone should understand how mind-blowingly idiotic it is and how extremely unconstitutional it is.
    Why do YOU think, that there are those that do this?

Disgusting.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    What would be the point of putting someone in jail for not believing? It's not going to make person religious. He might pretend he is religious, but is that any better? I really didn't think there would be a place like that in US, but I seem to be wrong.

hehe, reminds me of saudi

Deleted
    Seriously?!

Rofl, forcing people to believe such an idiot mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a red-state. What did you expect?

I believe in God, but the law is redefining stupidity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    What would be the point of putting someone in jail for not believing? It's not going to make person religious. He might pretend he is religious, but is that any better?
    To a totalitarian law like this and those that support it, it doesn't matter. The point is to force upon others, something that they do not agree with and to assert power over them.
    Like in any totalitarian state (we all know a few examples) it's often not a matter of truth.

GG America.

And if any calls this statement blind America bashing you're ignorant, if any other country even had the tiniest notion of this happening I'd bash it straight to hell as well.

And yes Kentucky is not the entirety of America, but reading the article and seeing how far it's been able to come so far is just a sign of complete legal retardation.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post

What's funny is the law was sponsored by a democratic state representative.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    This is blatantly unconstitutional. A simple appeal will tear this down.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor View Post
    GG America.

And if any calls this statement blind America bashing you're ignorant, if any other country even had the tiniest notion of this happening I'd bash it straight to hell as well.

And yes Kentucky is not the entirety of America, but reading the article and seeing how far it's been able to come so far is just a sign of complete legal retardation.
    This is a pretty damn large country, and each state is different. Its easy to get under the radar.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I think about it, isn't it supposed to be gods duty to punish the unbelievers? Isn't it technically blasphemous for men to punish for not believing in god? Or am I wrong here?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't seen this story before today, but as a life long resident of Kentucky I can't say I'm terribly surprised. There are plenty of people here that do things like this to make the rest of us look bad and reinforce the stereotypes about Kentucky.

Deleted
    wow, didn't know you had such religiously radical laws it reminds me of middle east

inb4 lock.

OT: this is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post

The sponsor is a member of the Democratic party. Good job reading the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Now that I think about it, isn't it supposed to be gods duty to punish the unbelievers? Isn't it technically blasphemous for men to punish for not believing in god? Or am I wrong here?
    Thats what I've always thought. I always tell people that if God is really real he'll punish me as he sees fit and it isn't their job. We have free will, we can believe what we want.

And this is why we make fun of Kentucky. This is ridiculous.

I thought it was crazy - but then I realized the state. I'm half surprised it doesn't carry the death penalty with it.