Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What does it feel like to get stung by a Wasp or Hornet?

Really wanna know

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Find a bee's nest and throw a rock at it?

A little pain wherever it manages to sting you at.

Words cannot describe feelings, we sadly are not quite evolved yet to that point.

If you really want to know, to get stung :P

Wasps also bite, not just sting.
    It feels like a burning sensation, its unpleasent but hardly "groundbreaking", been in far more pain from exercise.

kind of like getting a shot, then pouring lemon juice on it.

So have you guys ever been chased around by a swarm of them like in a Cartoon?

Deleted
    Kind of sore but more annoying. Been stung 3 times, neck, arm and eye...

Deleted
    Extremely painful, especially when you get stung right on the palm of your hand

Like a little pinch then kind of stiff and achy for a short while afterward where the venom spreads. If you're doing heavy physical activity or have a lot of adrenaline going when you're stung it's very possible to not even feel it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Really wanna know
    Like a sting, then some slight pain that will last about 10-15 minutes and the spot will swell up for about the same period.

My worst such experience was when I was in the countryside and slammed the yard gate a bit hard, which caused about 5 or 6 wasps that had a nest in a hole in the gate to come out but only one stung me. Even so, was scary as shit to have insects swarming around you.

Getting stung by wasps is preferable to getting stung by bees. The bee's stinger is jagged and becomes jammed in the skin, also killing the bee as they're pretty much attached to their stinger, and sometimes causes also an infection, not to mention it will stick there like a wood splinter and annoy you if you don't pull it out. The wasp's stinger is smooth and the insect can sting you and run away, unlike the bee.
    Last edited by mmoc6342521c29; 2012-11-22 at 11:19 PM.

Wasp stings feel like getting stabbed with a needle then have alcohol poured on it.

Hornets I have never been stung by but my mom has. She thought her hand was on fire and it had swollen up pretty bad.

Yea, I was picking raspberries once and stepped on a hive that was hidden unde brush. Ran away like a little girl with 3-4 stings on my ankles and calf

Wasp and hornet...

There is a difference. It's like asking "what does it feel like being hit by a coin or a loaded truck".

Wasp stings are annoying, think mosquito but bigger, more swollen, more painfull. Nothing big. Get stung by a hornet and consider yourself lucky if your limb will be fully usable in following days. And hurts like shit, really. Aha, one more, several (count: around 4-5) bites may lead you straight into the hospital.

I have been stung by bees, from the above posters it seems to be on par. Any of those with experience from both be able to compare? There generally is this belief that wasps and hornets stings are stronger than those of bees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Get stung by a hornet and consider yourself lucky if your limb will be fully usable in following days. And hurts like shit, really. Aha, one more, several (count: around 4-5) bites may lead you straight into the hospital.
    Ah seems more like people blur between a wasp and a hornet.

I've had a normal wasp, its a swear for 10 second moment, then its just annoying for the rest of the day

A hornet, is apparently 10 times worse, and I stay away from them, nothing worse than being in a attic with a nest of the fuckers

I was out in africa when I was a kid, and some sort of wasp / hornet landed on my cheek, I just thought it was a fly and smacked it, Worst Idea Ever, so much pain, no idea why I slapped it I could feel it was as big as my cheek (age 11/12) my cheek was swollen for the entire day, litrally 3/4 size of my head, until the staff gave me some tiger balm to make it go down
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only been stung once, and that was when I was much younger. All I really remember is a sharp pain that lasted for a few minutes. I was in Elementary School at the time; was sent to the nurse's office and was crying. XD

Deleted
    I don't know what a hornet looks like. Is it like a bigger wasp ?! The biggest such insect I saw was in the countryside of my country and they were about one third of you index finger. Never been stung by these monsters, though.

The wasps we have around here feel like a consistent painful shock of electricity
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

push a sewing needle about 3mm into you quickly, thats about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Well, imagine getting stung by a bee. You only get stung once right? A pissed off hornet will continue to sting your ass repeatedly. That's why you don't mess with a hornets nest unless you know what your doing. One of my friends got stung by one in the eye when he was a little kid, he was fucked up for a while.

No we are still alive. However i have gotten chased about an acre into my house when i was a little kid by abunch of pissed off bees. I got stung over 100 times and was sore for quite awhile. It was, thank god not a swarm of hornets.
    Last edited by skatblast; 2012-11-22 at 11:31 PM.