Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hurt like fuck, ofc depending on where and what kind of thing bites you but my experience over all with them is hurt like fuck.

It's like a paper cut. Unless you are allergic and then it's fucking horrible.

Deleted
    Got stung inside my hand when I was about 6 or 7. Remembering the pain made me terrified of them until I got stung this summer, hurts the first few seconds until i realized what happened, so I guess the surprise factor is the worst part of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being stung by dead wasps, my speciality :/

The pain, not TOO bad - however - being stung on a joint (especially the elbow) causes a lot of irritation from bending of said joint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Really wanna know
    Painful, but only briefly, jab yourself with a pointy object......(dont actually do that), and thats it, its mainly the shock from the unexpected. Though some people make a right exhibition of themselves, its just a damm insect sting, no need to act like you've been shot.

I got stung in the head while I was asleep, summer time and 3 wasps came in my room, they decide to circle my head and in my sleep I try to swat them away, well fuck me it hurt like a bitch.

Wasp - not too painful, a little bit irritating - imagine a little scratch or a cut, just a tiny one and a bit more focused.

Hornet - it does hurt like a bitch, but i wouldn't compare it to getting your hand mashed in a door, it's hard to compare it to something,really, imagine getting stabbed with something thin and then pouring some salt+lemon juice in it.

Maybe it's just my high pain tolerance, but i wouldn't say those stings are something i'm afraid of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly get this type (and this is the one stinging me from beyond the grave so often) over here in Blighty - Vespula Vulgaris

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's like a little pick followed by a feeling of WTF how can this hurt that much it's just a bug! It's a sharp, localized kind of pain which dulls out over a few minutes but can be irritating depending on where you get stung because of the inevitable swelling.

Getting stung on the eye-lid is pretty annoying because you look like you just got falconpunched in the eye but without any bruising.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    All the times I've been sting by a bee, I never felt huge deals of pain... I actually liked to provoke them and see them dying on my arm. :0

I am so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Wasp and hornet...

There is a difference. It's like asking "what does it feel like being hit by a coin or a loaded truck".

Wasp stings are annoying, think mosquito but bigger, more swollen, more painfull. Nothing big. Get stung by a hornet and consider yourself lucky if your limb will be fully usable in following days. And hurts like shit, really. Aha, one more, several (count: around 4-5) bites may lead you straight into the hospital.
    I've been stung by hornets before, it's not that bad. It hurts like a mofo, and sucks worse than a wasp, but to say your limb won't be usable is a bit of exaggeration. Unless you're allergic to it, then you might need to see a doc.

Deleted
    Wasps: doesn't hurt that much if you're a grown man/woman. It's just surprising and you get a big adrenaline rush from it.
    Hornets: those can really hurt, depending on the type of hornet. I've spent summers in a house that had a new hornet's nest every summer and been stung a couple of times. I really don't recommend the experience . (Also, don't live in a house with a nest nearby, it's insanely dangerous)

I've also been bitten by one of these assholes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse-fly
    Difficult to say if it's worse than the hornet's sting, but it really, really hurts.

And if you still don't think you should be careful around hornets:
    http://youtu.be/mseXCMfBlYI
    30 hornets against 30k bees, guess who wins?

Yellow-jackets are very aggressive. They live in nests underground. I stepped on one when I was about 12 and got stung 17 times in the space of about 5 seconds. Luckily, I'm immune to things like insect venom and poison ivy so I didn't have any overly adverse reaction. Just bumps that lasted a couple of days. One of the most painful things is to be bitten by a horsefly. It's much worse than any bee, hornet, or wasp sting.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like having a sharp object stabbed into you repeatedly.

Then it feels like loud, numb, dull throbbing pain for hours on end. Like having a migraine somehow located at a spot outside your head.

Then it's just kind of stiff and uncomfortable for a day or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    It hurt for 30 seconds then becomes a "hot but dull ache."

Then the fever started. My arm swelled up. My heart started beating super fast and I became delirious. My throat swelled, constricting my breathing and I was rushed to the hospital. I had a tube shoved down my throat giving oxygen and received a shot in my chest. The shot looked to be a six inch needle. But that could have been the delirium.

(Turns out it takes 1/10th of the normal amount of venom any bee / wasp / etc. injects to kill me.)
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    I've been stung by hornets before, it's not that bad. It hurts like a mofo, and sucks worse than a wasp, but to say your limb won't be usable is a bit of exaggeration. Unless you're allergic to it, then you might need to see a doc.
    Depends where you live tbh, there are different kinds of hornets like ants. Some can be deadly

It really depends on where you get stuck. Honey bees are bad because when they sting you they leave the stinger in you to keep injecting venom. If they get you in a sensitive area it can be pretty painful for quite a while and of course some people are very allergic. Wasps generally aren't as bad, but it does hurt, again depends on where you get stung, but it hurts more than just getting pricked by a needle. Yellow jackets are assholes. They'll just come taste you. Doesn't hurt like a sting, but it does hurt when they bite.

Sorta like getting a wood skelf, only it feels like there's loads of wee hairs moving around in it. It's initially a sharp pain, followed by a numb-nippy feeling that kinda pulsates. I've not been stung since I was a kid, so I probably make it sound worse than it is. Being stung in the side of the neck was actually quite painful, got stung in the hands/arms plenty of times and it wasn't that bad.

Scottish wasps are tiny and their poison is really weak, as much as I think they're evil wee <expletives>, I'd prefer being stung by one of them than any other insect that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    So have you guys ever been chased around by a swarm of them like in a Cartoon?
    Sorta, at my primary school, every single bin in the playground had a wasp nest in it. Kicking the hippo/frog shaped bins and running while an army of wasps spewed from their mouthes was a favourite passtime of my classmates during the summer, after tig and bulldog were banned.

Got stung by hornet when I was 6, in the neck, felt like someone stabbed me, like a blade going thru my whole neck.

It is sore and painful, but it wears off quickly if you don't mess with it like scratching.