Darkmoon Faire - Selling cards No3

As title says what do you think about 3rd DMF, is it still going to bring some profit? I know most of top raiders and many ppl with deep wallets got the trinkets. I'm wondering cause at this point I can make about 60 cards and until 3rd DMF it will be over 100 ( cause I have 5 scribes).

Write your opinions, cause I already started farming Fool's cap and would like to know should I spend Fool's cap on something else

I hope so, I can make 40 cards right now and I already have 16 different decks waiting to be turned in.

You can pretty much make a deck for 5-10k and then sell it for 18-30k, great profit for almost no work. Even more profit if you just buy the Inks, which are so cheap, and make the cards.

Deleted
    Let's see how the new fair chainges things. In the past couple of weeks ( after the 2nd DMG ) the relics of youlon for example sold for @ 15k ( 12 the least, 16 the most ) and in the past couple of days they were up to 20k again ( I was lucky I could sell it for that )
    The DMF is close, and the sets sell for @ 5k now. Even if the cards themselves will sell for 10k, it's still a 100% profit. ( It depends massively on your server though )

@Hayro1 - I highly doubt you will sell decks for 30k on servers with good economy this 3rd faire.

@Dethox - Theres no such thing as 100% profit. You have to consider an opportunity cost...like selling your cards cooldowns in trade to a bigger deck player. Or selling the herbs he farmed at going rate etc.

Generic way to figure if it's worth to sell CARDS(as opposed to decks).
    1. Check cards rate (rough average, it's wise to disregard gouged high select cards for this). Determine an average sale price per scroll cooldown. (call this AVG)
    2. Check trade chat, see how much Scroll cooldowns sell for (Call this number X)
    3. Check going rate for cheapest herbs (Call this number Y - I'll refrain from going into fool's cap vs other herbs math would become a bit more painful).

It takes an average of 10 stacks of lower tier herb per card to make. Thus,
    if AVG > X+10*Y, make card and sell them
    Otherwise, sell scroll cooldowns and herbs directly

The bigger profit generally comes from making decks and unless you are in for massive trades, it's hard to be competitive in deck market unless you have 3+ scribes for cards. Personally if I didn't run 6 scribes in the first faire I would just have sold my scroll cooldowns directly to just save the stupid hassle of miling.

Quote Originally Posted by Deau View Post
    @Hayro1 - I highly doubt you will sell decks for 30k on servers with good economy this 3rd faire.
    Depends. I'm on a high pop server and the prices have plummeted, and are still at 18-30k - regardless, cards (even on the third faire) will be a better investment than the off-hands, they're already ridiculously cheap. ~5.1 and 4.7k respectively.

I have multiple scribes and currently my cost to make a trinket is under 3k. Even the cheapest trinket (tank) is going for 12k on my realm and the healing/caster trinkets are around 18-20k and Xuen is around 30k. I expect them to go down a bit during the fair (they always do) and then to rise slightly after the fair. Even so I'll still make a lot of profit from them even if the price was halved (and I don't think it will be). There is no other use for the scrolls that is anywhere near as profitable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deau View Post

@Dethox - Theres no such thing as 100% profit. You have to consider an opportunity cost...like selling your cards cooldowns in trade to a bigger deck player. Or selling the herbs he farmed at going rate etc.

Generic way to figure if it's worth to sell CARDS(as opposed to decks).
    1. Check cards rate (rough average, it's wise to disregard gouged high select cards for this). Determine an average sale price per scroll cooldown. (call this AVG)
    2. Check trade chat, see how much Scroll cooldowns sell for (Call this number X)
    3. Check going rate for cheapest herbs (Call this number Y - I'll refrain from going into fool's cap vs other herbs math would become a bit more painful).

It takes an average of 10 stacks of lower tier herb per card to make. Thus,
    if AVG > X+10*Y, make card and sell them
    Otherwise, sell scroll cooldowns and herbs directly

The bigger profit generally comes from making decks and unless you are in for massive trades, it's hard to be competitive in deck market unless you have 3+ scribes for cards. Personally if I didn't run 6 scribes in the first faire I would just have sold my scroll cooldowns directly to just save the stupid hassle of miling.
    The problem in your theory is that the practice proves it wrong.

No really. Cards sell hot and high.

I am finding that card sales have been pretty damned cutthroat with everyone constantly undercutting each other and dropping the price of each card from 3k a card to 600 gold a card before it sells. Its so cut throat you have to check your sales every 15-20 mins and be prepared to constantly undercut for a couple of days before it sells.

1 problem is that every time someone asks how to make money in wow everyone tells them to make cards for crazy money and then looks shocked when their cards keep selling for less and less.

Hopefully the nerfing of herbs will make the cards more rare and we can make more money from each individual card/