Poll: Is Ancient Portal: Dalaran fun?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by GangRapeORama View Post
    I've always wondered why people like the OP don't have the courage to extend their douchebaggery into real life. This is the WoW equivalent of slashing a tire on a parked car or, if we taken it a little farther, raping a woman while she's too drunk to protest.

Rationalization: The means to do it are there and if the target didn't want to be hurt, it could have concealed itself. It's "funny" and the OP gets some amount of enjoyment out of it. He'll not suffer any consequences.

Is it cowardice that keeps them from destroying or raping? I truly see no difference in the logic. It's just a matter of screwing someone over for your own enjoyment.
    Did you seriously just compare a joke in a game to actual rape? What the fuck?

Reminds me of the times we had randomly inviting people to a raid then summoning them just outside the Dalaran sewers to fall to their death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Did you seriously just compare a joke in a game to actual rape? What the fuck?
    Not surprising considering his name. IDK why he's not banned yet.

As an advocate for mage rights, mage independence and the mage separatist movement I whole-heartedly approve of this and find it quite hilarious. You probably shouldn't post threads about it or let on about your real name tho...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear OP,

I have been a victim of a Portal in DS LFR. Did you know that by leaving the instance by Portal, then being summoned back locks you out for loot on all bosses?

It is jerks like you that give this community such a bad name.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Dear OP,

I have been a victim of a Portal in DS LFR.
    Sounds like you're as dumb as a ret pally.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Did you know that by leaving the instance by Portal, then being summoned back locks you out for loot on all bosses?
    Did you know there is a green button on your minimap, that when right clicked, opens a dropdown menu which allows you to teleport into instanced areas, such as a raid you ought not be clicking portals in? Did you ALSO know that have group will travel has been removed, and lock summoning stones don't operate in LFR since the MoP launched, so IDK what you're even on about?

Deleted
    I use Aspect of the Pack on Blade Lord wind phase in LFR and don't feel bad about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    And as for happiness being a zero sum, that's my opinion and you are free to disagree with it but at least give me examples why. In a happiness is a zero sum world we see countless examples on television and the media where, they may not be REAL entities, but the enjoyment comes from watching them suffer or otherwise have to persevere against odds we ourselves would not like to face...

I welcome you to give examples of things you deem fun and I will point out the the fun is coming FROM somewhere, at someone's expense, whether you choose to acknowledge that basic part of how our society works or not.
    Watching your best friend get married. Experiencing the birth of your first child. Satisfaction after completing a challenging project. Enjoying listening to the latest release from your favorite band. These are examples conjured up in 5 seconds, and given mere minutes, I have no doubt that I could deliver many more.

Happiness is not necessarily derived from the difficulties of others. The fact that you deem it so says an awful lot about you - none of it remotely positive. Justify it in whatever way makes you feel better, but the fact is, much of the happiness in this world is unconditional, and it doesn't require the movement of mountains to find it. Once you do, you'll realize that being a douchebag isn't a prerequisite to feeling 'happy'.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all fun and games as long as it doesn't happen to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Working as intended.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    You do realize there is no raid mechanic that involves going to Dalaran right? Hence no reason to click on it. At all. So again that is a prime example of clicking on something without knowing why or what it is for.
    No? Really? No raid mechanics that involve going to Dalaran?

Where did you get that I said that it was anything to do with raid mechanics? Do you don't bother to read the posts you respond to?

I do find it strange that you spend so much of your time on these boards insulting anyone that dare to criticize Blizzard or WOW and yet you are advocating behaviour that has potential to drive people from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No? Really? No raid mechanics that involve going to Dalaran?

Where did you get that I said that it was anything to do with raid mechanics? Do you don't bother to read the posts you respond to?

I do find it strange that you spend so much of your time on these boards insulting anyone that dare to criticize Blizzard or WOW and yet you are advocating behaviour that has potential to drive people from the game.
    My point was that people don't read tooltips and click thimgs they shouldn't. Why on earth would you click a portal to Dalaran or ANY portal for that matter in a raid? And what does this have ANYTHING to do with contradicting Blizzard or Wow? How about this? Do YOU bother to read the posts you respond to?

In all honesty if people quit the game because they are too damn fucking stupid to pay attention to what they are doing, good riddance. Maybe if they left the game and this community, sites like this wouldn't be infested with bitter jaded players like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    This is a great example of the toxicity that has crept into the WOW community. Childish pranks like this, which waste player's time and mucks with their game experience, are pathetic. I don't think you really feel bad, seeing as you are basically bragging about it on MMO Champ.
    When did you start playing the game, Cata? Griefing like this has been around a LONG time. We used to summon sub-level 70 people to floating rocks in the middle of nowhere in Outland and leave them there.

Hey that's why you don't click random portals lol.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Initially I posted because I did feel bad for the paladin that lost his LFR spot because of my shenanigans. But you are not the first, (perhaps the most well spoken, I will give you that) and won't be the last to shake your virtual finger at me and tell me 'bad doggie'. After being a part of the 8 pages discussing this I have all but lost my pity for the paladin and now realize the true issue is people LIKE you that take this game too seriously, as much as you try to persuade me that people like ME are the ones ruining the game by injecting humor into it.
    "I fucked up someone and now you lowly peasants don't praise me for the god of jokes I am, but telling me I'm wrong instead. That won't do! I must show the world how unfunny lowlifes you are and how brilliant clown I am!" Please continue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahahahahahaha.

Good read!

How could he die from fall damage? He could have Bubbled, BoPed, AW-ed if he had a glyph. Many things.